Lindsay Tweets: 'I'm Prepared to Face Consequences'

9/18/2010 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan apparently has had a change of heart.  After telling friends TMZ's story was dead wrong -- that she tested positive for cocaine and flunked a drug test -- she then took to her Twitter page late Friday night and fessed up.

0917Lindsay_lohan_BN_TMZ_05
Regrettably, I did in fact fail my most recent drug test and if I am asked, I am prepared to appear before judge Fox next week as a result.

Substance abuse is a disease, which unfortunately doesn't go away over night. I am working hard to overcome it and am taking positive steps forward every day. I am testing every single day and doing what I must do to prevent any mishaps in the future.

This was certainly a setback for me but I am taking responsibility for my actions and I'm prepared to face the consequences.

I am so thankful for the support of my fans, loved ones and immediate family, who understand that i am trying hard, but also that I am a work in progress, just as anyone else. I am keeping my faith, and I am hopeful....Thank you all!!!

As we told you yesterday, Lindsay actually failed two drug tests -- the second was not for cocaine.

Nonetheless, she's now acknowledging a problem.  For her sake, we hope these are her words and not those of the people who have so adeptly gotten her out of numerous jams.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

ScroogeMcDuck

I know this is a crazy idea, but how about you just stop hanging out with the druggie "friends" that are supplying you with it. Dumbass. Have fun in jail again.

Enigma

Mmmmm..wonder how much coke it would take to get her to let me do her sister?

lala

sympathy=bull****. get some real help lilo

tom terrific

good luck lindsay

Be a little inappropriate~

Wow that was so touching and heart felt, nice job Lindsay's PR person way to earn your pay check.

GinaD.

now she is admitting she has a problem? i wonder if she is only saying all that because her lawyers think it will make her look good.

cealygirl

Well, first step is admitting you have a problem... Seemed heartfelt to me...

lisa

Dear Lindsay, you are a hot mess!!! your career is over, UCLA did not help you,, and you are lost. Please get some help before you die.
Love G-d

Hugh

She's full of **** as usual.

lala

bet she was high while she wrote that too. coke will do that to you.

Ernie

Substance abuse is not a disease or a sickness. The UCLA doctors confirmed this to Ms. Lindsay. The sooner she gets into a faith-based program the better of this young lady will be. She has learned zero. Nothing. There are no tests to be given to identify one as a subsance abuser. None. No medical tests. None. It is all about behavior .... making decisions ... and commiting sin. Sin is the key here, Ms. Lohan. You state you have faith... however you do not seem to put it into action. You are not some powerless addict. Take some time and learn who you are in Christ. You say you believe. Now put your faith into action. Try faith-based treatment for a year. Take up the prison minister's offer. NOW.

ween in central park

wow..didnt see this comming...Linz is always so honest and truthfull..

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Waldo Von Brewski

Lindsay,

Cancel SNL and the "comeback." Just move into a nightclub and stop pretending that you really care about getting better.

P.S. Paris is a HILTON, you are just an unemployed actress who peaked at 18, sic years ago.

Phreaky

What do you mean substance abuse is a disease? You claimed everyone was lying about you doing drugs - so did your mom. You said the powder dumped all over your feet was baby powder and all those reports were "untrue!"
So you are saying... that you (and your mother) have lied ALL THIS TIME?
Die in hell. There is no help for you. You had all the wonderful help in the world handed to you lately, and look how well it worked.
Eff off.

DELETE ME

look world - she is getting there, give her some time, it can't happen over night. If there is any compassion in you, please let her handle this with the blows that comes with it. Sobriety can be years in the making. Lindsay in just in her early stages with the world looking on. It's not easy! Give her the space to do this on her on timetable and stages of contemplation. We really should judge when we are not in her shoes. I'm not a fan but can understand where she is coming from. She needs help and I hope she will seek the help that works for her. To any addict - or person with a human heart. Give her a break. I'd be high too if the paps followed me all day long...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments