'NCIS' Star Michael Weatherly In Car Crash

10/1/2010 3:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Weatherly -- one of the stars of "NCIS" -- just got in a gnarly car accident near Universal Studios in L.A.

Michael Weatherly car accident.
Witnesses tell TMZ ... Weatherly was driving a black Mercedes over the Barham Pass, which connects Hollywood with the San Fernando Valley, when the lanes merged and somehow at least two vehicles were involved in a collision.

Weatherly's car sustained some serious damage to the front passenger side. The front bumper was nearly ripped off the ride. A silver BMW was also damaged in the crash.

We just spoke with the driver of the silver BMW -- who told us Weatherly crashed into him and ran the BMW into a nearby pole. The driver tells us Weatherly quickly parked his car, approached the BMW and "accepted responsibility" for the accident.

The driver tells us both parties exchanged information. The BMW has already been loaded on to a tow truck.  Weatherly seems okay -- he's on his cell phone right now.

An ambulance arrived but apparently it will be leaving without passengers.

MP

These posts are hysterical. Lots of NCIS fans around here. I'm glad Mr. Weatherly is OK and we don't need Ducky in this situation.

lolasmom

Love NCIS and love Michael. He is hot and funny. I love everyone on NCIS. The best show on TV. Mark Harmon is great too. I am glad Michael is okay.

Vivalamatina

He's fine everyone! They're all fine! All parties have exchanged information and will take it from there! Let's just be grateful no one was seriously hurt.
I give credits to TMZ for stalking! =P
Michael did take responsibility for the accident and I bet is beating himself up for it.
Thank you!

qragsdale

I cross that bridge every time in in LA for work and every time I'm almost in an accident.

Throwback kid

Why did Michael Weatherly and Jessica Alba call off their engagement several years ago, did she leave him for Jeter? I felt they were a good couple and he was one of the few guys in LA that could put up with her.

Kat

Yikes...he's such a nice guy, though, hardly anyone voluntarily 'accepts responsibility' anymore. I'm glad he's humble enough to admit his fault.

As Gibbs would say, 'Sometimes you're wrong.'

And...the only thing that bothers me...what if his wife had been with him? =/ If that much damage was done to the passenger side..::shudders:: I don't even want to think about it.

Tee

Oh my, I hope he's okay! He's a great actor and I love NCIS as well.

Dana

waiting to both sides of the story. happy to hear no one was hurt.

Burgundy Johnson

Ohh I love Tony,just was looking at some of the newer episodes on ON Demand.I can tell he is alright he looked fine azz heck last nite!!!!!!

cindy

glad they were both okay. i'm no crime scene investigator only a physicist.based on those photos it was the BMW that hit the Mecedes. the damage to the BMW was too extensive and mostly frontal whiles the damage to the Mercedes was localized to one side...i think'Tony' was being the bigger man and the other driver was being an opportunist!

saallly