Gilbert Gottfried

Roasts Greg Giraldo --

Too Soon?!

9/29/2010 8:43 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Just hours after Greg Giraldo passed away, one of his former Roast-mates -- Gilbert Gottfried -- was already making a joke out of the situation ... but did he go too far?!

092810_gilbert_gotfriend_twitter

Earlier today, Gottfried went to his Twitter page and wrote, "If Greg Giraldo is cremated, will that be the 'Greg Giraldo Roast'?"

We spoke to Gilbert about the tweet ... who told us he has problems expressing his emotions -- but noted, "Greg can't say anything about it now ... I'm not worried about him calling and complaining."

So we gotta ask ...

lin

Greg would have loved this.. this was not too soon. Cooto's to Gilbert..good job of sending him off with a smile!! coolcrappystuff.com

Yak

I don't give a hoot about celebs (or anyone for that matter) who kill themselves with drugs. They should all be made fun of instead of glamorized. If you have an addiction, get help. It's there if you want it otherwise suffer the consequences.

bring back recent posts

I'm only guessin..but...bein the fact he made his living in clubs..between the booze, cigs and drugs at nite to help him " come down" ,,,,not surprised his ticker gave out...although...don't know how its called " accidental overdose"....but a combination of the above 3..WILL lead u to a early death..sad.

FlamingoNut

Not too soon at all. If the situation were reversed, Giraldo probably would've said the same. How long will we have to wait before Lisa Lampanelli chimes in with another zinger?

The Train!

i have to agree with the others here saying how appropriate gilbert's comment is. i think it's perfect timing.

Laur

Greg made that joke at the Hoff roast about Gary Coleman (comparing Hoff's liver to something dead and black) that was a "too soon" and "in poor taste" joke but it was still hysterical. Gottfried's joke here is the same and, I think, a way of honoring Greg. I'm sure his family is heartbroken but having been a part of this man's life, understand that this is the world Greg lived in. I never knew Greg, I only came across his work a few times, but I'm sure if the roles were reversed, he'd be doing the same thing to Gottfried. I laughed!

Anon E Mouse

Normally this would be horrible but Giraldo was a comedian so he would have appreciated it.

R.I.P.

CN

The JOKE is on Greg maybe..Where will this Greg guy spend Eternity???? I wonder..I never heard of this guy..I dont watch too much junk on TV..He was dead B4 today..He was on Life support and the Family finally pulled the plug..

Julie

It's obvious that some people take life too seriously. Different people deal with grief in different ways. Get over it!

bring back recent posts

CN...yes...he would have been on life support...which I'm sure he never wanted..sad

Sarah

I think Greg would have laughed his a** off at that!

JS

I thought it was too soon- but, perhaps, Gibert was close enough to Greg to know that he would have appreciated the joke. I didn't even know who this comedian was- until I just saw the article on CNN and watched 2 minutes of his stand-up act on You Tube. INSTANTLY, you can tell this guy had talent- a rarity in these days of WAY overhyped- unfunny- UNTALENTED comedians- ESPECIALLY the two on NBC after 11:30. Amazing how prescription drugs are responsible for so many deaths- nowadays. People are just brainwashed by these moronic doctors and pharmaceutical companies. PREVENTION is so easy- with all the great health products nowadays. Unfortunately, our pathetic Government makes these guys the bad guys-- and glorifies the killers. SCAMerica lives on. Maybe OBAMORON be the next to take too many pills and drop dead!

Brandon

Greg was a comedian that roasted celebrity deaths himself. I don't think he'd want his fellow roast buds to keep their mouths shut on this.

EricaJxx

That's F'ing F'd up! He's a F'ing *******! R.I.P. Greg, xx

Observantman

Greg was an insult comic which is why he was always at Roasts. If it was Gilbert who died then he'd probably do the same thing. It's what they do and they love it.