Dog Chapman Hospitalized in Los Angeles

10/3/2010 12:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Duane "Dog" Chapman was taken to a hospital in Los Angeles last night after he was injured while on a bounty hunt, this according to his wife Beth.

Dog the Bounty Hunter hospitalized.
Dog was taken to UCLA Medical Center where he was treated for internal bleeding. His wife posted a statement on Dog's official website, saying, "He was admitted for tests for a possible blood clot following an injury he suffered on a bounty hunt. Duane is in very capable hands and and we thank everyone for their prayers."

He was released and is expected to make a scheduled appearance at at the Cathedral of Faith Church in San Jose, CA.

UPDATE: This morning, Beth tweeted: "Yes dog is injured it is an occupational hazard that we deal with he is very strong and in excellent condition he will 4 sure survive."

andy

@ Majestik . . .

I absolutely agree with you, that the Chapmans should not necessarily be given a "free pass" for all of their activities, past or present. And, certainly, the show itself has its quirks, for certain. But, I was simply trying to express that many of the posters wishing Mr. Chapman radical harm or death, when he hasn't done anything which affected them in a negative way, seem to be a little "over the top" with their harsh comments. There are a lot of things learned about the history and function of the Chapmans, that would seem peculiar for the majority of the average viewers, and many persons would choose their actions differently. I do understand, however, that people who endure a harsh upbringing and background also tend to live in a more "free spirited" way, than those of us who would make more conservative and cautious choices.

Hopefully, as a group, the Chapmans will continue to improve and make better decisions from this point forward. They have a large family, and at least with the success of the show, bail bond business, and bounty hunting, they have kept their names off of the welfare and charity rolls, and are probably giving back with paid taxes, etc.

The world is filled with all types of persons . . .

puddy

Well at least his show was better than that Bounty Girls Miami crap.

Lori

Get well soon, Dog! My thoughts and prayers are with you, Beth and your kids! I'm a HUGE fan of the show!

Lori

alexandra

Omg i so hateee their show. It's beyond stupid and Beth is ridiculous to say the least. The whole family is "dee-dee-dee!!!" lol But that's not to say I'd want him or anyone else to die. Best wishes and Get well soon!

Chuckl8

Chapman is a punk, a wannabe thug, and a total loser. One look at him, wearing all his cowboy/SWAT gear, and you can't help but laugh. I cannot understand why the local cops allow him to operate in their jurisdiction. One day his luck is going to run out, and he's going to catch a couple in the chest from a REAL thug.

MISTY

HEY DOG. I REALLY ENJOY WATCHING YOUR PROGRAM AND I LOOK FORWARD EACH WEEK TO SEEING IT. I LOVE YOUR FAMILY. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

Thomas K.

Blood clots? Steroids. Living the American dream.

mannamedjoe

Hey MIKEY, (oh brother, what a screen name) you need to grow up and when you do, change that name to MIKE! And, just what the hell do you know about "Dog" Chapman? He is twice the man you will ever be, especially if you insist on being called Mikey.
Grow up dude then STFU about someone you don't even know and never will. And that goes for the rest of you that is trashing 'Dog"

Moe Green

I would basically agree with every negative comment. The show is boring, dog and Beth are ugly, etc. etc. However you have to give them credit for becoming millionaires. Unfortunately the end justify the means these days.

Tara

Get better soon Dog

Rose

Wow. I'm not a Dog 'Fan' (I've only seen one episode) but I'm not a hater either. All I can say is that your nasty comments speak volumes; not about the Chapmans but about yourselves. Funny thing that you should be commenting on their outward appearance when you are so hideously ugly on the inside...sad.

tony

the nerves of these people thinking anyone is praying for him

alexis

we all love u dog we hope u get 2 fellin better my praiers are for u buddy I LOVE U!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheila

TMZ Should save its space, and only print anything about this POS when he's dead. Not worth the space, or the time it takes to read anything on him...

The Love Sponge

One of these days he is going to confront someone who has a ak-47. He has been very lucky so far. This guy is a piece of trash and a bully. A real cowboy.