Meg Whitman: My Maid's Full of It

9/29/2010 3:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Meg Whitman's campaign just gave us documents suggesting that her former maid, Nicky Diaz Santillan, actually lied to Meg about her immigration status when she was hired back in 2000.

Whitman maid.

The documents, which Whitman claims Nicky filled out and signed back in 2000 during her application for employment, appear to show that the maid stated under the penalty of perjury that she was a "lawful permanent resident" of the United States.

Whitman also claims Nicky provided her with a social security card and valid California Driver's License with her employment application ... which Meg kept and has now handed over to TMZ.

Whitman has also issued a statement on the matter, saying ... "After 9 years of faithful service, Nicky came to us in June 2009 and confessed that she was an illegal worker."  Whitman continues, "Nicky has falsified the hiring documents and personal information she provided to the employment agency that brought her to us in 2000."

And, Whitman continues, "I believe Nicky is being manipulated by Gloria Allred for political and financial purposes during the last few weeks of a hotly contested election."

Whitman concludes, "This is a shameful example of the politics of personal destruction practiced by people like Jerry Brown and Gloria Allred.  The charges are without merit."

MoodSwing916

I don't care if she hired hookers to clean topless and did cocaine off their a sses, at least we know she can create a job.

Brion

Too bad Meg. Game Over. Too bad you spent so much on an abortion. Should have paid her off when she asked politely.

Sammy

Meg-wench has NO political experience to even remotely qualify to run for the GOV.
Just because she's got some dough and can advertise doesn't mean she can run a government. Yea she was one of many officers @ ebay...BFD.
She ran FTD into the ground and bailed with a parachute.

Abe

Poor Meg...poor little politican, how could anyone ever question her honesty and integrity? Everyone knows how noble and generous and honest American politicians are.

WatcherOne

#91 Employers make COPIES of do***ents for their records. Copies, understand?

lindsaywhit

Obviously a politically motivated lawsuit, but then... hey, Ms. Whitman, I'm guessing no one forced you to toss your hat into the snake-infested waters of politics, huh? Meh, to be honest I don't know enough about the current race in CA to comment and/or even have what I consider an educated opinion on the candidates, but this lawsuit is beneath contempt even for Allred. Much of what struck me has already been commented upon, but it did occur to me that if Whitman had investigated Nicki's status, Allred might have considered that invasive, racist, etc.?

MT2

Gloria, like a typical Dem, talks out of both sides of her mouth. The real hypocrite is this maid. She is legal, then she's not. She was given a well-paying job, then she was treated like trash. She shouldn't be in this country but regardless of the law, she is. This woman is a criminal with no credibility, same as Gloria.

got2beeme4me

Wow...does anybody have the number for that agency....I would love to make 23.00 a hour.... :) and by the way..I dont have a U.S. drivers licence or a social security card.. But I am sure I can find one in a Cracker Jack box....??? lololol I'm Just Saying !!!!! Kick her and Glories ass to Mexico and let the hard working, tax paying people in the United States have those jobs...!!!!!

MissClarity

I vote for #126 for the all time bestest comment. Made me laugh.

Logic

At one point every American was an immigrant. Everyone who's here now is a decedent of an immigrant, unless you're Native American. Legal status became an issue when land became a problem and immigrants world wide immigrated to find a new life. We spend billions pouring money into Iraq and complain when a few million seep into Mexico via immigrants. What about the thousands of teens who sneak into Mexico to drink every weekend? I wonder how many people on this site are college educated. Your opinions are so easily swayed, it's embarrassing. You stand for nothing. Consumerist Sheeple. Voting is really about choosing the obvious lesser of two evils......

MT2

This whole scheme makes me want to vote for Meg even more. GO, MEG!

Kinnison

An illegal maid that swore she was legal in writing? Is this all that the Democrats can come up with in the way of dirt on Meg Whitman? Aren't the Democrats all about sympathy for "undo***ented workers"? I guess when you have a geriatric 72 year-old state bureaucrat with no private industry work experience who has been slopping at the public trough for over 40 years as your gubernatorial candidate you try to dig up any dirt you can find on his opposing candidate, germane or not. How about more real information on Jerry Brown's plans to fix California's disfunctional state government and huge deficit instead of hapless personal attacks on his opponent?

JLS

You have no credibility, Meg. I don't know any other Californian that would vote for you either.

Kevin

> Am I missing something here? On the first page of the do***ent, >the maid checked off that she is NOT a US citizen. It's as plain >as day.

You don't have to be a citizen to work, but you do have to have a valid work permit. Nicky did not, and if you look at page 14 of the PDF you will see where she broke the law with forged do***ents.

mozilla

Gloria Allred should be all red from embarassment at taking this on. Don't remember who above said it but, never thought about the aiding and abetting a felon thing. Do they have any other lawyers in Cali? Oh, yeah and maids and cleaning ladies do very well for themselves. I have someone come in every other week and pay $100. for approx. 2-3 hours of heavy cleaning.