Portia de Rossi --

Officially Portia DeGeneres

9/23/2010 4:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Portia de Rossi is no more ... at least in the name department ... because she's now officially known as Portia Lee James DeGeneres.

Portia DeGeneres name change.
TMZ has learned a judge granted Portia's name change petition today in L.A. County Superior Court. She and Ellen DeGeneres got married in 2008.

We know "Lee" was Portia's original middle name, but "James" seems to be an added name. Hey, if you're already filing the paperwork ... why not?

0809_ellen_footer

More Today in TMZ History

kp

when they break up she will be very rich and change her name back

blstheone

I still wonder which one is the man and how do they do it?

Awilda

Wow!! The USA don't cease to amaze me!!! I wonder where everyone, in this ride, will stand at the end? Will they wave their rainbow flag or hide in caves in the mountains? Just curious!!!

Craig

Lame. I wouldn't change my name for a man or a woman (or anything in between...or anything that used to be a man or a woman...or...)

Cartman

Officially creepy too.

elazteca

Finally, now we know Ellen is the man.

sbro73

Menage de ?

astrophysicist

How about:
"Portia Lee James DeGeneres Jingle Heimer Schmidt"
?

sHANZ

#18 - I hope someone farts ON your face.

stacie09

YaY!!!!!!

Mista Celebrity

Aw, isn't that cute! The DeGenitals are "married" and now they have the same last names just like normal people! They are trying so hard to play house together. Yep, that is love. All is well, except those times when they get those little voices in their heads saying "This just isn't right. It is not normal!" Not far off will be human/animal relationships. Grab the popcorn, the show has just begun.

durrr...

dang! it's like the last unicorns of lesbians!!! EXTINCTION IS NEIGH!!!!

CC

Portia can change "it's" name all "it" likes, they're still not officially married. And for that matter even if the legislature legalized h0m0 marriages they still won't technically be married because it's impossible to consumate a h0m0 relationship. Just a couple of deviant l e s b o s, who cares!

John

Leave Portia and take Rosie O'Donnell instead. Rosie also doubles as a floatation device! I actually do not care what she does . Take Lindsay Lohan and Heroin Eyes Ronson and all go home to your bed and make like worms for all we care!

Superman

I just now realized who Portia de Rossi is. She played on that comedy sitcom "Better Off Ted". I thought that show was very funny. It only lasted 2 seasons on ABC. Now, I can see why it was canceled.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments