Tony Curtis

is Dead

9/30/2010 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has confirmed Tony Curtis has died of cardiac arrest.

Tony Curtis died.
The legendary actor passed away Wednesday in his Las Vegas home.

As we previously reported, Tony -- who suffered from chronic obstructive pulmonary disease -- was hospitalized in July near Las Vegas after suffering breathing problems while making an appearance at a local Costco.

Curtis starred in such classics like "Some Like It Hot" and "Spartacus" -- and was nominated for an Oscar for his role in "The Defiant Ones."

He was 85.

More Tony Curtis

Tony Curtis dead.

More Today in TMZ History

Alexa

What a wonderful life he had. RIP

TheDude

I know back in the day he couldn't get caught accidentally getting someone pregnant, becuase men don't produce babies. Maybe the dude change before he died, but his generation helped bring all that is wrong with the entertainment industry to fruition.

Glad they cut his sex scene from his gladiator movie. It was bad enough they made obscure references to it in the movie "airplane".

RIP Tony. I hope things can be corrected!

No one is perfect, it is the ones whom realize thier error and are repentive of it and try to change the problems in which they caused that are valuable!

SEER

One of the Golden Agers of Hollywood. Soon they will all be just fond memories. He will live on in film forever, thank goodness. RIP Houdini, we love you!

CBK

I have always been fond of him. I feel for Jaime Lee. I lost my mom 4 months ago. It's hard to lose a parent, no matter who you are.

Rachel Rothechild

I adored his acting and he was easy on the eyes. I do not recall seeing him in public with his daughter Jamie Curtis. I wonder what be her comment. I betcha she will come out with a book. As a homosexual he was one of the old ones like Rock Hudson who did not die of aids or escape it. I respected him for stating " Gay means happy not homosexual". He made the comment in the Enquirer of Star years ago.
I will miss his beautiful eyes.

Sarafina

He was wonderful in "Some Like It Hot" with Jack Lemmon and Marilyn Monroe! One of the very best...R.I.P. and condolences to his family.

fran

One of Hollywoods greatest. My condolences to the family.
RIP Mr Curtis

me

Goodbye Spartacus, you will be missed. RIP

Muppet

Great actor! He will be sadly missed by so many. Rest in peace Tony.

Celia

OMG, I just found out he was Jewish. He looked so Italian to me. Doesn't matter, he was still a great actor. RIP!!!

dd

@17 the lady from the movie Titanic I believe her name was Gloria anyway she was 100 yrs. old.

Buster

Rest in peace you old queen.

sam

A True Legend... RIP Mr Curtis

pink floyd

rip tony. thanks for the memories.

Christine

Another old Hollywood legend gone. RIP Mr. Curtis. Thanks for so many wonderful memories. . .

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments