Oksana to Mel: Here's Why I Played the Tape

9/22/2010 7:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Oksana Grigorieva sent Mel Gibson a long email on March 30, 2010 about the tapes she secretly recorded -- and one of her lawyers tells TMZ the email proves Oksana did not try and extort the actor.

0922_mel_oksana_EX_TMZ_03a.

In the email Oksana tells Mel she played one of the secretly-recorded messages from February 18 to her lawyer.

Oksana says, "As far as the tapes go, I only played one to my lawyer, becouse on march 15 Michelle  proposed on ur behalf not a very generous gift for our daughter and there was nothing for me."

Oksana adds, "My lowers also told me that Tom Hansen [one of Mel's lawyers] said I wouldn get a penny ..."

Although that sounds like Oksana is trying to use the tape to squeeze money out of Mel, one of her current lawyers, Daniel Horowitz, tells TMZ Oksana was extremely reluctant to play her lawyer the tape but felt threatened by Mel's legal team.

Horowitz cites this portion of the email, "My lowyers warned me that ur lawyers are cabaple of false fabrication about me in the press, i.e., an unfit mother, a prostitute etc so u can have the baby and I get to go to my 'f...ing moth hole' as u told me.  I had no choice, after all of this I had to play one message to them."

And Oksana continues in her email to Mel, "The messages we r talking about I kept on my phone purely for u, to c how scared we were and for u to understand what this have done to us, how painful these words were, but hopeffuly, eventualy to help us.  That was the only reason."

Daniel Horowitz tells TMZ, "Oksana was legally entitled to play all of the tapes for her lawyers and most clients would have done so.  She was being supremely careful of Mel's privacy because she knew that even lawyers in Hollywood might lose track of the tapes and she didn't want to hurt him."

Horowitz continues, "This is the opposite of extortion.  It's someone in love who wants things to get better."

0708_gibson_fotter_550

azlee

I'll not be watching TMZ on TV or Live and knowing about Harvey's sex life. no no no no

Majestik

So, seriously, she said it wasn't about the money, it was to save her daughter's life. Hmmm, so...that part about the money for Lucia was not fair and nothing for her was to protect her daughter's life? Right.

Oxymoron, never open a school for Gold Diggers, you have no passing grades here.

Bubba

"And Oksana continues in her email to Mel, "The messages we r talking about I kept on my phone purely for u, to c how scared we were and for u to understand what this have done to us, how painful these words were, but hopeffuly, [b]eventualy to help us.[/b] That was the only reason."

Help us how? With a big pay day? This is pretty good evidence as well.

azlee

um guys, she is sending an email from her iphone, which is like texting.

Phreaky

Oh God enough already. This sh*t will never end. No one cares anyone.
Oskana is an evil, gold-digging wench.
The end.

azlee

tells, I thought it too that is why when she first was typing I said are you Ox. But you never know if what you perceive is the real thing either.

femonanon

Mel has always been sick in the head

Majestik

"The messages we are talking about?" okay, is that the recordings of his rants, if so, if they were on her phone for only him to see how did they get put onto a CD and sent to Radaronline.com

Zooma Zoom

I am confused here. Is it supposed to be HER PR? Right?

Than why do I feel more and more hatred toward her?
And feel sorry for Mel?
Don't give up Mel! Be strong!

Jail is her home!!!

diogenes

Yes J9, the line "and there was nothing for me" really caught me eye, too. Oksana's moto: Me, Myself, and I.

Curious

My goodness but Horowitz is truly on the offensive - in more ways than one.

He's going to keep releasing selected bits with his own little spin until the DA does whatever it will.

He's also providing a foundation for Trope to pursue a civil suit of battery if and when the time comes.

Now someone please explain to me what Miss Oksana meant by Immaculate Conception. A possible admission of improbable birth? LOL, Sweetheart will LOVE this!

Genna

@Curious

Thank you for that link…for some reason I couldn’t find it. =D

Mel’s version of the events were not reported by TMZ at all; his version fits what OG was saying in her e-mail, as well as Mel’s responses…it does not support that he punched her in the mouth.

There was a nuclear fight…and there id no definitive answer that Mel punched her in the mouth. Harvey is correct.

I posted before that did anyone notice that OG said in her Jan. 7 e-mail but she didn’t see Dr. Gordon until Jan. 8th.

Genna

@Curious

Oops...sorry...let me rephrase that last paragraph:

I posted before...did anyone notice that OG mentioned her concussion in her Jan. 7 e-mail but she didn’t see Dr. Gordon until Jan. 8th.

Posted at 3:37 PM on Sep 22, 2010 by Genna

Lemonade

Can this woman get any more despicable? Can't write a coherent sentance to save herself.

trivia

If you like celb trivia add me on my space