Katy Perry's Dress -- Too Hot for 'Sesame Street'

9/23/2010 6:46 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Katy Perry's costume -- and song -- have been yanked from "Sesame Street" ... after the show began receiving complaints like, "that was the most messed up thing iv [sic] ever seen."

092110_katy_video_2
Katy shot a segment for the show -- which was supposed to air on New Year's Eve -- in which she sings a cleaned-up version of her song, "Hot N Cold" with Elmo.

The song made its way to YouTube Monday and racked up nearly a million views.  But some parents started complaining her cleavage was too front and center.  We've learned producers have decided not to air the song on the show.

Fact is ... what looks like Katy's bare chest is actually covered in flesh-colored mesh that goes all the way to her neck.

0922_muppet_footer

Gwen's Wax Figure: Abs-olutely Perfect

Gwen Stefani flew into Las Vegas today for the unveiling of her new wax figure at Madame Tussaud's -- and attention to detail is uncanny ... especially in her stomach!

0923_gwen_welcome_launch
The No Doubt star's abs have always been sick -- and the six-pack on her double is just as impressive.

Check out the pics -- and see who else has been immortalized in wax!

Gisele & Ben: Playtime in the Park

Gisele Bunchen took her son with Tom Brady to the park in New York this weekend -- and it resulted in some of the cutest photos ever taken.

0921_welcome_gisele_launch
Forget about Vogue, W or GQ -- these are the supermodel's best shots!

David Hasselhoff Time Warp

While David Hasselhoff is facing off in this season's "Dancing with the Stars" -- take a trip down memory lane and watch his tantric talent grow as the years fly by!

0902_hasselhoff_launch_timewarp

Justin Bieber -- Sucking Face with His Opening Act

Justin Bieber was locked in a serious make-out session with the chick who stars in his "Baby" music video ... but the shocking part -- it all went down in the back of a Honda!!!  And TMZ has the photos.

0920_bieber_launch_EX_TMZ_01
The chick playing tonsil hockey with The Biebs is 16-year-old Jasmine Villegas -- who also happens to be the opening act on Bieber's concert tour.

The photos were taken on Thursday, September 9 in Venice, CA by some Canadian tourist who just happened to notice his country's most famous pop star in the midst of a make-out session with the luckiest teenage girl on the planet.

The two had been rumored to be dating ... but they insisted they were just "really cool friends."

Sorry to disappoint you, Chelsea Handler Rihanna Kathy Griffin Kim Kardashian America.

Courtney Cleans Up for Premiere

Shia LaBeouf, Michael Douglas, Josh Brolin, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Carey Mulligan all hit the red carpet -- but, surprisingly, Courtney Love was the one who really stood out at the "Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps" premiere.

0921_welcome_love_launch
Showing off her body and tattoos in a tight red dress, Love really glammed up for the event at the Ziegfeld Theatre last night in New York City -- where her makeup was also top notch.

Check out more shots of Courtney and everyone else at the premiere!

Katy Perry -- The Bachelorette's Bikini Party

Katy Perry strapped a wedding veil to her butt this weekend for one last fling as a single woman -- at a bikini bachelorette party in Vegas with Rihanna and a bunch of her friends.

0920_katy_launch

Our pals at Officialimage.com obtained a whole bunch of awesome photos of the singer lettin' loose at the pool at the Hard Rock Hotel.

Perry -- who was doin' some boozin' at the pool -- was clearly mentally prepared for the weekend ... dropping the following tweet before the weekend kicked off, "Signing up for a liver transplant now.”

Celebrity Scramble!

Can you guess whose beautiful famous face was given this nasty celebrity scramblin'?!

0916_scrambles_launch

What's the Big Frigin' Difference?!

Take a glance at these sneaky snapshots and see if you can spot the differences in the following photos!

0916_sneaky_peeper_launch
**HINT -- There are THREE differences in the above photo!**

Midge

Well then, we need to censor The Little Mermaid, and most of the Disney films -- the female characters are wearing low cut tops -- OMG -- get a grip people -- there is nothing wrong with that dress, but people have to complain about something.

e.k.

Oh give me a break and stop expecting tv to take care of your children, there is nothing immoral about this and only fanatic jesus freaks and holly homemaker moms are complaining. I promise you if you ask your kids 10 years down the road how did this episode effect them they wont even remember it or probably any episode of SS. Get of your high horses and stop trying to pass your little judgments on everyone you don't like if your child grows up to be a slut its because either you were a slut, you didn't raise them properly, or they were just born that way.

AwwwGimmmmeeeeeabreak

warren. . . .you definately need a dose of reality. And not from that half empty bottle next to your cardboard box. Grow up.

Sususuu

I'm glad they're pulling that Katy Perry/Elmo footage. I found it offensive and hypocritical. They took Bert and Ernie off because of the *homosexual implications*, even after those two characters had been on for years and were just like any other roommates who just so happened to both be male. If they're that worried about showing potential sexual stuff to kids, why would they show a young woman with a puppet child when the young woman is obviously wearing practically nothing? Sesame Street's producers need to start using their heads for something other than a hat.

michelle

Has any of these parents NOT watch the movie Elmo in Grouchland??? Vanessa Williams was showing so much MORE cleavage than Katy Perry and yet it is still being sold in stores. Seriously people... seriously... do these moms really have nothing better to do!?!

sam

WOW, I can't believe some of the ridiculous comments on here. No wonder the world laughs at us in America! Wish there was a reply box with each comment so i could laugh my ass off and pin point the people with absolutely no brains in here. The ones that think it's ok to show Perry like she was are either low life with no moral and have kids the same way, or they never watched the show, hence having no kids and don't understand how SS has been a learning and social tool for toddlers and youngsters forever. ...
And No. 59...lol Like to see you try to have kids and have them NOT watch Sesame Street! lol Another remark out the @ss of an idiot!

warren

Laura, I see that you commented to this "gimmeabreak" person, which was probably a waste of your time, but of course that was your choice it's just that usually you can't get through to a person like her, they refuse to be confused with any facts. Anyway, for anyone that doesn't see the moral dilemma we are in these days, it's only because they are just a damn fool. Yea we had wet t-shirt contest back in my day on spring break BUT it's moved from that to girls actually getting up on stage and fk'n some guy they've never met before a crowd of hundreds. I know I sound like a broken record to keep bringing up the fact that I cannot sit here for more than 30 sec's where I download music for my inter net stations and DJ work that girls don't start hitting on me to come see them on their website where they will masturbate for me. This is the product of the mother of today which actually started back in the 60's when women declared their sexual freedom, and the freedom of course was from morality. One thing about that "gimmeabreak" person is that her comments and her ideas and her support of people like Katy will surely come back to bite her in the ass, especially since she said she has a 17 and 18 year old. You and I may never know the details, but just know that a mother like her will surely suffer with those girls.

ricky

yall are a bunch of *****s. who cares if theres a little clevage. yall show clevage goin to the beach with your kids anyway. damn. besides its intended for young young kids who wont remember the damn thing in a year. bunch of yuppie mother ****ers

Izzy

I thought the song would have been cute for the show. However, the outfit wasn't really suitable for children. It just wasn't necessary, Katy and SS are smart enough to realize that. I'm not saying cover her head to toe let no skin show! Maybe she should have been in more of a 3/4 year old dress up clothes? Actually, I wish she HAD been cause then the episode would have been aired. I would have enjoyed it :]

David

Give me a break.... Katy Perry is fine and nothing in her attire or song or speach was out of line. Too many haters and jealous people out there. Only insecure people will say negative things about here. She is on top of her game and I wish her well. Beautiful voice, Beautiful lady.

Miss.Dancer101

Ok so what do u expect when u invite Katy Perry on? What do u think she's going to wear a turtle neck and jeans? Geeze maybe they should have thought about that before they asked her 2 be on.

Scp

Katy Perry is a no talent flash in the pan. Her long neck makes her look like a Sesame Street character, but I don't think she belongs on there. She is a loser. Miss Piggy has more talent and looks.

warren

listen you little fool "gimmeabreak", I get a dose of reality EVERYTIME one of your daughters, or the daughters of women like you pop up on my music program encouraging me to come watch them masturbate. My comment to them when they say, "hi sweetie, wanna see me naked, i have a lot of toys, come watch me masturbate", is, "do you realize what you're doing right now and that you are feeding some sick individual who since he cannot get to you is going to do harm to a relative, a neighbor, or even one of his own children?????" So far ALL except one have just disappeared, the one that did respond said, "thanks hore". Just wait "gimmeabreak", your time will come. It might be as dramatic and heart breaking as Natalie Holloway's mother, but anyone that supports immorality as you do will surely pay a price.

Stagesic

Ya know, I don't have kids so I really can't say if I feel that this would be appropriate for my kids or not, I really don't see anything wrong with that and I really don't see why SS should stay away from Katy, I believe that Ariel from the Little Mermaid had that much cleavage, and what about the Jonas Brothers selling sex by hiding it with "Purity Rings," or even that Disney owns one of the largest adult film companies in the USA. I remember watching all of that as a child and I wasn't thinking sex so I don't understand why kids today would be think that without the media and irrational parents making it an issue which is bringing to light to children that it is sexual.

laura

thank goodness moms do have time to write on blogs...vanessa williams might wear less cleavage than katy perry, but Elmo in Grouchland is a movie that you rent, it is not on sesame street during the morning or afternoon hours.....sesame street is on for kids to help learn about people, life, their letters, numbers, there is nothing wrong with it....a half hour of learning so mommys can take a break and kids can laugh and have fun.....come on...stop making more out of this...she needs more coverage...thats all we are saying....good for you good mommys...keep blogging and adding comments on here....we need to unite and stand strong for the well being of good children being raised....dont let these people bully you...you are doing the right thing by defending what is right for children....power to good mommys, daddys, grand parents, teachers and neighbors....stay strong!