Oksana's Former Lawyer: Back Off!

9/30/2010 7:33 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The lawyer who scored Oksana Grigorieva a $15 million parting deal with Mel Gibson has fired off a letter to one of Oksana's current lawyers, telling him to stop talking trash about him ... or else.

092910_george_horowitz_doc_ex

Eric George
sent a letter to Dan Horowitz Tuesday -- a copy of which Horowitz gave to TMZ -- in which George mentions Horowitz's "veritable media blitz you recently initiated ..."

George takes issue with Horowitz's statement that Oksana signed the mediation agreement "because she was threatened and told she would go to jail, be deported and lose immediate possession of her children."  George says there was "never any threat or comment of any such nature ever discussed ..."

And George is ticked at Horowitz's comment that the mediation is "morally ambiguous."

George tells Horowitz to "cease and desist" with the false statements.

Here's what's really interesting -- George mentions ... by talking about the mediation, he could be blowing up the attorney-client privilege for Oksana, which could really be interesting if George is allowed to tell the whole story.

For his part, Horowitz sent George a conciliatory email saying, "Nothing negative intended toward you.  Hope to work together and resolve existing differences."

kali

Does Oxsana have US residency?

Genna

Am I the only cynic here? Is it clouding my judgement because I don't believe for ONE SECOND that EG's office didn't inform him about what was going on with DH during that loooooooooooog vacation that prevented him from being interviewed by LE. Like I said - theater. I don't think EG gives a rats azz about Gibson or how long The Demonic Chipmunk gets to carry out her public relations campaign against him. I think they are both BS artists that want to see Mel go down.

Someone set me straight... maybe I need a long European vacation.

Posted at 4:28 PM on Sep 30, 2010 by Tellthetruth59

----------------------------------------

For a second, I thought so too. But I think George is also firing a warning shot, like: You are opening up Pandora's Box. May sure your clients is leveling with you, because you have now given me permission to speak about what actually happened on several issues to the appropriate authorities, if asked. This is MY reputation too.

fuddyduddy

PS. Do you replay that TMZ Live bit about Mr. Harvey on the phone with Attorney Arons, too? Wheee, I love it.

Posted at 4:20 PM on Sep 30, 2010 by Curious
_______________________________________________________________

I don't normally watch TMZ Live, but I was SO glad that I did that day! I had such a good laugh!!!

And Aron was right...it changes EVERYTHING!

Genna

Hey Koala!

azlee

genna, that is what my take on what he was implying too.

KoalaBabe

3 months old baby needed chiropractor? this woman is totally nuts.
Instead of taking the baby to pediatrician she took her to chiropractor? No words from chiropractor to substantiated this claim yet!

fuddyduddy

Okay...got it right there--on the OG bit--he is stating that OG did not seek any legal processes and vigorously resisted doing that prior to her retaining him and AFTER retaining him.

Posted at 4:41 PM on Sep 30, 2010 by fuddyduddy
---------------------------------------------------------

Right, that's what I got. And that's what worries me.

Posted at 4:48 PM on Sep 30, 2010 by Curious
________________________________________________________________

Why does that worry you, Curious? Seems like a GOOD thing.

Genna

Posted at 4:41 PM on Sep 30, 2010 by fuddyduddy
---------------------------------------------------------

Right, that's what I got. And that's what worries me.

Posted at 4:48 PM on Sep 30, 2010 by Curious

-----------------------------------------------------

Because she didn't have a case?

Bippy

Oh my - a Lawyer fight - goody-goody-goody - this is better than a **** fight - I thought that Oksans's lawyer Horowitz was overdoing it a bit when he thought he would be like Allred and try the case in the media - I think they should be reprimanded by the Bar Association for this kind of practices!!!

Curious

again...sorry for english...

Posted at 4:44 PM on Sep 30, 2010 by Russian
--------------------------------------------------------
No worries, hun. Your english is FAR better than my Russian. =D

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Whorowitz: "Nothing negative intended toward you. Hope to work together and resolve existing differences."??

LOL! Sure, he meant this wholeheartedly....right. I have this bridge.....

IA

@Curious & Maya
Did you guys get your answer on why Horowitz would release this to tmz? That's the first thing popped in my head!

Is the answer post 69 in you opinion?

Please comment!

KM

This letter to DH is priceless....no we get to see EG cover his ass and expose OX for what she is....we get all the answers EC stated were no longer attorney client protected....DH threw EG under the bus before he investigated his client...DH and OX are going down if they think they could get away with threanting EG and 3 Judges of immoral acts upon OX.....LMAO....the shiz just hit the fan folks....

emerald

ROFLOL!!! Aah, isn't it fun when lawyers decide to start suing one another lol!!
Interesting point that EG made though was that Horowitz's leaks could endanger Octomum's twin's client/lawyer privilege and he could be asked to divulge everything that went on in the mediation etc! I thought client/lawyer privilege stopped the moment the client fired you hm?! If court ordered by a Judge, a lawyer can also be forced to submit evidence or testimony against the client if a serious crime is committed!
#83 Tellthetruth59 I agree with you on that one, EG has been saying sure I'll give a deposition no worries, but his letter to Horowitz now makes you wonder how much he will hold back on Octomum's twin's behalf hm?!
Horowitz has pissed off the lawyers and Judges present at that mediation, EG's told him to back off with the lies, y'know I'm getting more and more positive that Horowitz is just there for the p.r and media blitz because no p.r company will represent OG!! Her next lawyer of choice will be interesting, the one for the extortion case that is lol!!

IA

@fuddyduddy
That letter you say Harvey is sitting on, how did you find out about it? Do you have a reference? Thanks.