Bad Omen for

'American Idol'

9/22/2010 3:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It was the buildup of the summer ... "American Idol" unveiling its new panel of judges -- Steven Tyler, Jennifer Lopez and Randy Jackson.  Everyone was in place.  Except for the audio guy.

American Idol New Judges
Ryan Seacrest took the stage and the whole thing went down ... and no one heard a word.

Anyone superstitious?

0922_idol_no_audio_v2

Hep

Jinko wrote: "Or how about Jennifer. In "Anaconda" she spoke normally - no accent. When she's on t.v. she sounds like she is still living in the ghetto. What is with that? Accent, no accent. Totally put on I say."

It's called a-c-t-i-n-g. Actors change their accent all the time to match the role they have. Colin Farrell, Hugh Laurie, Simon Baker....they can change their accent at the drop of a hat, but that doesn't mean they don't use their real accents when they aren't filming.

Jackie

NOPE, I'm glad Nigel is back. But I think the spark is gone. No Simon or Paula no Ideal, there beating a dead horse. He is not god, he can't reinvent this show. I wish the hadn't fixed the audio. I'll be watching the X-Factor.

Kristee

I absolutely love Steven Tyler, have lusted after him for years. Couldn't dislike Jennifer Lopez any more, such a diva and comes across as spoiled and selfish. I'll watch just to see Steven, but not getting my hopes up.

Matt P

I watched it on Ryan Seacrest's website, i got the very end of JLO's little speech. thats the only audio. i heard.

Donn

TMZ! Make a correction. And NO one heard a word!

Notaparazzzi

What's up with the mime? I thought they were illegal.

Jennifer

The audio worked on eonline.com

sib

Am I the only one noticing the complete lack of coverage on here about Ashton Douch$bag's affair? Why the silence TMZ?? Surely you guys don't play favorites and only set out to trash those you don't like or agree with....right?????

ama

All I have to say is what were they thinking?! Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler. I'm done watching American Idol. Seriously, I'll never understand what they were thinking.

Criss

I'm so glad I never became a regular viewer of this show. That way it saves me alot of time being done with it. Does this officially make Steven Tyler no longer cool?

notsosad

epic fail. HeyHo, Tranny and Dawg.

patsy

I think when it all comes down to it..Idol will be a success. The naysayers will tune in due to curiosity....and it will all come together in the end & be a major hit....lets see if I'm right. Bet I am. Jlo & Tyler will give us some good entertaining moments...with the 'hey dawg' Randy..along w/Seacrest. Bitch now....but watch....everyone Will watch.

Isabel Leger

wow what a train wreck already...its an OMEN of how no one will be listening or watching that show!!!! only talent Jlo was able to pick was choosing her husband who at least HAS TALENT if nothing else...she should be home taking care of those fugly twins of hers!!!!! 12 million???REALLY????

Kimberly

#9....Ohhh yaaaa, it IS!!!

#15...yup, the lord does work in mysterious ways! LOL
The entire thing was presented like it was some major extravaganza, As though the entire planet had stopped breathing for just a bit to hear these pathetic excuses for planetary inhabitants speak. It makes me truly embarrassed to know that this stuff is being beamed out into space for all to see. The only saving grace is it went without sound. I loved J-lows over-the-top assurance that she "really is" a big fan of the show. Stated often. Too often hun. I haven't watched the show for a number of seasons now after the highlights show, I'm outta there...Today's "presentation" wasn't even as good as the worst on AI.

barbiemacs

I'm out and this will be the last season. Better bank that 12 mill J Lo. You have been out quite some time and everyone is sick of you.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments