Jermaine Commands Michael Jackson Army

10/4/2010 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jermaine Jackson squeezed into one of his old Jackson 5 costumes to perform a tribute to Michael in Vegas this weekend -- but the whole thing could ignite some serious family drama.

Jermaine Jackson
While cameras rolled, Jermaine performed a series of Michael Jackson's classics to a packed house at the concert hall at the Planet Hollywood Resort.

Here's the rub -- Jermaine is legally allowed to cover the MJ songs in concert, but if he uses the recorded footage to create and then sell a DVD, album or TV special -- he would need to go through the Michael Jackson Estate to secure permission.

So far, it's unclear if Jermaine did get the green light -- but if not, the MJ Estate could bring legal action against Jermaine to protect its most valuable asset ... Michael's music.

FYI ... Michael's kids -- Prince, Paris and Blanket -- were all at the show.

Simmie

I was at the show...Jermaine did a great job. You so called MJ fans
are some of the most vile people. You post comments about people that many of you will never meet. If anyone has the right to pay tribute to MJ, it should be his family, or family member. Jermaine
loved his brother, and that's a fact. I'm certain Michael would disown any fan, that would say some of the horrible comments I've seen on this site. Jermaine is not trying to be his brother, he's honoring his family, and he has every right to do so.

Policially Incorrect

I AGREE....... PLAY FREE BIRD.... AND FOR GODS SAKE GET TITO UP WIT YA...

dominque

The Jackson is MJ Estate. Those white, jews should not be handling MJ Estate, Katherine, Joe and Michael Jacksons children should be the head of the Estate.

You all are a bunch of haters. If the shoe was reversed you would be doing the same things.

moni

Posted at 3:39 PM on Oct 4, 2010 by Phantom of the Opera
_____

Great video of a great performance, Phantom, thank you!

26 years old, and yet you could take Michael in exactly the same outfit, put him on stage – and it would be just as breathtaking as it has been then. I can't think of many other artists with whom that would be possible.

nan

i wish they would bring back the reality show.i would also pay to see tito perform. i think he is a really good guitarist.a very likable guy..:)

Elizabeth

Truth teller is a jerk, he is the only one who will be a rotting corpse, Michael is in a special place not only in heaven but in millions of peoples heart. He also would not say anything bad about anyone & helped millions of people, I wonder who is the better person. Michael was the best of best & noone can come even to the same scale. I miss him deeply & hope to see him in heaven. I know he is there & I want to tell him how bad I love him & will never stop. He made my life better. I love you Michael

Linda

Jermaine what a nice tribute to you brother Michael. I lost my brother in 2006 and it takes time to heal. You shouldve sang some old Jackson 5 songs . I loved your song Do What you do.. You have a talent you just need to stick to your own music. add to some of your old hits like Michael did.My prayers are with you and your family. Also for Michaels kids.

007Knight

The Jacksons are the baddest out there; we prevented Michael from doing his thing, we lost years of talent because of bad press and negative talk from people with negative opinons, if Jermaine or any of the brothers want to sing his songs and put on a show- good for them - they know how to put on a show - the family is talented - watch Austin Brown -

sofi

OhWell WHO GIVES YOU THE RIGHT TO TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD OR SHOULDN'T WRITE ABOUT MICHAEL?
Don't you twist my post again.And stop calling Michael a dead pedophile.Show some respect to the man.

MiMi

You're Not Like Anybody I Ever Knew
But That Don't Mean That I Don't Know Where We Are
And Though I Find Myself Attracted To You
This Time I'm Trying Not To Go Too Far

No Matter How It Starts It Ends The Same
Someone's Always Doing Someone More
Trading In The Passion For That Taste Of Pain
It's Only Gonna Happen Again

I'm fallin, I'm fallin, I'm fallin...

fordtocarr

Of all the things I've ever heard of the brothers doing, this one truly makes me ill. It's tasteless and it's heartbreaking. Jermaine has continually made bad choices and then tried to recoup off Michael's talent. It will really give pain to Michael's fans. I see the family wants to show support for Jermaine, but Michael's fan will not. Jermaine could've mad his own name, but to do it with Michael's songs, dressing like Michael, as though he is going to take Michael's place?? It is disgusting and pitiful. It breaks my heart.

Cathy

Jermaine knows full well he's not going to take Michael's place. The man lost his brother. He has a right to honor him and grieve for him in any way he chooses. Nothing is going to bring Michael back and no one can ever replace him, but I believe that Jermaine and all the Jacksons loved Michael dearly and that Michael loved them back. Despite it ALL.