Michael Lohan Makes Move for Conservatorship

9/29/2010 8:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Lohan will ask a judge to establish a conservatorship for Lindsay Lohan ... TMZ has learned.

0910_media_removed_Spencer_Pratt
Michael met with attorney David Chon (left) today and will hire him to file conservatorship papers ... Chon specializes in trusts and estates.

We're told Michael has enough sense to know the judge isn't going to make him the conservator, so he has two other people in mind ... though he's not saying who.

Michael is saying, he doesn't want Dina Lohan or Lindsay's business manager, Lou Taylor, to handle Lindsay's affairs because "they're in it for themselves."

Our sources say Michael plans on filing a petition for conservatorship "within days."

alice

STOP giving this trailor trash family anymore press time, The whole family needs to just go away already Im sick of it. JUST STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dumas1000

I am 99.9 percent certain that a conservatorship is not applicable to someone who is essentially just an addict. I thought Lindsay might need a conservatorship at one time, but if it cannot be proven that Lindsay suffers from a pre-existing, genetic mental illness (beyond addiction), then I am almost certain that, by law, she does not qualify for a conservatorship. Britney Spears suffers from bipolar disorder, if nothing else. If addicts could be placed on conservatorships, there would be a whole lot more conservatorships out there, but it just doesn't work that way.

Of course Michael Lohan has no credibility when it comes to his estranged daughter and he would be laughed out of court in a heartbeat. He shows up to every one of Lindsay's hearings and every time the judge tells him to more or less shut up and go away. And that comes from her probation judge. What do you think a conservatorship judge would do?

Rikwes

Well, if the judge was indeed looking at this option ( which I'm pretty much convinced of ) Michael Lohan now has made sure it's no longer possible.

This was about the studiest move he could have made. He should have waited unil at least the October 22nd hearing and see what the judge would decide then before filing any paperwork - let alone a motion .Even if the judge now wants to appoint a conservator the "Dina camp " will cry foul and say it's all Michaels' doing .

And a conservator might indeed be a good dea, that's the sad thing about it. Once again Lindsay will become the victim of the feud between her parents.

I'm wondering what it takes for those two to act in the best interest of their own child .It's quite obvious they have never done so up until now.

LA me

Unless Lindsay is under a 5150 hold, I don't see any wings on this pig!! Mikey is a POS that shouldn't get the time of day!! For that matter, Mama Lohan shouldn't either... they are both POS's in my book!! Go back to NY, BOTH of you. L.A. is bad enough without you both polluting our coasts.

Rikwes

@ 36 She DOES have a pre-existing condition ( apart from the addiction ,or possible addiction , to alcohol and drugs ) . She's been on prescription drugs since 2001-2002 ( something like that ) and there are things indicating a personality disorder.Which leads me to the next question : who or what body will file a lawsuit for medical malpractice againt the physicians prescribing those kind of drugs to a 20-something girl for YEARS ? Those morons are walking around and can do the same to another unfortunate youth.And they will do so too.

meme

Let me clarify - I don't think Michael Lohan should be the conservator. AT ALL.

I just agree with him that Dina & Lilo's agent should be unable to touch whatever Lilo has left in her bank accounts.

Part of Lindsay's problem is that she has been the sole support of this family for what, 10 years? It's too much responsibility for her. Dina is capable of getting a REAL JOB not in any way, shape or form related to Lilo's. SO can Michael. And obviously so can Ali for that matter. I just hope someone looks out for Ali as well. It's ridiculous what these people have done over the years to pimp out their kids so they don't have to work.

The Lohan clan is pretty gross, IMO.

ribbit

You guys shouldn't be able to print stories from Michael Lohan unless you mention he is a serial women beater, blackmailer, convicted fraud, and RAPIST.

simon

Correct me if I am wrong, be Lindsay has the right for Lou and Dina to manager her affairs if she so chooses. She is an adult and not on some 5150 hold and according to UCLA has no mental issues. Michael is ENRAGED that Dina has the relationship and he doesn't . This is what this is about; eliminating Dina from the situation. Sad, sad, sad; he says they need to come together but this is the b.s. he pulls. He is worse than an idiot; he must have his own mental problems. I notice Lisa Bloom won't handle it.

nof

I once said to my own dysfunctional parents, "If you're sincere about wanting what's best for me?"

"Very quietly submit yourself into a therapeutic situation, no bands, no cameras, no talk shows -- just you and the family therapist of your choice."

"Gain some insight as to how you've been affecting five children, and why all five have been traumatized, why all five have behavioral and acting-out/substance abuse problems."

They went once.

Left early.

When they realized a therapist is neutral and not there to take their side.

If this dude was sincere, he'd do the same thing.

Instead he plays to the cameras "For the sake of my daughter."

Crows, ****a-doodle-doodle doo, about being right, damnit, when she slips/falls.

He merely needs to see a decent therapist, say, how can I best help my daughter, and listen the answer.

But he knows what the answer is, he knows what therapists will say and tell him.

So he runs around seeking lawyers and media and attention, all in the name of paternal love.

There's something sad, very sad about the dude.

Nof

Rikwes

@ 42 No, I think UCLA said she wasn't addicted - which is odd for them to conclude in just a few days time, even proper detox hasn't kicked in in that little time - but did suffer from mental conditions ( not as in being completely looney ,but having serious emotional problems ) and they did indicate a dependency on various prescription drugs as far as I recall. I agree with ou on the motivation of this move by M Lohan sr. ( let's not call him just Michael because I think the brother is about as normal as they can get and he's also Michael Lohan :) ) , it sure isn't him all of a sudden acting in the best interest of his daughter.

sam

They are not trailer trash. They are a typical family from long island. The nicest families can have an addict, irresponsible child and enabling parent just watch Intervention.

LL is a mess but anyone can clearly see what Simon said, Michael Sr. needs control and the final word and is enraged. Thnx simon.

The divorce war will never end and will play out forever, even if LL dies. Clearly she used to love her father but he disappointed her and everyone else and now betrays and humiliates them constantly.

I think he has done more damage to the last days of her career then she has. JMO.

nof

He's always going to do something "Within days."

When he appeared on TMZ, he was going to do something, "The moment he left the studio."

Writes a lot of checks, he can't cash.

I'll sign off on this within days.

As soon as I close another ap.

Nof

Carvey

I suspect Michael f*cked Lindsay as a child and clearly he's still trying to f*ck her. This time it just happens to be for financial reasons.

Spot

He will have to prove she is a danger to herself or to the public and that she can not manage her own affairs.
She might be broke and in debt but her money is being managed carefully so that's out.
She has never been eyeball to eyeball with the police where violence to another person is in question so that is out.
She self committed to rehab so that shows reasonable will and self awareness so that is out.

On top of having no probable reason he will face a mountain of objections.

Keep talking Michael, we all need a good laugh.

nof

"Within Days."

Since Mike is going to do this thing, "Within Days?"

Today's Wednesday, right?

So by Friday this will be a done-deal, right?

I'll check back on Friday.

Even better, let's give you to next Tuesday, Mike, that's almost a week for ye.

By Tuesday a conservatorship will be in place, right?

Nof