Jermaine's Child Support Plea -- I'm Broke, No Joke

9/26/2010 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jermaine Jackson claims he can't afford to pay child support because his business is failing and his career is in the tank -- in fact, according to new legal docs, MJ's bro can barely make ends meet.

0924_jermaine_jackson_EX_TMZ_01
Jermaine just filed new child support papers in L.A. County Superior Court -- obtained by TMZ -- grousing that he's expected to pay $3,000 a month in child support for sons Jaafar and Jermajesty ... even though his average monthly income for the last year has been under $1,100.

Jermaine is asking the judge to slash support payment to $215 a month.

According to the docs, Jermaine made a onetime appearance on "Big Brother" back in 2007, raking in a handsome $450,000 for his troubles -- but since then, Jermaine claims his business has floundered.

Jermaine claims his baby mama Alejandra not only earns more than him ... but she gets a free ride along with his kids at the Jackson compound, thanks to Katherine's generosity. Katherine has asked Alejandra to move her family into a nearby Jackson condo but Alejandra has refused and Katherine won't put her foot down.

Chic

I read the Jacksons maybe going on tour with Cirque show for
Michael in 2011 and then the permanent show will be in Vegas
2012. I hope so. Jermaine is talented and his brothers and sisters also. They are The Royal Family Of Pop. I believe the burden will be lifted. I pray for the Jackson Family often.

Becky

I can't believe what I am reading, Jermaine already has EIGHT kids, and you say that his current wife Halima is pregnant with twins!!!! I didn't know that. Well Jermaine are you going to send them to live with Grandma at Encino too?
Is there any wonder that on the other board, that Katherine is asking for more money than 26K a month.
You really make me angry, you are always claiming to be broke, yet look at the cars you drive around in! In July, you and your wife did an interview for Hello magazine here in England, the pictures of your beautiful hilltop Los Angeles mansion were absoloutely stunning.
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT YOUR DEFINITION OF BROKE ACTUALLY MEANS????
If I say I am broke, then that is exactly what it means, I don't have diddly squat. I wouldn't say it if I had a few million tucked away in my bank account.
Jaafar & Jermajesty live with your 80 year old mother because you told the judge that you couldn't afford to pay for child support for them. So, the court ruled that they, along with your ex-wife Alejandra should live at Encino rent free.
Just what are you going to do once your new twins are born?
You can't even look after the kids that you already have.
GO GET YOURSELF A PROPER JOB, STOP RELYING ON YOUR DEAD BROTHER'S MONEY TO GET BY.
Halima, you have my every sympathy, God help you when those twins are born. If anyone says that's a bit harsh, then yes it was meant to be. Jermaine you are disgusting.
Posted at 3:46 AM on Sep 26, 2010 by Jane (England)
____________________________________________________

Totally agree with the above post, Harsh but true!

sweetcancer

Katherine has raised her children and she should be enjoying her time with her grandchildren not supporting them, its time the babies mamma gets a home of her own and take care of those children she produced with two brothers...I have no respect for her with having two babies with 1 bro then two with the other she should be ashamed of herself...i would have threw her behind to curb along time ago, but i do feel for the kids they didnt ask for their uncle to be their bro's daddy...WOW...Katherine needs some piece in her life so she can focus on MJ's children! God Bless those little ones! I can see why MJ didnt want to deal with his family!

E

What career?? He and Britney should get together for a duo. The NO TALENTS.

mymjj5

Just like most of those people....always wanting a free ride and never wanting to work. Is anyone surprised?
Posted at 9:08 AM on Sep 26, 2010 by pam
________________________________________________________________
Why do people say the Jacksons don't work or don't want to work?
J5,the Jacksons, Tours, TV shows, other appearances....also known as WORK!

sue

it is truly a sad day when a man cant take care of his children!!!! sue from tampa-- have a great day everyone!!

SNAFU

How can Jermaine be broke? Doesn't he get a fat royalty check every month for his Jackson 5 music?

Posted at 2:51 AM on Sep 26, 2010 by James

Who buys their music anymore? Surely not todays kids.

mymjj5

Who buys their music anymore? Surely not todays kids.
Posted at 10:28 AM on Sep 26, 2010 by SNAFU
______________________________________________________________
Today's kids don't have a lot of choices when it comes to music. All they have is primarily a bunch of studio generated noise from wannabe celebrities who come and go like clockwork.

mymjj5

Posted at 9:08 AM on Sep 26, 2010 by pam
_______________________________________________________________
Liz Taylor, Liza Minneli, and Jane Fonda no longer have Michael Jackson's spotlight to shine on them. How were these ladies supporting themselves over the last 10-20 years? Especially Liz and Liza....What is the name of their last movie or any real job in the last 10-15 years in which they actually earned a pay check?

DANA

the whole family is a wacko job
his wife has been enough of a whore to sleep with both him his brother Randy and got kids tfrom both
disgusting pigs

J

'Jermajesty'?

Susan

Go get a real job!!!! Michael's support is done.

squigs

It is NOOOO wonder that MJ kept his distance from these fools and moochers. People like to attribute that to him being some weird recluse but seems he had his head screwed on straight when it came to his family.

Googie

Yo mama is trying to get mo money from the cash cow's estate. You never have made money on your own except when you were part of Jackson 5. Get a job frying fries.

Cherubim

TMZ try to get some updated court do***ents.
I think these paperes are old.
I think Jermaine was ordered to resume child payments
and its back up to near $3,000/month.
Also, please check; because I think Alejandra
and her kids have moved out.