Oksana's Former Lawyer: Back Off!

9/30/2010 7:33 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The lawyer who scored Oksana Grigorieva a $15 million parting deal with Mel Gibson has fired off a letter to one of Oksana's current lawyers, telling him to stop talking trash about him ... or else.

092910_george_horowitz_doc_ex

Eric George
sent a letter to Dan Horowitz Tuesday -- a copy of which Horowitz gave to TMZ -- in which George mentions Horowitz's "veritable media blitz you recently initiated ..."

George takes issue with Horowitz's statement that Oksana signed the mediation agreement "because she was threatened and told she would go to jail, be deported and lose immediate possession of her children."  George says there was "never any threat or comment of any such nature ever discussed ..."

And George is ticked at Horowitz's comment that the mediation is "morally ambiguous."

George tells Horowitz to "cease and desist" with the false statements.

Here's what's really interesting -- George mentions ... by talking about the mediation, he could be blowing up the attorney-client privilege for Oksana, which could really be interesting if George is allowed to tell the whole story.

For his part, Horowitz sent George a conciliatory email saying, "Nothing negative intended toward you.  Hope to work together and resolve existing differences."

Previous 15 Comments | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35

V

IA -

Mr. Mel only has to pay for Miss Oksana's family court lawyer. He was ordered to pay $250,000 to keep the family court "playing field" even.

He's in no way responsible for her criminal defense lawyers or PR team.

Posted at 6:51 PM on Sep 30, 2010 by Curious
----------------------------------------------------

Curious,

Understand that is what we all thought.

BUT - didn't Mr. Trope slip one through the backdoor if Judge GORDON raised "child support" to $20,000 a MONTH because Oksana has Public Relations People AND ATTORNEYS (that would be Ms. ABC, SPertus...) to pay?

She hasn't hired a SINGLE attorney until Mr. TROPE who is supposedly only working on her FAMILY COURT CASE. All of the debt she has incurred are for Public Relations and criminal attorneys regarding possible criminal case aren't they?

I don't see how we can hold fast to that benchmark anymore.

Unless TMZ or someone clarifies matters and says Judge Gordon did not approve any of Lucia's maintenance and support contributions to be used by Oksana for her attorneys. Beter yet, if the Judge said that any and all legal bills had to be submitted and evaluated by the COURT.

That is how it works in my neck of the woods.

I truly don't know what is going on out there in CA!

Lawphi

Most ethics laws waive privilege if malpractice is alleged, but I believe that is only for bar/court proceedings.

I also would think oskana would sign an agreement allowing the attorneys to communicate regarding the file transfer and proceedings when she hired a new firm.

kickaboo

I wonder if Eric George and his firm watched the TMZ live with Horowitz and Harvey. In that, he pretty much calls them criminals, extorting Oksana. He trashed our legal system and all lawyers and judges in California, besides fingering the Georges for crimes. I could not BELIEVE it! Posted at 9:41 AM on Oct 1, 2010 by Frieda

I hope to hell that Eric George watched TMZ live when Horowitz was talking about the Judges and Lawyers involved in Oksana's mediation, all of them were accused of illegal practices and misconduct. Shame on Horowitz! He even accused the FBI of ill doings. Any lawyer associating with Oksana anymore deserves what they get.

KWM

This fits OG's MO perfectly. After reading the transcripts of the Larry king interview, I can’t believe that OG and Garbus had no clue just how incredibly bizarre OG sounded about Feb. 18th:

I know you will kill me tonight but I still record you for hours so mother will know who killed me. I am also making these recordings for you. I threaten, taunt and insult you to make you angrier…so you can be a better person. I only record certain conversations so I can use what I want…for you. I talk over you and interrupt you… so you can finally hear yourself. I say things I want others to hear but that you don’t understand…so I can help you.

Even though I know you will kill me tonight, this is all for you…for you to finally take responsibility, and for mother to know. I am terrified but won’t call police because I want to protect you. I don’t care if you hurt the children when you kill me, because mother will know who did this too. I am doing this for you. If I live, I will play a few conversations for you, but will give them all to my lowers if you don’t give me the money I want. Then the whole world will know.

I am tired now and am going to bed. I will pull the batteries out of my phones because I need sleep. I know this is hard, but I don’t know how to turn the off the phones. I can record with IPhone but can’t turn this off either. I will keep my cell phone near the bed, but I know you have a key. If you come over, use the baseball bat because the noise from the Glock will only wake the neighbors.

(Pass the popcorn.)

Posted at 1:55 AM on Nov 20, 2010 by Genna

================================================================

My thoughts exactly.

Heather

Horowitz has a client with expensive taste and no job. The more fame he can generate for her, the more TV offers come rolling in. He's insuring he gets paid by trying the case in the public eye. Even if the public sees her as the world's biggest skank, TV offers will still pay to offer their viewer's a front row seat to the freak show.

Previous 15 Comments | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35