Lindsay Tweets: 'I'm Prepared to Face Consequences'

9/18/2010 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan apparently has had a change of heart.  After telling friends TMZ's story was dead wrong -- that she tested positive for cocaine and flunked a drug test -- she then took to her Twitter page late Friday night and fessed up.

0917Lindsay_lohan_BN_TMZ_05
Regrettably, I did in fact fail my most recent drug test and if I am asked, I am prepared to appear before judge Fox next week as a result.

Substance abuse is a disease, which unfortunately doesn't go away over night. I am working hard to overcome it and am taking positive steps forward every day. I am testing every single day and doing what I must do to prevent any mishaps in the future.

This was certainly a setback for me but I am taking responsibility for my actions and I'm prepared to face the consequences.

I am so thankful for the support of my fans, loved ones and immediate family, who understand that i am trying hard, but also that I am a work in progress, just as anyone else. I am keeping my faith, and I am hopeful....Thank you all!!!

As we told you yesterday, Lindsay actually failed two drug tests -- the second was not for cocaine.

Nonetheless, she's now acknowledging a problem.  For her sake, we hope these are her words and not those of the people who have so adeptly gotten her out of numerous jams.

HarryPalms

@ Ernie: I don't believe in sin. But I do like to do the acts deemed sinful. Are you by any chance related to the church lady?

george clooney

#2 Enigma "Mmmmm..wonder how much coke it would take to get her to let me do her sister?"

Well, it cost me only a 6 pack to do your mother

Ernie

Please Harry. Save it. What are you going to do now...attack my own character? And I suppose you support who? It does not matter who anyone supports...politically... it is all about Who is going to change one's life for the better... and it starts spiritually. We are all spirits who live in bodies that have souls... senses... seeing, feeling, hearing. Our spirits are need to be brought out of sin handed down through generations... so we can live. There is only one way that can happen. But, hey ... don't get me started. Because pretty soon you are going to attack me by saying I might have voted for Obama. .. which.. by the way ... I did.

Ernie

How what do you know? Harry Palms does not believe in sin? Who would have thought?

Mmagic

love, Love, LOVE Lindsay!

Mike

If there's any arrogant, "know it all", young punks in here that think that powdered cocaine, crack and meth won't totally take you out you are DEAD wrong. It's only a matter of time. Watch videos like these and see for yourself.

Some of these videos might seem funny to some people, but you mess with these hardcore drugs and it WILL make you just like them. Sometimes a lot quicker than you think.

dee

She was out partying the night she got out of the psych facility. She needs to change all aspects of her life in order to kick addiction.

JimG

Of course she is "prepared to appear before judge Fox" because she has learned that for her at least (as well as for so many of these spoiled celebrities), the laws DO NOT apply. It's amazing how her strict jail and rehab sentence the last time around once again amounted to nothing more than a slap on the hand and was cut to just a fraction of it's length. Try breaking just a few of the laws that she has broken and see how easily you get out of an imposed jailed sentence. IT IS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING to watch this happen over and over again. Furthermore, I'd love to meet the medical doctors/ panel who deemed the reports of her addiction severely overestimated and not really a big deal that required any significant treatment and therefore agreed to recommend her early discharge from rehab. I wonder how much they were paid off. It only took a few days for her to get out of rehab and to start using again. I think perhaps their licenses have to be reviewed because I'm not so sure they are compentent to be providing medical care. And to top this all off, I see these behaviors are awarded even more monetarily as I read last week that the TODAY show is the most likely place that she will "tell her story" to the public and that they will pay her as much as $1 million. I DO NOT UNDERSTAND this situation at all. There is something so wrong with society when this is how this person's daily life is allowed to play out and yet it is rewarded time and time again.

Pam

@HarryPalms:

I was blind, but now I see!

@Ernie: OK, quit the rants please--they do nothing to advance your position. The girl is suffering from an illness, is surrounded by the wrong kind of people and isn't going to make it if she doesn't realize that she isn't the most important thing in the universe. I hope and yes, pray that she gets the help and support she needs, before it is too late, just as I would hope for anyone struggling with a chemical addiction. If you were saved, then why not just be positive?

Charlie

"I am testing every single day and doing what I must do to prevent any mishaps in the future."

Step One: Stop shoving that Booger Sugar up your nose you big stupid 45year old looking idiot!!

Seriously Lindsay, own up to your mistakes and commit suicide. You're boring.

Pistol

She had time to get clean in jail and in rehab, and the first thing she did was go out and hang with the same crowd. She is not trying hard.

Mel

Addiction is a disease and sobriety takes years to learn for most people. So while all of you sit on your high horse, aka your computer chairs and judge her one. get a life two try having some compassion for **** you might know nothing about. Sure she has lied, addicts tend to do that. The old joke is how do you know when a junkie is lying, their lips are moving. Just because the media has made her life our business does not actually mean we get a say. Her life is HER life, the court system will deal with her as we have seen (albeit not always effectively) but everyone ragging on her and saying burn in hell isn't exactly positive or compassionate. Stick to your own lives and problems that are actually your business before you crucify this girl who is wading through her problems and attempting to solve them. Oh and also, christ isn't going to fix this, a faith based program won't do a thing. I dont' think christ is going to magically reach down and cure Lindsay of her addiction to drugs and alcohol. She is no SINNING, yes she is making choices but this has nothing to do with sin and all to do with addiction. This is what rehab and doctors are for not ministers who do not deal in medicine.

Leave the damn girl alone and maybe she could heal, but yes it will take a few years. It's not all about instant gratification .

JLS

It's clear she has a crisis PR firm working for her who finally told her what DINA DID NOT. You must admit to the obvious otherwise your career is over. This is the first time she's admitted having a drug addiction. It's also the first time she is stating she will take responsibility. I wish it were sincere but I fear it's not. I think she's being coached by a crisis PR firm. In my opinion she needs to launch all her friends she had and used with. And then stay home at night for a while. Just stay away from temptation. That said, rehab a 5th time? That's absurd. Those physicians at UCLA are terrible. They should have kept her in the program the full time.

John

That statement was obviously written by her attorney or publicist. You know damn well that Lindsay couldn't give a **** less what people think about her.

Kory

Can't this bitch die already? Please. For the love of Christ.