Oksana to Mel: Here's Why I Played the Tape

9/22/2010 7:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Oksana Grigorieva sent Mel Gibson a long email on March 30, 2010 about the tapes she secretly recorded -- and one of her lawyers tells TMZ the email proves Oksana did not try and extort the actor.

0922_mel_oksana_EX_TMZ_03a.

In the email Oksana tells Mel she played one of the secretly-recorded messages from February 18 to her lawyer.

Oksana says, "As far as the tapes go, I only played one to my lawyer, becouse on march 15 Michelle  proposed on ur behalf not a very generous gift for our daughter and there was nothing for me."

Oksana adds, "My lowers also told me that Tom Hansen [one of Mel's lawyers] said I wouldn get a penny ..."

Although that sounds like Oksana is trying to use the tape to squeeze money out of Mel, one of her current lawyers, Daniel Horowitz, tells TMZ Oksana was extremely reluctant to play her lawyer the tape but felt threatened by Mel's legal team.

Horowitz cites this portion of the email, "My lowyers warned me that ur lawyers are cabaple of false fabrication about me in the press, i.e., an unfit mother, a prostitute etc so u can have the baby and I get to go to my 'f...ing moth hole' as u told me.  I had no choice, after all of this I had to play one message to them."

And Oksana continues in her email to Mel, "The messages we r talking about I kept on my phone purely for u, to c how scared we were and for u to understand what this have done to us, how painful these words were, but hopeffuly, eventualy to help us.  That was the only reason."

Daniel Horowitz tells TMZ, "Oksana was legally entitled to play all of the tapes for her lawyers and most clients would have done so.  She was being supremely careful of Mel's privacy because she knew that even lawyers in Hollywood might lose track of the tapes and she didn't want to hurt him."

Horowitz continues, "This is the opposite of extortion.  It's someone in love who wants things to get better."

0708_gibson_fotter_550

Bubba

@JLS "We've heard him admit to hitting her on tape"

No you haven't. You're assuming he was refering to hitting her. You have no idea what he was actually refering to and neither do I.

garnet

Immaculate Conception - her own? Like she was by herself and she got pregnant?

but I think she meant divine intervention - that the message got sent to her by mistake.

Oksana can be forgiven for making the mistake - conception and intervention both end in tion.

puddy

Wow is she trying to blame her original lawyers for the leaked tapes? I don't think they are going to like that much. If she pisses them off things can get pretty hot for her very fast.

Ariel

We've heard him admit to hitting her on tape. Further, we have Mel admitting how extremely unstable he is in his OWN handwriting! And yet look at all these intelligence challenged posters!!!! I am amazed that you can put solid evidence right in front of people and they just won't look or acknowledge it.

Posted at 3:47 PM on Sep 22, 2010 by JLS

JLS
He did not admit to hitting her. The only thing he said was that you deserve it. Deserve what??? The tapes was proven to be tapered with. What did he admit to? He could of been talking about anything. She was in control of the recording. She could of cut pieces of conversation and piece them together.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

I honestly haven't laughed so hard since the days back in July when we all played days of terror/nights of terror/afternoons of terror where, in the best gothick novel tradition -- the lady runs INTO trouble (of course in her beautiful diaphanous underwired nightgown)

AND NEVER CALLS THE POLICE?!?!?!

I am still laughing too hard -- 'my king' 'you are the best' 'our luv is tru' -- OMG

@ Curious -- okay, queenie, stop the sillies!

Tee hee

Posted at 3:51 PM on Sep 22, 2010 by middleagedcrazy

MAC! LOL! Bustin' me up! OH this is too much. So many posts to read and I don't want to miss any!

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

"Immaculate Conception - her own?"

garnet: THANKS! NOW I understand the 'rear love'. LOL!

txcn

Oksana says, "As far as the tapes go, I only played one to my lawyer, becouse on march 15 Michelle [who works for her then-lawyer, Eric George] proposed on ur behalf not a very generous gift for our daughter and there was nothing for me."

Yeah that would be the here's one and tell him I have more. If he wants them he needs to be a little more generous with the gift for our daughter oh and don't forget me.

And as her messages she kept to show how scared she was "U Dint Do Anything" about says it all. And even more telling is the continual lawyer shopping, she can't keep anyone on board. Your in pretty bad shape when a victim's advocate jumps ship.

Curious

@ Curious -- okay, queenie, stop the sillies!

Tee hee

Posted at 3:51 PM on Sep 22, 2010 by middleagedcrazy
------------------------------------------------------

Moi? Silly? You wound me my Empress! ahem.

garnet

"Immaculate Conception - her own?"

garnet: THANKS! NOW I understand the 'rear love'. LOL!

Posted at 3:57 PM on Sep 22, 2010 by Sam
__________________

and on that happy note, I can leave the computer laughing -
-back later, rats even the word back made me laugh

Shuffle Demon

Oksana says, "As far as the tapes go, I only played one to my lawyer, becouse on march 15 Michelle proposed on ur behalf not a very generous gift for our daughter and there was nothing for me."
---------------

Oh yeah sounds like she wasn't after money at all...nope..."there was nothing for me" well glad she cleared that up by! Good thing she isn't after money. And then she say's she has the recordings on her phone, well then how did they get leaked if only she had them, oh...I guess we know who is leaking all the e-mails and letters...You know since OxSanitys lawyer seems to know what he is exactly commenting on

Diane

From reading this it looks like Oksana was jealous of her "king" and apologized for her insecurities (stalking Robyn?). It was the attorneys she felt threatened by and not Mel. But she does thank God for his "immaculate interception." ROFL! What a phoney and a fraud she is. Oh and God gave her permission to send that text to Mel. So you know He is on her side.

Posted at 3:21 PM on Sep 22, 2010 by Tellthetruth59

I am trying to wrap my head around all this....damn she is a whipnut. I can't get over it.....does she have like a Red Phone to God or something that He gave her permission?

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

She spells like an eight year old.

Posted at 3:47 PM on Sep 22, 2010 by Derek

She's lived over 20 years in English speaking countries and she never once took an English class evidently. One would THINK a woman attached to a high profile man would WANT to make the best impression and do whatever that took, wouldn't you? Can't spell 'didn't' for gosh sakes!

vince

And I suppose emails are harder to doctor than audio tapes are. Message to Oksana - please keep trying to prove yourself to the public, because you most definitely are letting us know exactly what poor Mel had to put up with during the time he was with you.

KM

It's alot like the Bat Phone Batman has but it's the God Phone....

Megan

You gotta hand it to Oksi's PR team - this gets tackier by the day. $15 million not generous enough and nothing for her? It's not about you Oksi it's about the kid and $15 million is rather a generous sum for a 9 month old by anyone's standards. I know gold rattles don't come cheap but hey buy a pink one and paint it gold instead. I feel for this child and her older son, what sort of mother is she really to drag them into all this. The judge should order her tubes tied.