'O.C. Housewife' Hubby Arrested for Domestic Violence

9/21/2010 7:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Real Housewives of Orange County" star Tamra Barney's estranged husband was arrested this morning on suspicion of domestic battery, according to law enforcement sources.

0921_simon_barney_EXM_mug

TMZ obtained Simon Barney's mug shot. He's in the process of divorcing Tamra, and sources tell us they were arguing over their dog when Simon allegedly threw the dog's leash at Tamra and hit her wrist.

Sources say Tamra called the police. Simon is still in custody ... he's being held on $10,000 bail.

jw

her poor wrist.... what a joke. he should have choked her with it!

hung and dashing

What an abuse of the criminal system. They didn't have to arrest him. There are domestic disputes where the parties aren't actually arrested. Did Tamra maybe need more crayons in her divorce case against him?

The Housewives series are really bringing down America AND WOMEN. It has shown WOMEN as nothing but losers and manipulators. I wonder if that is why the franchise is so successful? There is actually a lot of misogyny in that BRAVO channel when you parse it all out.

HOF OBV

both these idiots are trainwrecks of biblical proportions,their kids are drawing dead

Chrissy

It hit her wrist? Come on Tamra

Donna

We should not be bad mouthing Tamra. She done the right time cuz we all know Simon has a temper. She called the cops because it could have been the way he throw it at here. Who gives him the right to be throwing thing at her in the first place and this is probally not his first time he has done this to her,he needs to learn his lesson. Then he is coming to continue doing this to her and thing could get worse. Simon is lucky it hit her in the wrist and not in the face. Am glad she is putting her feet down.

Sickmund Fruendberg

next time wave a hankie at her make it a pastel color to signal anger- that would be legally acceptable. But if a woman jumps the guy kicks him in the b#lls and scratches his face its ok- because poor little thing was victimized by the terrible man-
THIS IS GETTING SOOOOOOOOOOO CRAZY!!!!

deuceswild 76

At least make it worth your while. Should have put the leash around her neck and took the bitch for a walk!

Freaks!

She probably got the feeling she was about to be dumped and made the proactive move which will look good when she tries to take him for everything.

jessup

Simon beats his wife with a dog leash. This anal control freak will love jail. The show "Simon says" has been canceled!

SL

Wow...this is the more ridiculous things I have read on here..When I heard "A new season of housewives coming soon" on t.v...first thought I had was, I cant believe people actually spend their time watching other people live their lives. Its pathetic..ALL reality t.v should be banned!!!

Steve

That's what you get for thinking your rich money don't make you smart *******!!!!

Angie

I always thought Simon was down to Earth and Tamra got to big for her britches.

Witchy

Is it just me or are the police arresting men and women for absolutely nothing and charging them with domestic violence these days! It is making a mockery, in my opinion of the seriousness of the crime when this minor thing is called violence. Give me a break! I've been at the hard end of domestic abuse and to me this is laughable.

whateverIsay

According to the OC Register, he threw it right at her head,
and when her hand went up, it hit her hand.

Hope the turd is still in jail. Apparently, his 10 year old was right there.

Scott

what a freaking low life pos lock him up

She's too hott for his old ass anyways I'd take her any day

Call me Tamra Barney I'm 26 and More of a Man