Lindsay Lohan

Rehabbin' at Betty Ford

9/30/2010 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned ... Lindsay Lohan is undergoing treatment at the famous Betty Ford Center, a legendary and respected alcohol and drug rehabilitation clinic in Rancho Mirage, California.

0929_lilo_betty_EX_TMZ-01
Lindsay checked in Monday -- and as we previously reported, the plan is for her to stay put in rehab at least until her probation violation hearing on October 22.

It's gonna run Lindsay a pretty penny too -- according to their website, 30 days of inpatient care at BF runs $26,000.

Betty Ford has treated scores of celebs -- a short list of former patients includes, Keith Urban, Chevy Chase, Elizabeth Taylor, Gary Busey, Johnny Cash, Kelsey Grammer, David Hasselhoff, Mickey Mantle, Liza Minnelli, Ozzy Osbourne, and Anna Nicole Smith.

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

Jay

Lindsay tweeted this from rehab:

Time for din din then its scary movie night! I suggested a Prairie Home Companion Luv my room its so fancy but I still cant find the mini bar!

via Twitter for BlackBerry®

She later tweeted this:

#twothingsthatdontmix Lindsay Lohan and sobriety. In other news after days of searching I found out my room does NOT have a mini bar WTF????

via Twitter for BlackBerry®

get real

Betty Ford is one of the Best rehabs so they say. So Is promises in Malibu.. Lind has been to them all. Good shes in rehab. At least she cant get in Legal trouble till the 22.

smeds

I was in Betty Ford and have been sober for three years. It is not a spa facility that dabbles in rehab. It is very strustured and employs the finest people, most who are recovering addicts and alcoholics and truly understand the disease. They do not play favorites nor do they give special treatment. It is the best thing I ever did for myself and my family. I believe if lindsay can be helped and has the willingness to work for it, she ia at the right place.

Cassandra

As a former inpatient/client of the Betty Ford Clinic I can say that the greatest weakness in my case was their family program. Although the staff of the family program is supposed to help patients with family issues, in my case they failed miserably. I was told in the end that my dad was a "pathological narcisscist."

Although that information was helpful, it wasn't necessarily true.

anne

Addiction to drugs-alcohol is a primary progressive physiological, as well as psychological disease. Until Lindsay accepts this fact, she hasn't got a prayer of recovering-a lifelong process. Her only focus should be her recovery program once she leaves the Betty Ford Clinic. Also, her whole family and friends should also be in Al-Anon-this is truly a family disease. Al-anon, Alateen, and Alcoholics Anonymous are the best resources to use. Undoubtedly, she should also make use of solid private therapy in addition to her meetings. So far, she does not present herself as serious in her recovery. And any entertainment industry types would do well to encourage her to focus on her recovery program, rather than getting her back into working too soon. She should get some professional and 12 step guidance in when and how to re-enter the working world. The literature in AA and Al-anon and Alateen is tremendous and everyone around her would do well to get to meetings and read the literature themselves.

nancy smith

I wish everyone would leave Lindsay alone-she is a girl with some problems. Let those of us who do not have problems throw the first stone. We all have some problems-some worse than others. And nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors. She has a lot of talent and it is a shame that she is not using it now. She is a very pretty woman with much to offer, and maybe someday she will realize this. I myself wish her all the best. Good luck Lindsay with your future plans.

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9