Oksana to Mel: Here's Why I Played the Tape

9/22/2010 7:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Oksana Grigorieva sent Mel Gibson a long email on March 30, 2010 about the tapes she secretly recorded -- and one of her lawyers tells TMZ the email proves Oksana did not try and extort the actor.

0922_mel_oksana_EX_TMZ_03a.

In the email Oksana tells Mel she played one of the secretly-recorded messages from February 18 to her lawyer.

Oksana says, "As far as the tapes go, I only played one to my lawyer, becouse on march 15 Michelle  proposed on ur behalf not a very generous gift for our daughter and there was nothing for me."

Oksana adds, "My lowers also told me that Tom Hansen [one of Mel's lawyers] said I wouldn get a penny ..."

Although that sounds like Oksana is trying to use the tape to squeeze money out of Mel, one of her current lawyers, Daniel Horowitz, tells TMZ Oksana was extremely reluctant to play her lawyer the tape but felt threatened by Mel's legal team.

Horowitz cites this portion of the email, "My lowyers warned me that ur lawyers are cabaple of false fabrication about me in the press, i.e., an unfit mother, a prostitute etc so u can have the baby and I get to go to my 'f...ing moth hole' as u told me.  I had no choice, after all of this I had to play one message to them."

And Oksana continues in her email to Mel, "The messages we r talking about I kept on my phone purely for u, to c how scared we were and for u to understand what this have done to us, how painful these words were, but hopeffuly, eventualy to help us.  That was the only reason."

Daniel Horowitz tells TMZ, "Oksana was legally entitled to play all of the tapes for her lawyers and most clients would have done so.  She was being supremely careful of Mel's privacy because she knew that even lawyers in Hollywood might lose track of the tapes and she didn't want to hurt him."

Horowitz continues, "This is the opposite of extortion.  It's someone in love who wants things to get better."

0708_gibson_fotter_550

Curious

I posted before that did anyone notice that OG said in her Jan. 7 e-mail but she didn’t see Dr. Gordon until Jan. 8th.

Posted at 3:37 PM on Sep 22, 2010 by Genna
------------------------------------------------
And Jan. 7 is when she saw the dentist who may have very well suggested she go the concussion route - even innocently.

I really don't want to down Dr. Shelden too much. I still think of him as a good heart, though idiotic, schnook that got caught up in Miss Oksana's whirlwind of ka-ka.

KM

Hi Team Mel....correct me if I am wrong but after reading that crap all I see her sayint is she kept the messages to show him how scared she was of his words....? No mention of punches or knocked out teeth....just his words?

Zooma Zoom

??????
Holly what?????

mordovian mother Mary????

Curious

Genna -

If you go to the top of the page, slide over "Videos", then click on TMZ Live - that should bring you to today's show. The opening of the first segment is the exchange between Mr. Harvey and Mike(?) concerning violence and context.

meowmeow

I can't believe all the comments against Oksana. Mel hit her and terrorized her. What is wrong with you people? Because he's rich and famous it's okay?

Genna

@Curious

Yes, but she stated in her e-mail on the 7th that she had a concussion. She didn't see Gordon until the 8th of January, and he didn't diagnose a concussion until he saw her, which was on the 8th...not the 7th.

Zooma Zoom

Immaculate Conception ??????
Holly what?????

mordovian mother Mary????

Tellthetruth59

Now someone please explain to me what Miss Oksana meant by Immaculate Conception. A possible admission of improbable birth? LOL, Sweetheart will LOVE this!

Posted at 3:37 PM on Sep 22, 2010 by Curious
------------------------------------------

She wrote immaculate interception (vs Conception). Apparently God was watching out for her and rerouted a text meant someone else (Robyn, Hanna?) to her and she discovered that Mel no longer wanted to be with her. Then she asked God for permission to send her respond text and He granted that permission. So it's obvious this woman is under God's care and He has cellphone number too.

I hope that makes things clearer lol!

K

51. No, its not alright, its her behaviour since

ScroogeMcDuck

Yeah, she was EXTREMELY careful of Mel's privacy... right up until she sold the tapes to Radar.
Dumb broad. Your PR teams isn't going to change people's minds. Your a gold digger because you act like a gold digger. The more tapes and letters you release, the more people are going to hate your dumb Russian ass.

Bubba

Hmm... she says in the email "they had a rear love"

I wonder if the word "rear" is really poor spelling? Or did they... well you know. lol

Jennifer

Who the hell is Oksana any way????

Kookabear

Horowitz is a good defense lawyer and does what lawyers do best - twist the facts to suit the client!

J9

"and there was nothing for me" That is the reason she played the tapes. I think its pretty clear. Gold digging POS.

JLS

We've heard him admit to hitting her on tape. Further, we have Mel admitting how extremely unstable he is in his OWN handwriting! And yet look at all these intelligence challenged posters!!!! I am amazed that you can put solid evidence right in front of people and they just won't look or acknowledge it.