Eddie Munster Slaughters 'Munsters' Remake

10/3/2010 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Some things should just stay dead ... according to the guy who played the original Eddie Munster -- who is definitely not happy with reports that his iconic show is getting remade for TV.

1001_munster_butch_EX_Getty

TMZ spoke with 57-year-old Butch Patrick -- the original werewolf boy from the '60s series -- who just heard that NBC is working on resurrecting the monster fam for a new pilot.

Patrick tells us, "Honestly, it should be left alone" -- adding, "I think it shows they are desperate for content."

Despite the criticism, O.G. Eddie Munster did have a casting suggestion for the NBC execs -- saying, "Unless they get Brad Garrett to play Herman, it's not going to do well."

janet

For the most part the re-makes suck. How many TV remakes were actuall any good? Hawaii-50 sucks and that on TV. Foget about the movies.

The Fugitive, The Untouchables were great. Maverick was very good and so was Star Trek. Addams Family wasn't bad.

Look at the bombs
Car-54, Wild Wild West, Get Smart, Flintstones, The Berverly Hillbillys, Bewitched, Dukes of Hazzard, Swat, Miami Vice to name a few.

need new ideas

R

#17, I agree totally that the remade Hawaii-Oh No! sucks major!

And that they shouldn't remake The Munsters.

janet

The re-makes don't work. Look what they tried to do with making TV shows into movies how many tanked.

I think I forgot Lost in Sapce. Another bomb.

Kevin

They can bring back the Munsters. Heidi Montag can play "Marilyn".

Bubbles The Chimp

Mel Gibson was Eddie Munster when he was little?

sam

I don't agree with the posting that said "Hollywood is desperate" I think NBC is desperate. I am finding a lot of good shows on other station (minus all of the reality shows, hate those).

niles

why not the original cast? now that would be funny.

William

The TV industry, movie industry and the music industry all have run out of original ideas. It has all been done.

Sugar Kitty

Luv the original Munsters and still watch the reruns. They should have asked Butch Patrick to play Grandpa. With Brad Garrett as Herman that show would rock. Anna Lynn McCord's sister can play Marilyn. Oksana can play Lilly, will not need much makeup.

Sharon

I agree....Brad would make a perfect Herman...and I don't know of anyone else that could even come close.

Filmmaker78

This guy makes a living signing autographs at horror and B-movie conventions. You'd think he'd be thrilled by the extra publicity a new series would bring him, unless he's worried he'll be overshadowed.

Criss

Remakes are garbage

Mikey

Shoulda given Grampa a spin off show. He only died 4 years ago.

Sharona

he's fugly . . .

JimmyB

Hmmm. Remaking a silly, stupid, obnoxious show. What a great idea. Can't wait. People actually get paid for a complete lack of creativity? ...I think I'm qualified.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments