Bad Omen for

'American Idol'

9/22/2010 3:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It was the buildup of the summer ... "American Idol" unveiling its new panel of judges -- Steven Tyler, Jennifer Lopez and Randy Jackson.  Everyone was in place.  Except for the audio guy.

American Idol New Judges
Ryan Seacrest took the stage and the whole thing went down ... and no one heard a word.

Anyone superstitious?

0922_idol_no_audio_v2

Ms_Tell

Or it could be that they are getting all the bad stuff out of the way, so it will all be good from here on out!

I am personally excited to have a good excuse to see a lot more of Steven Tyler - I love him! He is just the coolest thing since sliced bread! I will really miss Simon, but Steven is an excellent consolation prize!

My dream Idol panel of judges would be Simon, Steven, Randy and Ellen.

Laffn Bear

Perhaps they all sound best that way?
Ms. Lopez reminds me of those waving air powered arm things at car lots. The ones that go up wave around and then sink once again.
Her movies are much like that. When the hot air in and around them dies so do the movies.
Once again, a celebrity famous for doing not much of anything of value.

Jinko

Who in their right mind would want to sit and look at Tyler's face or listen to that irritating raspy voice? Or how about Jennifer. In "Anaconda" she spoke normally - no accent. When she's on t.v. she sounds like she is still living in the ghetto. What is with that? Accent, no accent. Totally put on I say. Can't stand either one of them, and will not be watching. The show is done. Stick a fork in it.

stoshvox

This American Idol season is dead meat. Jennifer Lopez..really?don't you have to have talent to judge talent..no wait, I forgot ..they had Paula Abdul...so I guess that's a wash. I guess they like "one hit wonders" to be judges.

Steve Tyler, drug problems?, should make for some interesting rambling.

They overlooked the best candidate who has already been a judge on a talent show...Little Richard, he was actually insightful and was hilarious with hos comments...Woooooooo!!!

lauren

I'm definitely not watching it with no Cowell.

tlynn

Maybe it is because no one is really interested in what either has to say, it won't be the first or last time! AI is done, had a good run for a while until they decided to replace Paula and then Simon! Let's see, your two biggest judges are gone, ratings are slipping and AI brings in Ellen? Now Tyler & Lopez? When is Randy jumping ship!!! This show has become a joke! Let's see how many of her illegal relatives are auditioning and how long before it moves to a illegals station!!

digital_one

People would watch even if they bring back from the dead Marcel Marceau!!! But Hoe Lopez and Diuretic Tyler, come on!

jeff

Tyler should have been on last year, and could have sung "Dude looks li9ke a lady" to Adam lampert

LORI

OKAY IN THE ABOVE PHOTO YOU ARE SAYING IT IS STEVEN TYLER, JENNIFER LOPEZ AND RANDY JACKSON???????

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? THAT IS DEFINATELY NOT J LO!!!!!!!

niles

An overrated diva, a drug-addled hasbeen rocker, and a boring no talent hack all together on a slowly sinking ship.

lisa

The show is starting on the wrong foot,it looks like. This is not good. Jlo, are you trying to jinx the show?

cezanne

Good God - I am already over this and the show with or without them - freaks on parade.

cindycb

Goodbye AI, I am done with this show. Cannot stand Jennifer Lopez. She should invest her 12 million well, it may have to last many years.

Robert

I'll be back in church next Sunday...prayers are answered!

mary

"Silence really is golden" in the video unveiling of Tyler and Lopez.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments