Katherine Jackson: Who Can Live on $26K a Month?

9/23/2010 10:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Katherine Jackson can't make it on a $26,000-a-month allowance ... so she's asking for more.

0624_katherine_jackson_EX

TMZ found a judge's order filed yesterday in the Michael Jackson Estate case, in which the judge notes, "Counsel will give notice of proposed action re: adjustment to family allowance for the benefit of Katherine Jackson."

TMZ has already reported Katherine pulls in a temp allowance of $26,804 a month.

The document does not say how much more Katherine wants, but it's pretty ironic since she's making a lot of money on the side.

A Mexican

I'm not a big Michael Jackson fan, nor do I pretend to know anything about their lives. However, I would say that the money she is asking for was earned by him or his estate and I really do not see how that makes her such a bad person. She's not asking for something that belongs to someone else. I gather that Michael Jackson was very close to her and I doubt he'd say no...Man, you people can be vicious and cruel on here!
I'll never see that kind of money either, but whats the difference between singing and dancing to earn it or passing a football or hitting a ball with a bat?? They all earn unconceivable amounts of money. And the common person is the one that makes it that way by buying tickets, music, and so on...

A Mexican

I'll never see that kind of money either, but whats the difference between singing and dancing to earn it or passing a football or hitting a ball with a bat?? They all earn unconvievable amounts of money. And the common person is the one that makes it that way by buying tickets, music, and so on...

Rudy

This story makes me sad to think of how much financial pressure MJ was under to support his family on this level. It's also no wonder he had intimacy issues with women when you consider the female influences in this family: either whores or saints, they all create a lot of problems and cost a lot of money. Poor guy.

Melinda

Don't you mean Joe can't live on 26K A MONTH?

Love Michael for the Man that he is..

Think of all the things that Miss Katherine has to pay with that money each month. All the upkeep of that home. Maitenance, gardeners, maids, cooks, security, schooling for Blanket, schooling for Prince and Paris, groceries, utilities, on and on and on. It is her and Prince and Paris and Blankets money to use as she see's fit, Michael left it to them it is none of our business. Says right in the will she is allowed 20% and the kids 40% so how is asking for more money to take care of the kids being greedy, I don't get it.. They don't live like you and I do, the wealthy live a different life style..

thursday's child

I could understand why all the Jackson kids could hate this set of parents. They've done nothing but USE their children. Money was their only love.

neicey

I know this is off topic but it needs to be seen, MJ fishing well at least that's what he calls it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvcrIHXr03Q.

azlee

Wow. Finding logic in this is like trying to pick fly crap out of pepper.

If I was getting 20+ k per month, I'd be helping so many people out!

Posted at 6:44 PM on Sep 23, 2010 by de`pain

___________________

oh heavens that made me laugh and laugh. thanks!

Rudy

Love Michael for the Man that he is@107: That $26K is only for her expenses. The kids get $40K a month and the house, being an estate asset, is paid for through the estate. She only inherited 20% of the use of the estate proceeds, which is still in probate. This allowance was offered to support her and the kids until the debts are settled.

WDC

OK, that's it. The bit(h (razy! I thought they were talking about the Queen of England. What's her talent that she gets this kind of money?

iFart

Posted at 10:07 PM on Sep 23, 2010 by Rudy

________________________________________

Katherine inherited 40% of MJ's estate. He left his children 40% and the other 20% goes to charity. She's 80 years old...who knows how long the will will be in probate, could be years! I think they can cough up more than what she's getting now in the meantime.

natasha

So many rude comments, have some respect, if she's asking for the money it's for a reason. Some of you are jsut made that katherine as a succesful family and she gets in a month more than half of you all get in a year.

Superman

I bet Hell has a place reserved for their whole family.