Meg Whitman on Gloria's 'Evidence' -- Not So Fast

9/30/2010 7:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Meg Whitman's husband just admitted it's "possible" he saw the letter that Gloria Allred claims proves Meg is a "liar" -- but Meg's camp now claims ... the letter actually HELPS Whitman.

0930_meg_griff_doc_launch_BN_02

Earlier today, Gloria produced a letter the Social Security Administration -- sent to Whitman's house in 2003 -- a letter Meg said she nor her husband ever received.

But Gloria fired back ... the letter contains a handwritten note from Meg's husband to the housekeeper -- proving they not only received the letter, but knew their housekeeper was in the U.S. illegally.

Meg's husband, Dr. Griff Harsh, now says while it's "possible" he scribbled on the letter ... "it's important to note what this letter actually says: 'this letter makes no statement about your employee's immigration status."

During a phone interview moments ago, Meg's camp further explained how the letter "completely contradicts the conclusions" made by Allred ... CLICK HERE to listen.

So we gotta ask...

Freaks!

Meg hasn't figured out you can't run a state like Ebay.

You can't outsource government jobs to India.

You can't arbitrarily raise fees (aka taxes) anytime you need cash.

She rode the wave of e-biz and got out when it was bleeding cash. Hardly a leader, more just being in the right place at the right time like a lottery winner.

Don Jensen

Why dos the Federal government not show up with the maid in cuffs and file a suit against her for perjury ???

Freaks!

Why is everyone making this complicated?

MEG DOES NOT HIRE AMERICANS!

She will hire people from other countries because they are cheap which lets her put more money in her pocket. Just look the way she runs a business.

Simple, end of story!!

ManiacalZebra

I'm not on either side. One is here illegally and the other hired an illegal.

The fact that the letter indicated a discrepancy SHOULD have been a red flag that required immediate investigation. Just because she chose NOT to investigate doesn't let her off the hook.

betsey

what happened after 2003? did they continue to file social security payments for her using the same number? If so, did they receive any other letters?

Shannon Steward

Why is this illegal not being charged with tax evasion?

Ryan

I wonder if the latina rosa parks is currently collecting unemployment or welfare, in addition to being an admitted ID theif and illegal alien.

Deb

I think that:

1. An agency was used to hire the housekeeper. They should have check the status

2. The housekeeper is illegal. Where is ICE?

3. If this is the only problem with Meg that you have then she is still a viable candidate after all in the USA we elect and re-elect people who murder women by letting them drown and elect presidents with known past drug problems.

3. Anything Gloria says should be suspect.

teslagirl

How is this woman still in the U.S. to even get a lawyer??? Shouldn't she be gone already????"

chris

Gloria Alred should be prosecuted for harboring an Illegal alien on national tv. This is an obvious ploy by Browns crew of spineless fools who are running scared and dont want to lose those pensions he protects for them. Get a clue Jerry, "California is not Down With Brown" We cant afford you and your cronies payroll any longer.As for all the negative comments on the letter about Dr. Harsh and what he should have done. This man does more important work in his first 10 minutes on the job than most of us do in a lifetime. Thanks Dr. Harsh. Megs got my vote no matter what they try to pull.

Peter

The more information I get regarding this the more I loathe Gloria Allred, which is pretty amazing because I pretty much loathe her more than most living human beings.

Meg Whitman probably had at least an inkling that her maid was undo***ented, but there's no evidence that could convict her of it. Allred, on the other hand, is a bottom-feeding low-life who will represent anything and anyone for publicity.

Allred is a complete discredit to the legal profession and a poor excuse for a human being. I had not planned on voting this year but after this, I'll vote for Whitman.

gawd

Hi I'm Gloria (aka battle axe), I am a hypocrite but what the h#@$% it makes me money!!! I call people exploiters ( even a simpleton can see it is I who exploits) but hey! again I'm making $$$ off these whores, idiots, illegals, whatever you call them! ha ha! I don't run a respectable law firm but why not? I get away with it (hehe) because I have the best dog and pony show in town! that's why I'm not disclosing any payments from a 3rd party's because that would really ruin the show doncha think? so come one come all come see my circus it's free!! (except for you retards that keep bank rolling my circus) to you, you get front row seats (bring your checkbook) enjoy! PS: anymore whores that have screwed Tiger Woods wanna come join the show? if your in this country illegally, and you screwed Tiger? better yet! call me!

Lisa

Its pathetic to go to the lengths to attempt to exploit a person for political agenda. The arrogance to parade a person around in the media just because you think it might sway votes, not caring what it might do to this poor lady emotionally. Just shows you how far liberals will go when they get desperate. This should prove how liberals really feel about illegals, their just political pawns for them. Sounds like liberals are running scared. I hope Brown's camp knows this is costing him more votes than gaining!

besimon

I'm voting for Brown, but siding with Whitman on this issue.

Sautxyca

In the Meg Whitman MAIDGATE a few things are clear:
1) CHARACTER issues, i.e., gainsaying, prevaricating, management, damage control coordination
2) Meg Whitman is not yet ready for high public office (or she would have had this big hot-button distraction -- that could make her look like an idiot and a liar -- under PR wraps a long time ago)
3) Who, with a big reputation (and estate) to protect, would be so CARELESS and SLOPPY about house help? SCARY.
4) ATTITUDE: Underneath all of the above is ARROGANCE (i.e., 'They wouldn't dare.' )