Lindsay's Friend

Makes Plea to the Judge

9/24/2010 10:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

One of Lindsay Lohan's close friends -- and a co-star in the movie "Machete" -- has written a letter to Judge Elden Fox ... pleading with him to spare Lindsay from jail time.

Lindsay Lohan friend.
TMZ has obtained a letter Electra Avellan wrote for the judge. We're told Electra wrote the letter with a few other friends -- and she's trying to get the letter to Judge Fox before this morning's hearing. It reads:

Dear Judge Fox,

I am writing you in regards to Lindsay Lohan. I have had the pleasure to get to know her very well and have endured the past year with her through her highs and lows. I am desperate to get this message to you. She is working really hard to be better and has done everything possible to stay healthy and clean. We (family members and loving friends) have separated her from anyone who can harm her or deviate her from her goals which are to be a model citizen. She is aware of her impact in this world and wants to rise from this. A few days ago she had a very low moment and made a mistake that has her so terrified it is breaking my heart. I am truly concerned for her well being.

I do not intend to tell you what to do, but as a model citizen to another, I must beg you to please not send her to jail. Jail brought her down, and created so many insecurities and anxiety that we are now fighting to strip from her. She is not going to make this mistake again. She is building herself back up every second and jail will only set her back.

Please Judge Fox look at Lindsay and know that she is a woman who is struggling to get her life back on track, maybe as a day patient and a lot of wonderful community service we can have her pay back the mistake. I also think that community service can show her a different human dimension and allow her to count her blessings more often. I want to see her succeed and shine again. Please help her do it. She wants to get away from this madness. She needs help.

Electra Avellan

sharon

Hey Jeffro11 :)

Posted at 8:30 AM on Sep 24, 2010 by sharon
-------------
Hey Sharon! Quite a circus here, huh?

Posted at 8:39 AM on Sep 24, 2010 by Jeffro11
***************************************************************

Yep ! So wish they had cameras in the courtroom. I'm thinking of moving out there so i can do wahtever the hell i want and get away with it, LOL

Pauly Wee

What's laughable is her constant denial. I being an ex-addict myself know you have to get honest with yourself before ANY change can be made. Unfortunately, one has to hit rock bottom, and rock bottom is different for every person. Apparently jail was not her rock bottom or she would have tested clean. I truly hope her rock bottom is not DEATH.
HERE's what probably happened:
Maybe she borrowed Paris Hilton's purse and she thought she was taking gum and it turned out to be cocaine?!? LOL

Chris

**Posted at 8:25 AM on Sep 24, 2010 by L**

I think this "L" person has got to be Electra or Dina Lohan. Both are enabling idiots.

truth

She is building herself back up every second and jail will only set her back.

JAIL MEANS NO COKE FOR THE COKE HEAD...
LOCK HER ARSE UP NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!

Jo

She is a spoiled little princess and a drug addict. She needs to be back in the hospital. going to jail was a joke.

cmk

Sounds like another enabler to me.

Alexis

She posted this on her twitter yesterday

"Praying for tomorrow to be a day of compassion and understanding. I love you @LindsayLohan"

Maybe you should be praying liho's drug dealer gets shot so he can't keep supplying her with coke. I mean, obviously liho is doing everything she can to stay clean so it must be the drug dealer's fault, right???

Zanne

TMZ's employee/lawyers should comment on this. I believe it's ex parte communication, which simply is not permitted. And the opinion of a fellow actor is less than worthless!

Caleigh

"Jail brought her down, and created so many insecurities and anxiety that we are now fighting to strip from her" jail created them, no she created them, she is a actress, she can do anything or so she thinks, Throw her ass in jail!!

janet

LL's talent is over hyped by her PR. Her friends like her because she probally pays for the parting and drugs for her so called friends.

She needs to have her ass sent to jail and then to rehab. LL likes girls so that won't be a problem.

Yeah, I said it.

Dear Electra,

STFU.

You and your slut sister couldn't act your way out of a paper bag. The only reason you are in movies is because your uncle (by marriage) is Robert Rodriguez.

Bubbles

Wow. I'm hoping this is a joke. This letter is ridiculous and laughable.

Trent

The judge should wipe his A@$ with that letter!

Sylvia Mastandrea

LL should be sent back to rehab. She never should have been allowed to leave after 30 days. After rehab, she may need a half way house.
If LL were serious about her recovery, she would not be going out to bars. That's a big "NO NO".
I wish her well. I would hate to hear that she died from an OD like
Anna Nicole Smith or Michael Jackson.

A

Please, people should not be making fun of her friend. She's doing what she thinks is best.

If i was Lindsays friend, I would hope I would write a letter saying "please put Lindsay in for a year."
i know that some people will probably never change, but she needs a different program!