Lindsay Lohan Chooses Rehab

9/26/2010 5:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Lindsay Lohan is about to re-enter rehab ... and it's her decision.

0925_lindsay_Lohan_TMZ_EX3
Sources with direct and specific knowledge of the situation tell TMZ Lindsay will enter a live-in facility outside of Los Angeles within days. Lindsay is now agonizingly aware she has an addiction problem and also acknowledges the reality -- addicts often backslide before they get better.

We're told Lindsay is telling people she doesn't want this type of life anymore. She says she wants to get better and wants to do whatever it takes at this point ... irrespective of what Judge Elden Fox does to her.

Kevin

Most of these posts have it exactly right ... she is playing to the judge, and I'm amazed that you rocket scientists at TMZ are running this headline!!

panthergirl89

When Lindsay goes to court on Oct 22nd all the judge will do is give her 30 days in jail, she will be out within hours. I'm giving Lindsay the benefit of the doubt, I believe her and the decision is hers which is even better. Why don't we all take a step back and give this girl time to breathe, give her the time she needs and lets hope the paps keep away, she needs privacy.

Posted at 11:23 AM on Sep 26, 2010 by susan

Susan, do you honestly think that is what Lindsay and Dina want? No paps?Privacy? They are ****ing delusional and think any press = money. Grifters!

InTheKnow

"Gary Stromberg, author of "Harder They Fall: Celebrities Tell Their Real-Life Stories of Addiction and Recovery," told ABC News, "With creative people in general, I think there is more of a tendency to gravitate toward substance abuse.

"Creative people push the envelope, and there's no net," he said. "They live on the edge and that's risky. They live in a world surrounded by people who adore them and enable them. No one telling them no. ... They live privileged lives and they don't play by the same rules as the rest of the world...They are crying out for someone to say no to them."
------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure I'd call Lohan "creative". And I certainly don't know if I believe she's crying out for someone to say "no" to her. (Sure doesn't look like it....) Maybe more like looking for an attorney who could get her out of everything with no consequences.....

Still, interesting piece of an article.

KristinaLA

I don't believe that. It's probably another well-crafted lie of hers. If she does get legitimate help and turns her life around, I'll believe it when I see it.

Ernie

You still don't get it. JAIL and PRISON is a piece of cake. It is the easy road. Beleive me.... I know thousands who are doing time... and just sit, play basketball, lift weights, lay on their bunk day and night.... and not offered one program... except maybe the chapel. JAIL IS EASY!!!!

Siana

Passing around on FB:
Lindsey Lohan, 24, is all over the news because she's a celebrity drug addict. While Justin Allen 23, Brett Linley 29, Matthew Weikert 29, Justus Bartett 27, Dave Santos 21, Chase Stanley 21, Jesse Reed 26, Matthew Johnson 21, Zachary Fisher 24, Brandon King 23, Christopher Goeke 23, ...and Sheldon Tate 27 are all Marines that... gave their live.........s this week, no media mention. Honor THEM by reposting.

Joe Blow

Here's hoping she actually sticks with it this time and doesn't bail out within a few days. Don't really think that's going to happen, though.

Ernie

to Seriously? #91. Not all of them are failures.... Faith based boasts upwards of 86% success ratio. Therefore, if she goes that route she has a good chance of making it. The four secular ones she went to only got her where she is today. Nowhere. Faith-based works. Do some research.....

Paul Marco

I hope Lindsay Lohan gets chronic diarrhea and it never goes away!

Ernie

Going to jail chances no one. All it takes away is your freedom. Why do you think over 85% of the inmates released from California jails and prison wind up going back within the first year? You wanna see some pain. Try a faith-based program for 12 months. Not that, my friends is not easy.

John Stone

Yeah, I don't buy it either.

Ernie

John, what it there to buy? Do you really think she is going to kid anyone? She is caught in a web .... and that is a good thing right now because it is basically saving her life. She will know it in due time ... right now she's trapped. Good!

Ryguyy

She needs to go to rehab, who else will provide for Dina and Ali???????????????

DW Wood

wheres the poll on whether or not we believe she is going as a real attempt to get better or not.....or simply trying minimize the chance of going to jail for violating parole.

earmenow55