Lindsay Tweets: 'I'm Prepared to Face Consequences'

9/18/2010 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan apparently has had a change of heart.  After telling friends TMZ's story was dead wrong -- that she tested positive for cocaine and flunked a drug test -- she then took to her Twitter page late Friday night and fessed up.

0917Lindsay_lohan_BN_TMZ_05
Regrettably, I did in fact fail my most recent drug test and if I am asked, I am prepared to appear before judge Fox next week as a result.

Substance abuse is a disease, which unfortunately doesn't go away over night. I am working hard to overcome it and am taking positive steps forward every day. I am testing every single day and doing what I must do to prevent any mishaps in the future.

This was certainly a setback for me but I am taking responsibility for my actions and I'm prepared to face the consequences.

I am so thankful for the support of my fans, loved ones and immediate family, who understand that i am trying hard, but also that I am a work in progress, just as anyone else. I am keeping my faith, and I am hopeful....Thank you all!!!

As we told you yesterday, Lindsay actually failed two drug tests -- the second was not for cocaine.

Nonetheless, she's now acknowledging a problem.  For her sake, we hope these are her words and not those of the people who have so adeptly gotten her out of numerous jams.

bghs1986

Wasn't she let out of UCLA because she didn't have an addiction problem. I guess she's an addict when it suits her.

Alcamedes

Lindsay is a coke addict, The Judge saw it. Lindsay's so called fans that make up a thousand excuses don't see it.

They must have drank some of the Dina denial Kool-Aid. Yes when it happens to anyone but Lindsay it's justice, when it happens to Lindsay it's a travesty and they are picking on Lindsay and it was a set up, someone must have slipped it in her drink.

I don't know who is worse with the denials, Lindsay or her Fans that make excuses

Alcamedes

Finally she steps up and takes responsibility!

Posted at 11:14 PM on Sep 17, 2010 by Lady V
-------------------------------------------------

LOL, I doub't Lindsay wrote that, Obviously that is a PR person that out that out, Lindsay had earlier denied that she failed a drug test. You are better to wait to see what she has to say in court when she has to appear before Judge Fox. Then you will see if she is sorry or not

Broeheem

She was just playing hardball. With a massive rock-hard ball. Of cocaine. With the ShamWow guy.

Slutty Whores Rock

GET BACK TO JAIL, Skankolina. Your career is OVER, and so are you.
Bye now, send in your sister Ali so we can mess with her now!

Pam

@HarryPalms:

Ernie didn't say anything about sin --he said she's lost and I think he's right. I hope she does find a higher power to help her win this battle, because make no mistake about it, she is in the fight of her life. I hope she makes it.

Ernie

to HarryPalms... once you prove Jesus is a fairy tale then I will shut up. Until then you got lots of homework to do cause it just ain't gonna happen, son. Sin is the root of all of our problems. I say ... root. Once that is dealt with then life can go on. Sin..... there I said it again. SIN!!! HarryPalms. SIN. Jesus forgives SIN. And once that happens .... you will love the things your use to hate. ... hate the things you use to love: drugs... booze.... crazy living ... Those are called SINS... HarryPalms. Sin. don't like the sound of it, Harry Palms? SINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

RosWeiz

How can anyone feel sorry or pity for her after all the Vanity Fair interviews and photoshoots saying she's not an addict or blaming Britney Spears for her behavior. Or how can we forget the VMA skit..so funny how she got her life together. Let alone her mother the enabler who pushed her to get her career back when she's still an addict. She needs to leave hollywood..it's not for her cannot handle the scene. She was a child actor and that's it..made a few good movies. She needs to clean herself up get real help and later figure out what she wants to do with her life. But Hollywood isn't for you Lindsay..actually hasn't been for a very long time.

HarryPalms

a@91/Pam: Ernie wrote on post NUMBER 65 "LL has the age old problem called sin"

doug

Clearly her PR people wrote that. It contained none of the abbreviations she (and others) typically use when twittering brief tidbits but rather full, well constructed sentences. Please. Perhaps the statement reflects something close to her actual views; perhaps it does not. Who knows!? Either way, clearly she has a problem. Hopefully she'll find a way to get her act together (with Jesus or without!) so at the very least she can salvage her life if not her career. While I had typically rooted for the overpaid and obnoxious young stars to fail and fall back to earth like the rest of us, her case is definitely getting sad. I have no desire to see her die of this. I hope she recovers from her addiction and is actually able to grow as a person, regardless of what happens to her acting career, and lead something like a normal life. Child stardom (especially with parents like hers) is a recipe for disaster.

HarryPalms

@ Ernie: You are surely a supporter of Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck Hannity and Christine O'Donelle... ;-)

Joe

She's got big problems now. Maybe longer jail time will straighten her ass out…unless she liked it in there with all the lovely ladies having pillow fights and painting pretty pictures.

Joe

HarryPalms

@ 91/Pam: Read NUMBER 93

Mike

If Lindsay really DID fail this drug test, then her psychologist has a LOT of work to do. Lindsay might be one of those "rebel without of a clue" kind of people that just HAS to hit a brick wall face first before they "get it".

Some younger people flat out think they've got all the answers and they're Superman and NOTHING is going to hurt them. They're all super cynical and think older people who have "been there and done that" are all just lying to them and exaggerating about the dangers of drug and alcohol.

The reality is that you might can mess around with booze and pot for a few years on weekends a little in college but if you KEEP ON messing with that stuff ALL the time, it WILL suck you in and spit out out. It's just a matter of time. They don't call it "demon alcohol" or refer to regular drug takers as "drug fiends" for no good reason. The dangers are quite REAL.

You're literally dancing around with DEATH with these drugs. There's some very powerful drugs out there ... street drugs AND prescription drugs. You take the wrong thing at a party or trust the wrong person who hangs you some sort of drug and you could be sitting in a cooler at the coroner's office really quick.

Lindsay needs to take a trip to the coroner's office and see some drug overdose deaths. She needs to be "scared stiff" like those stiffs in those drawers at the morgue. There's probably PLENTY of arrogant, young punks who cynically thought that drugs wouldn't kill them ... but they SURE DID!

There's probably plenty of those somewhat wealthy, wild and crazy, "cool kids" in the morgue. In one stupid night of being a "party animal", their one and only life "faded to black" like those old black and white TVs ... permanently.