Bad Omen for

'American Idol'

9/22/2010 3:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It was the buildup of the summer ... "American Idol" unveiling its new panel of judges -- Steven Tyler, Jennifer Lopez and Randy Jackson.  Everyone was in place.  Except for the audio guy.

American Idol New Judges
Ryan Seacrest took the stage and the whole thing went down ... and no one heard a word.

Anyone superstitious?

0922_idol_no_audio_v2

marge Stein

I want to know who in their right mind pays the salaries of the decision makers on American Idol.
As a former Idol fan, I have discussed the newly formed panel with dozens of people that all say
the same thing. Who cares about an elderly rock star and a singer whose only talent is in her rear.
Honestly folks, I think they threw away the baby with the bath water when Simon jumped ship and the others either followed suit or were fired. Randy is the only person left with any kind of musical knowledge, and he can't carry the show single handedly. It's time to bid the show a fond adieu and wait for next year for Simon's return.

Ryguyy

This show is going to tank really bad, they better have some big scandals to keep the ratings.

Jeep Fu

...And not a single f*** was given that day. If everyone turned off American Idol the average I.Q. of this nation would jump thirty points.

krys

eh, I'm still on the fence about the new and 'surprising' (notice the sarcasm?) changes. But the one thing I am happy about is they went back to the 3 judge format.

Mee

It won't be long, its been predicted.

She will jinx the show, judges & producers.

Nstrs

When Paula left I stopped watching. PLEASEEEE bring back Paula and Simon ASAP! This new situation is not going to work and the 12 million was a waste of good money!

Iams1968

Perfect judges would have been: Kelly Clarkson, Daughtry, Adam Lambert. They all have proven talent, are all proven favorites of the Idol audience, thay have a "been there, done that" experience, and they each appeal to a demographic under 50.

Two Cents.

Scooter

I will not watch this next season at all. Other than Randy, the other judges are just are a joke.

keight

Oh..... I can't wait for "Vote for the Worst" this year.

Alana

I never watch American Idol, but this season is THE GREATEST SEASON EVER, STEVEN TYLER!!!!!!!!! is on the show, I love Aerosmith! I am going to watch this season faithfully, oh yeah Jennifer Lopez on there too. mmmmmmm YAH! Steven Tyler!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Sorry JLo but there is no such thing as the "Next Michael Jackson"

Stacee

A lot of celebrities fake their accents. Angelina Jolie recently adopted an odd British-esque accent. Tyra Banks crawls out of her skin to try to sound ghetto. Ashley Greene tried to pull an Australian accent a couple of times. It's stupid and they do it to make themselves for "interesting".

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4