Lobbyists Use MJ's Death

to Restrict Propofol

9/20/2010 4:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson's death is Exhibit A for California lobbyists who are pushing for a law restricting the use of Propofol.

MJ's Death
Michael's Law is being pushed by a group of people ... all of whom have lost loved ones to the misuse of Propofol. They've been going door-to-door in L.A. and Santa Barbrara -- handing out leaflets that describe the drug and how it killed MJ.

Their goal is "to prevent doctors from making careless choices, and stop them from administrating drugs that should not be administered outside of the hospital setting."

The Drug Enforcement Administration just announced it's considering tighter restrictions on Propofol.

Siggisiss

MJ didn't even get that much.

Posted at 1:00 PM on Sep 20, 2010 by What

Do you know exactly how much he got?
And doesn´t it repress your breathing? And if you stop breathing, your heart stops. Right?

I am not trying to be snotty or anything, I am just curious.

here-we-go-again

Read and weep..

Pegasus

Hi MiMi! You are right - If Michael were here, He would be proud to have his name connected to anything that would save lives, our planet, animals or anything else like that! That, was just one of his many missions, while he was here with us! I am all for a law that would RESTRICT the use of that drug. And I am very pleased to see that it bears his name!

here-we-go-again

Propofol is not a drug, if its used for surgery in a hospital.

Tellit

Michael Jackson targeted and preyed upon the less fortunate and downtrodden. He took advantage of them for his own selfserving needs and his image. And he still does.
He even called a homeless man in an alleyway....a "vagabond".
Some humanitarian he was.
lmao....
yeah...right.
Michael Jackson was/is an imposter, manipulator....and a cowardly scheming bamboozler.
imo

Tellit

What a lovely picture TMZ has posted of that "freak" of nature.
Military style stripes on his sleeve!...lmao...I'd say the man (I think) should have been ashamed of himself...but then the man had no shame.
An embroidered crown on the chest of his gaudy satiny tunic...
and STRIPES on his sleeve.
What an egotistic opportunistic creep.
Geez....

here-we-go-again

Aha tellit still trolling around?
Vagabond?
I call it a Chlochard.
More chic.

What

In no way does stopping breathing stop your heart!!! Anytime you've had surgery, you stopped breathing after we gave you propofol but your heart still beats just fine. Also, to the other comment of course propofol is a drug. Just because it's used in hospitals for surgeries doesn't mean otherwise.

Tellit

Well there wasn't anything "chic" about Michael Jackson.
He referred to the poor guy as a vagabond.

shamon

Many drugs are illegal or used in an illegal way. A law won't change that. There are laws on the books for lots of things that people do anyway. It's called breaking the law.

And who says Michael was asking for this stuff? I know everyone is repeating it but where does this info come from?

RIP MJ
Missing you
XO

here-we-go-again

Tellit you must know that you are loved.

Tellit

He wanted so much to be so many things...
that he couldn't be.
And never was satisfied with what he was/accomplished....
which....Heaven knows...
anybody would have been satisfied with.
He was a fathomless egomaniac.

Siggisiss

In no way does stopping breathing stop your heart!!!

Posted at 1:47 PM on Sep 20, 2010 by What

Uh, I thought that happens when you, say, drown or, say, are strangled. At least you DIE, which means that that your heart stops after you stop breathing!

"Anytime you've had surgery, you stopped breathing after we gave you propofol but your heart still beats just fine. Also, to the other comment of course propofol is a drug. Just because it's used in hospitals for surgeries doesn't mean otherwise."

And I thought you had machines help you breathe when you are under surgery. Silly me!

"I believe it was widely reported MJ received 25mg of propofol which is a very small amount, but the synergistic effect of the propofol with his other meds lowered his apneic threshold."

Murray claims that. But.... never mind. BTW, do you happen to be Dr. Murray? You sound like him.
In any case, I hope I never meet you in an ER.

Bye, I just wanted answers, no need to sneer.

What

Where did I say anything about ventilators in my reply? And you won't see me in the ER, you'll find me in an operating room. Obviously WHEN YOU DIE YOUR HEART STOPS. Induction of anesthesia with propofol causes respiratory depression, which of course could eventually cause your heart to stop when your body burns through its oxygen reservoir, but guess what???

We breathe for you, then put a fun little tube down your windpipe and put you on a ventilator!!

here-we-go-again

I dont think that Murray is the only one to blame. What did Michael got when he went to Arnie Klein?
Botox?
You cant tell me that he went for botox everytime. Btw you don't need to be sedated for that. You hardly feel it.