Jermaine's Child Support Plea -- I'm Broke, No Joke

9/26/2010 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jermaine Jackson claims he can't afford to pay child support because his business is failing and his career is in the tank -- in fact, according to new legal docs, MJ's bro can barely make ends meet.

0924_jermaine_jackson_EX_TMZ_01
Jermaine just filed new child support papers in L.A. County Superior Court -- obtained by TMZ -- grousing that he's expected to pay $3,000 a month in child support for sons Jaafar and Jermajesty ... even though his average monthly income for the last year has been under $1,100.

Jermaine is asking the judge to slash support payment to $215 a month.

According to the docs, Jermaine made a onetime appearance on "Big Brother" back in 2007, raking in a handsome $450,000 for his troubles -- but since then, Jermaine claims his business has floundered.

Jermaine claims his baby mama Alejandra not only earns more than him ... but she gets a free ride along with his kids at the Jackson compound, thanks to Katherine's generosity. Katherine has asked Alejandra to move her family into a nearby Jackson condo but Alejandra has refused and Katherine won't put her foot down.

South Beach

This whole group is in for a shocker when Grandmother Jackson passes.

ElfBoy

These poor idiots have no clue what to do now that their meal ticket is dead.

oleman

such a loser....he should get a job! He feels so entitled

aston

If this is true, it's a complete disgrace. He's not making himself, his mother, his children, his wife or anyone else proud of him. If he's not sick, which doesn't seem to be the case since he has a gig soon, he should take any job!

He's driving a nice car, living in a nice house, and he claims he shouldn't have to pay properly BECAUSE HIS MOTHER TAKES CARE OF IT? She shouldn't have to do that.

When I had to, I took cleaning jobs, or in shops, anything, to support my children. I did NOT expect my parents to do it for me. And neither should this big baby.

This should be a private matter, but when someone is using his 80 year old mother and her inheritance from his dead brother, it's just going too far.

Alejandra should move out and Jermaine should get a job. The more we see of Jermaine, and compare him to his brother Michael who (before the allegations) was able to focus, work and use his talent - the more it's obvious who's not growing up here. It's impossible for Michael's fans to respect Jermaine, when he thinks he's too important to make an effort in any other field than music, when that doesn't work.

Clean up your act Jermaine, and to your wife: Kick his butt. Sauntering around being spoiled does not a genius make. Being someone's brother doesn't mean you have any right to his music or fame or money.

TMZ Staff

Joe Jackson an illiterate child abuser

I don't care how rich this family is...Not one of these dumb, lazy-ass, worthless, dunce-ass brothers or their dad could f**k me!

Raejean

I thought the moveout of Jermaine's kids had already taken place because of the taser incident with Blanket?

Jermaine might have to go out and actually get a job like a real man.

Raejean

#34 had an interesting if somewhat off-topic point: I do recall hearing early on that MJ hand-picked Murray-AEG didn't want him and MJ shoved the doc down their throat as a condition for the tour. The reason was Murray was amenable to doing things MJ's way as far as the meds were concerned.

I'm sure this will present itself again in any actions against Murray or AEG, so get ready to deal with MJ having chosen the instrument of his own demise in more ways than one.

angles

WELL YOU STILL HAVE YOUR NAME AND YOUR TALENT .LOOK PICK YOUR SELF UP AND START OVER AGAIN . LEAVE YOUR MOTHER ALONE TAKE YOUR KIDS OUT OF HER HOME .YOU AND ONLY YOU CAN MAKE CHANGES FOR YOUR SELF. RELIEING ON OTHERS IS NOT GOOD FOR YOU AS A MAN I THINK YOU ARE A MANIC DEPRESANT GET CHECKED OUT.

karlew

Jermajesty???????????? Really????????????? Jermajesty?????????? How can you do that to a kid? Shows exactly what kind of world thse Jackson's live in.

sweet

This family had it all. They lost it all because of stupidity and a lavish lifestyle and I do not feel sorry for them at all. They all need to realize that they are going to have to get a regular job like their father had or maybe 2 jobs like I do to try to make ends meet. Sorry Jacksons no pity from me.

here-we-go-again

I won't pay, I won't pay ya, no way
na-na, Why don't you get a job?
Say no way, say no way ya, no way
na-na, why don't you get a job?

Horndog

$450k for a single appearance on "Big Brother"? Seriously? Did some of that cash go to hair care products?

MiMi

What about the concert that Jerm is supposed to be doing in Vegas next month?

Or did that get cancelled?

He needs to sell off some of those fancy cars he has and downgrade a few other things so he can support his children.

lowens1975

How about getting a real job instead of trying to live off your deceased brother's estate?