Lindsay Tweets: 'I'm Prepared to Face Consequences'

9/18/2010 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan apparently has had a change of heart.  After telling friends TMZ's story was dead wrong -- that she tested positive for cocaine and flunked a drug test -- she then took to her Twitter page late Friday night and fessed up.

0917Lindsay_lohan_BN_TMZ_05
Regrettably, I did in fact fail my most recent drug test and if I am asked, I am prepared to appear before judge Fox next week as a result.

Substance abuse is a disease, which unfortunately doesn't go away over night. I am working hard to overcome it and am taking positive steps forward every day. I am testing every single day and doing what I must do to prevent any mishaps in the future.

This was certainly a setback for me but I am taking responsibility for my actions and I'm prepared to face the consequences.

I am so thankful for the support of my fans, loved ones and immediate family, who understand that i am trying hard, but also that I am a work in progress, just as anyone else. I am keeping my faith, and I am hopeful....Thank you all!!!

As we told you yesterday, Lindsay actually failed two drug tests -- the second was not for cocaine.

Nonetheless, she's now acknowledging a problem.  For her sake, we hope these are her words and not those of the people who have so adeptly gotten her out of numerous jams.

whateverpeeps

Wait, wait, wait.

So what happened to, "Lindsey doesn't have any problems! She's perfectly fine! She doesn't abuse drugs, she only uses what was prescribed to her!"

How the hell is Mrs. Lohan going to justify herself out of this one?

Cocaine, Dilaudid, Ritalin, alcohol and "something else." Wow, quite a druggie.

On the plus side, I hope that she is in fact getting help and working to fight the addiction, and not just trying to make herself look good to the public. Clearly, mommy isn't helping her. So she's got to put on her big girl panties and do it all by herself.

KeepItSimple

Lindsay choose this path, she needs to take responsibility. The paps aren't forcing those drugs on her. Nice PR, but good luck with jail.

(# 2&8 Both of you sound like pigs who don't get laid too often)

HarryPalms

WE WERE RIGHT!!!

REMEMBER THIS TMZ POLL?

Lindsay Lohan Released from UCLA Rehab
8/24/2010 5:45 PM PDT by TMZ Staff

Lindsay will make it on her own
* 84%No
* 16%Yes
Total Votes: 100,644

Arthur

NO, Lindsay, Substance abuse is not a disease. It is a symptom, an attempt to self-medicate an underlying problem.

whateverpeeps

Oh and Dina Lohan,

If you knew your daughter was a druggie, why the hell would you fight SO DAMN HARD to get her out of jail and rehab early, so she could go straight back to using? What a selfish b****. No wonder Lindsey's a druggie.

Janine

Suddenly Michael Lohan is looking to be living more in reality than Dina. "My daughter certainly has never failed a drug test" pppppppppppppppppppppppft

"She didnt take one drink when it came out positive on that test.. it was a malfunction.. pffffffffffffffffffffffffft

Phreaky

They need rehab for people that can't stop lying.

HarryPalms

@36./Superman: I agree, her lawyer must've writen that... she must be pouting her snout with a few lines now that she's already failed and going in for a week... yes, a week, not 30 days mandatory

Ernie

When you fail a drug test there is not way around it. It is time to fess up. That is why the courts use drug tests. It helps you stay on the straight and narrow. LL is learning the hard way. All the criminal justice system is doing is trying to save her life... she just doesn't get it yet. However, it takes time and that is why she needs 12 months of help... in a program based on faith... not medicine. She already went down that road. UCLA came up zero. Jail did no good. Probation is getting through ... now LL... make your move. Turn to Jesus. He will transform you if you allow Him to. You can be a brand new you.

t jam

STAY AWAY FROM THE PEOPLE IN THAT ENVIROMENT ,,EVERYONE HAS THIER VICES ,, STAY AWAY FROM THE BLOOD SUCKERS THAT BRING THAT **** AROUND YOU ,,THEY ARE YOUR FREINDS BECAUSE YOU HAVE MONEY ,,,I ALWAYS ASK MYSELF HOW MANY OF MY FREINDS DO FOR ME AS I DO FOR THEM ??? ............ NOT MANY GOOD LUCK !!

mel

It's sad that she failed the test so soon after being released. I wonder why her and her lawyer pushed for a earlier release from treatment, now it shows that she should have stayed the full term. I hope that she find help, gets better and stays clean, happy and healthy. She is leading down a path and road of disaster and dealth.

Phreaky

Larry Rudolph needs to drop this bich right away. She doesn't deserve him.

Janine

Think about how bad off Lindsay is right now.. she has to take a drug test basically every day, she KNOWS its going to show up.. and shes using cocaine anyways..
She KNOWS she is going to go back to jail, and she does it anyways.

time for a face to face with daddy Lindsay

KeepItSimple

Hey Fair, how about you write a complete sentence without all the gibberish! Just saying....

DJM

Wow, she is admitting she has an addiction. That is a huge step to recovery. And I don't mean career, but life recovery. Best of luck to her and every one else who are struggling to beat their demons. I have seen what addiction can do to family and friends first hand and I believe that even if you fail, if you keep trying, one day you will make it. I have proof in this, in that I now have the greatest brother in law in the world, who is also a wonderful husband, father, uncle, son, son in law and overall person. If he can do it, Lindsay can to.