« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Miami Heat Practice -- Big Guns for LeBron & Co.

9/28/2010 5:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Miami Heat's Big Three -- Dwyane Wade, LeBron James and Chris Bosh -- just met their match in firepower ... the U.S. Air Force.

0928_lebran_james_getty_reuters_2
Fully armed military police officers -- complete with bomb sniffing dogs -- performed tight security checks outside the Heat's first practice ... held today on Hurlburt Field Air Force Base in Florida.

See NBA? It's not impossible to defend the Heat.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Cartman

Why wasn't our bumbling leader there? He likes to hang out with those guys.

JJ

Our tax money?????????

Noel

I think the Heat is doing it for our airmen; who knows. I live 4 miles from Hurlburt AFB (where my Dad works) and about 25 from Eglin AFB (where my Mom works). I know the Heat had to pay to use the Inn on base but were allowed to use the gym for free. Anyway, it's pretty cool to think Dwayne Wade is practicing at the same gym I used to play basketball with my older brother.

MiaB

Are you kidding me? How paid for this? Is this the way we want our tax dollars used? What a joke.

On your side

This is a good exercise for our Airmen... They get to train, which is something they don't normally get to do on home soil.. It is usually the same ole same ole!!
And how about a morale booster for the Airmen????

Kaz Akbar

James vowed even if he doesn't win a third MVP he will play like an MVP every night. . . . I've been the hype since I was 16 on the cover of SI

Laura

Actually, K9 SF aren't paid for this (anymore than their regular pay), to bring a civilian police dept K9 would actually cost buko bucks.
There are bomb sniffing dogs on duty at all times on every base. This guy just probably got a better day than normal.

Kenneth

Check again SOS

Joao

Unfortunately, LeBron is too young to recognize what happened to ruin his reputation. In short, he surrounded himself with STUPID and SELFISH people who manufactured the disastrous scheme to announce his departure from the Cavs. I would have kicked to the curb everyone involved.

mememememe

There so gonna bomb this year but its ok they will have some big excuse.

Mike

I'm not sure how your tax money is being wasted. These airmen/soldiers are paid and pulling security at the base whether the Heat are practicing there or not.

inkedbrwnsuga

They are protecting the planes not some basketball players. The Heat are just practicing there. Duh. Youre an idiot if you think all that is just for them. Ive lived my entire life on Eglin AFB and Hurlburt Field I should know.

Pharoh

This is actually cheaper. The rooms are $35 a night...a lot less than anywhere else. Also, your tax dollars aren't paying anything extra. For the Air Force Base, it's just another day at the office.

TJ Henderson

Just so you all are well aware, I am a local resident and live just a few miles from the base. None of your "tax dollars" are being wasted. The Miami Heat has agreed to pay for everything while they are here. I know we're in a recession but damn! Any reason to stir up some controversy huh guys?

porche

THIS IS NOT THE FULL TRUTH... THEY HELD PRACTICE AT A AIRFORCE THEREFORE BAGSD AND PPL HAVE TO BE CHECKED B4 ENTERING.... NOT BCUS LEBRON WAS THERE BUT BCUS IT IS NECESSARY/MANDATORY

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments