Lindsay Lohan's Lawyer

Files Appeal

9/24/2010 8:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned ... Lindsay Lohan's lawyer, Shawn Chapman Holley, has just filed legal papers appealing Judge Elden Fox's ruling that Lindsay should be held without bail.

Lindsay Lohan Jail Appeal
Holley claims the judge must grant bail in such a case -- and is asking Judge Patricia Schnegg, Assistant Supervising Judge for the L.A. County Criminal Courts, to vacate Fox's ruling.

Unless the ruling is overturned, Lindsay could spend the next month in jail ... waiting for the next hearing.

Story developing ...

Joao

Lindsey's lawyer wouldn't earn her keep if she didn't contest something.This circus with Lindsy, her attorney, the court, her f'ed up parents. Girlfriend, do the time and be done with it, you know they're only going to make her do three days max before your attorney pulls one of those Hollywood court psychiatrist out from her her back pocket diagnosis you with some neurosis or psychosis that will not allow her to be confined to the average wo/man cell... after, she's a movie star [I've never seen one picture of hers-but who's counting]. There are way too many [poor/minority] folks in jail and prison who haven't pull have the stunts she has and I don't see the court accommodating them... you have to make an example of somebody, why not the ones who can't afford to hire decent attorneys. Trust me, Lindsey and her on again/off again attorney will cut a deal as usual. They've made a joke of the California judicial system.

Didn't I read somewhere on TMZ that Lindsey ALLERGICALLY said that she was ready to confront the consequences, or was that her PR machine testing the waters.

Ashley

what a dis-service to her. As much as her dad is a joke he is right about her attorney.

Posted at 4:05 PM on Sep 24, 2010 by deeds

**************
I agree with this post. Her attorney seems to be just as bad as all the other enablers around her. She needs to sit in jail and to know there ARE consequences to her actions.

Carvey

ALLERGICALLY? Yeah, actually that does sound like something TMZ would say.

KeepItSimple

Skank as in Lindsay...not her lawyer.

thomas

So she failed a drug test for cocaine, and has also been seen driving around in her car as well. People will scream at the judge for tossing her in the clink, but what if the judge lets her go and she goes on another binge and drives off in her car and kills several people while she is high?

Alan Carver

23. Shut up, Nicole. Your ongoing cyber-advocacy of this lawless oompa-loompa is beyond pathetic.

Posted at 4:13 PM on Sep 24, 2010 by Carvey

--------------------------------------------------------------

@#23 - THANK YOU! I laughed so hard - I think I pee'd a little bit! LOL! That was hilarious!

charles

Does anyone know who is supplying the drugs.

Carvey

Posted at 5:00 PM on Sep 24, 2010 by thomas

----

Then we will see Nicole posting here about how it was the pedestrian's fault and Lindsay will be tweeting about how she was set up.

jwoolman

We don't really know who is pushing for bail - might not actually be Lindsay, but rather her dipstick mother. I think Lindsay understood clearly that if she failed a test, she would be put in jail. She took that risk deliberately. Maybe she even wants time in jail by now - away from everything else, might be quite relaxing for her in a private cell, no hangers on or paps or toxic family to worry about, no temptations.

The lawyer, however, just wants to keep spending billable hours wasting Lindsay's money.... Lots of people choose to stay in jail rather than pay the money for bail even if bail is granted, and they don't even have high-power lawyers to waste even more of the $$$$$.

Carvey

Posted at 4:13 PM on Sep 24, 2010 by Carvey

--------------------------------------------------------------

Posted at 5:01 PM on Sep 24, 2010 by Alan Carver

---------

Glad I made you laugh. Sorry I made you pee.

mike

I'm not a Lohan fan & think she deserves what she gets, but the penalty does seem a bit harsh. I would think no bail would be for more serious offenders like murder or rape suspects. I think the judge might be making an example out of her because of her celebrity status. Either case, no one's fault but her own.

janet

You sure as hell can't blame her lawyer. Noway Lohan was not advised of what could happen. Look at Lohans attitude. I'm Lindsay Lohan, I can do anything I want and as my lawyer you get me out of it that's what I pay you for...garbarge.

Marie

Anyone knows about a good "death pool"? I need money and I know who will help me make it...

chinee

Lindsay Lohan does not need jail, she needs help. She needs to be in a facility where she can deal with the disease of drug addition. Jails are not equipped to rehabilitate anyone. Help Lindsay get her life back.

lori

I bet Dina wishes she would not have fired the first judge. She always set bail.