Lindsay Tweets: 'I'm Prepared to Face Consequences'

9/18/2010 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan apparently has had a change of heart.  After telling friends TMZ's story was dead wrong -- that she tested positive for cocaine and flunked a drug test -- she then took to her Twitter page late Friday night and fessed up.

0917Lindsay_lohan_BN_TMZ_05
Regrettably, I did in fact fail my most recent drug test and if I am asked, I am prepared to appear before judge Fox next week as a result.

Substance abuse is a disease, which unfortunately doesn't go away over night. I am working hard to overcome it and am taking positive steps forward every day. I am testing every single day and doing what I must do to prevent any mishaps in the future.

This was certainly a setback for me but I am taking responsibility for my actions and I'm prepared to face the consequences.

I am so thankful for the support of my fans, loved ones and immediate family, who understand that i am trying hard, but also that I am a work in progress, just as anyone else. I am keeping my faith, and I am hopeful....Thank you all!!!

As we told you yesterday, Lindsay actually failed two drug tests -- the second was not for cocaine.

Nonetheless, she's now acknowledging a problem.  For her sake, we hope these are her words and not those of the people who have so adeptly gotten her out of numerous jams.

HarryPalms

WHITE-CELEBRITY-RICH BITCH JUSTICE WILL APPLY ONCE AGAIN... SHE CAN'T BE THAT CONFIDENT IF SHE DOESN'T KNOW SOMETHING BY NOW

Emma

your a ****up, save the state some money that they will have to spend on more of your court dates and pack your **** and move right on in to lynwood, make some friends and stay put, if ya get lonely mamalohan can check in too

enjoy jail Linds!

xoxo

sean

Hey Nicole/Dina ,what do you say about that you stupid ass enabler all day long you blabbed about her not failing any tests .What say yee now?

HarryPalms

@16.: LOL

Superman

Faith in what? When was she EVER a person of faith?!?! More BS from her!

azlee

lindsay, just change your downer friends. You can do this with a change of lifestyle. Most people know you are a great doing what you do professionally and you are cheating yourself. If you keep this road up, you will have brain damnage and never do it. Kick this, be strong inside, take the strength of God and overcome. You can do this, but not with the friends you have.

Lori

I don't know that Lindsay wrote that... she's never taken responsibility for her actions before... why start now? I hope she does get it together though. Obviously the first judge was right to order a longer stay in rehab!

Ernie

Ok Harry Palms ... we get it. Whitie gets off easy and blackie goes to jai forever. Please. TI was arrested with machine guns... convicted as a double felon .... got out on parole ... violated by using drugs .... Come on... you are comparing Lohan to TI? What a mess you are.

DELETE ME

Come where you can get the treatment you need. Love.....that's all you need!

Janine

Thanks Ms. Chapman-Holley ... I mean Lindsay..pfffffffffffffffffffffffffft

darkrage6

Say what you will but I think Lindsay can still recover from this, most of the people on here were mentioning how one of her major issues was that she refused to admit that she had a problem, well now she has finally flat-out admitted that she does have a problem, which is definitely a step-forward, hopefully she'll be able to beat her addiction and get her life back on track, Robert Downjey Jr. was able to get his career back despite falling of the wagon several times and getting into a shoot-out with the police, so I see no reason why Lindsay can't do the same thing, and at least unlike Paris Hilton, Lindsay actually has real talent and isn't some stupid spoiled rich girl who's only famous because of a sex tape.

Hugh

I hope Sat. Nite Live recinds their invititation to host the show in Dec.

aquanet

still trying to get that acting career back I see.

LiLo go directly to jail, do not pass GO, don't not collect more coke.

fair

OHHH LINDSEY WHITE WOMAN needs HELP ROBERT DOWIN JR CHANCE AFTER CHANCE needed HELP!paris WHITE AGAIN needs HELP! not there race! but T.I, OHH the N'word aka the NINJA!
no help!:( he and his whole race INCLUDING african are the same hahaha!!!! that say THE white book of life haha>>WHITE men r kids for real,..they feed hit for others to there woman and kids out of there own fear as weak people>grow up children they all need help it not a race thing.we all slip.just that BLacks celebs ARE more watched,profile so they get cought the most!!!!!
just food for thoughts

Superman

Her lawyer probably wrote that.