George Lopez Divorcing

9/27/2010 3:36 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

George Lopez and his wife, Ann, are getting a divorce, TMZ has learned.

George Lopez Divorce

Sources say George and Ann have been working out details of the split "for a long time," but they've both made the decision to end the marriage.

The couple has been married for 17 years.  They have a 14-year-old daughter, and we're told they both want to keep the divorce amicable for the sake of their kid.

UPDATE:  A rep for George and Ann tells TMZ, "George and Ann Lopez have made the decision to end their 17 year marriage.  The decision is amicable and by mutual agreement.  They remain dedicated parents, and committed partners in business and their philanthropic organization, The Lopez Foundation."

0709_split_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

Nice

For anyone cutting down George Lopez's wife... "SHE " supported him and struggled to provide for him and their family while he pursued his dream to become who he is today. The ex-Mrs. Lopez deserves more respect than childish name calling !

Jonny

I believe it, he’s not funny and he never will be, his stand-up is so overrated and his acting…sub-par at best, seriously just the commercial for Beverly Hills Chihuahua made my eyes bleed, and now they’re making a sequel to this travesty of a movie. Which all leads me to believe his wife didn't “put out”, and that my friends is why I believe this talentless, vacuous, sorry-excuse-for-a-comedian is a complete ‘tute man, so the only way he’s going to get his speedy gonzolas across the southern border is with a petty fee to histories oldest profession.

TW

And he called Kirstie a pig? He's the pig. He should give the kidney back. I love you Kirstie!! I hope Ann finds a good man.

Marcela

George Lopez is a schmuck...and a very unattractive one at that! How he has managed to wrangle a career is beyond me, because he is not funny. I would say that he may have "slept his way to the top", but who would sleep with that? He needs to go back to "the hood" :)

Marcela

George is not funny, nor attractive. I have yet to figure out how he has stayed on television for so long. It can't be that he "slept his way to the top" because he is so scary looking. If the claims that he has slept with prostitutes are true, I hope the prostitutes were provided blindfolds so they did not have to look at him...he is a schmuck! Next please!

Dalia

George and Ann wanted the divorce for a long time..But they are still very good friends..

Previous 15 Comments | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21