Meg Whitman: My Maid's Full of It

9/29/2010 3:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Meg Whitman's campaign just gave us documents suggesting that her former maid, Nicky Diaz Santillan, actually lied to Meg about her immigration status when she was hired back in 2000.

Whitman maid.

The documents, which Whitman claims Nicky filled out and signed back in 2000 during her application for employment, appear to show that the maid stated under the penalty of perjury that she was a "lawful permanent resident" of the United States.

Whitman also claims Nicky provided her with a social security card and valid California Driver's License with her employment application ... which Meg kept and has now handed over to TMZ.

Whitman has also issued a statement on the matter, saying ... "After 9 years of faithful service, Nicky came to us in June 2009 and confessed that she was an illegal worker."  Whitman continues, "Nicky has falsified the hiring documents and personal information she provided to the employment agency that brought her to us in 2000."

And, Whitman continues, "I believe Nicky is being manipulated by Gloria Allred for political and financial purposes during the last few weeks of a hotly contested election."

Whitman concludes, "This is a shameful example of the politics of personal destruction practiced by people like Jerry Brown and Gloria Allred.  The charges are without merit."

kim

Well the bitch lied and is a cheat. Application says she has two kids. Look at all the freebies shes getting there food stamps? free education? housing? 11 brothers and sister well if they are not here stealing jobs from all us unemployed americans they probably are here getting the freebies or someday will be. Is she going to get to collect social security the democraps think that if you cheat to get a job you should be rewarded. What a bunch of crap. As for Gloria what a scanky cnt

L

If the people of California are so stupid to continue listening to this crap from Allred & not realize what is really going on here, this state deserves to go bankrupt!! People, we do not have a budget after how many weeks? We have a $19 Billion deficit!! People coninue to loose their jobs every week... and we are talking about someone that should not have been in this country in the first place?? ... only in California!

Scott Cook

I am a conservative but I really want JB to win so this state will sink faster. Unless she can take 50 Republicans to Sac town, nothing will get done so at least with JB, the bad will happen faster. I am so happy, I have only 3 more years until I retire. Off to another state.

mauibucky

Whitman, as the employer, should have had the housekeeper fill out an I-9 form which requires the EMPLOYER to verify legal status, niot the emlpoyee. And why would the employee, after 9 years, confess to being an illegal? This story is fishy from the head down.

Fred

If it can be proven that she knew her housekeeper was illegal she will get all the democrats votes because we all know the dems don't give a d@mn whether people are here illegally or not.

Isirio

Another Democrats tactics. Go ahead continue your lies, play every dirty tricks in the book because its over. ANY CANDIDATES WITH "D" AFTER THEIR NAME WILL BE VOTED OUT. ADIOS. RECAP... PRESIDENT CLINTON SAID "I DON'T HAVE SEX WITH THIS WOMAN" IT WAS A LIE!!!, ALMOST CAUSE HIM HIS PRESIDENCY.
STOP IT BECAUSE IT DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE.... ADIOS.
P.S. FIND TIME TO READ NICKY'S APPLICATION... INCLUDES HER SOCIAL SECURITY AND DRIVER LICENSE. DUH!!! SHE SHOULD BE PROSECUTED INCLUDING HER AGENCY WHO HELP HER OBTAINED FAKE DO***ENTS.

lord xenu

Im illegal!

jim

so when will we be hearing from the D A in the area they lived stating that nicki is being arrested for having a forged drivers license and identity theft ? When will Gloria Allred surrender her client to prosecution , she is clearly in violation of at least one felony.

independent

$23 an hour is not exploitation. What a crock. She got fired because she lied and falsified do***ents. People who work in your home are more of a risk to your family than workers in an office, trust is very important.

Patricia Evitt

I certaily agree that the Agency is the one at fault here. I have cleaned houses before, never got $23.00 per hour. Sounds like the maid got greedy or was manipulated into this possible blackmail situation. Shows Meg Whitman's character that she didn't try to hide it, but instead fired the maid & faced the problem head on. My kind of leader. Meg gets my vote for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if this was found to be a set up by Jerry Brown's people. Shame on Gloria Allred. I used to think she was a good person, but after the last few clients she has had I think she is the equivalent of an ambulance chaser.

GO MEG WHITMIN.

rickdc

The maid committed fraud so why is whitmen responsible? Oy yea she is not a democrat now I get it.

BigDeez

This is a textbook example of what illegals do to their former employers all the time. They obtain jobs using fake information and then once they are discovered as illegal and get fired, they turn around and file fraudulent lawsuits and workers' compensation claims.

In my line of work I see this every single day.

Jeremy

Not sure if anyone noticed but the I-9, is all filled out nice excpet it was never reviewd or apparently signed by the employer, a very important part of being an employer and carries large fines when reviwed by the labor department. Maybe if Meg had done the right thing she wouldn't be in this situation.

eVA

25$ PER HURS IN 2000 I AM IN WRONG BUSINESS

Jesse James

I hope we see and hear more evidence. How smart can Ms. Whitman be if she did not know? And, what about those "abusive" claims?

Previous 15 Comments | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments