Oksana's Closest Advisor -- Long Rap Sheet

10/4/2010 1:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A man with a history of firearms abuse has become Oksana Grigorieva's key man and constant companion, and friends of Mel Gibson say he is deeply concerned about the safety of baby Lucia.

Oksana bodyguard.
Kristian Otto Herzog has been working as Oksana's bodyguard for months, but multiple sources in the case say he has become so involved in the custody war, he is calling the shots. Herzog is the reason Oksana has changed lawyers so frequently -- when he doesn't like them, they go.

Herzog -- who now has what is described as a "deep relationship" with Oksana -- is constantly around 11-month-old Lucia, and Gibson is worried.

For starters, Herzog has repeatedly impersonated a police officer with loaded firearms.

In 2009 alone, he was arrested twice and each case involved firearms. According to court records, in April, Herzog chased two men who were driving in Hollywood, confronted them and accused them of cutting him off.  Authorities say Herzog impersonated a cop in his Crown Victoria, with a placard on the dash which read "Police Interceptor." Herzog was carrying a loaded semiautomatic firearm.

In May 2009, Herzog followed a woman out of a Ralph's supermarket, turned on lights and a siren he rigged on his car ... and after she stopped, he began asking her personal questions. She freaked out, drove away and found a nearby cop, who arrested Herzog. At the time of his arrest, Herzog had a knife in his boot as well as a loaded semiautomatic handgun which was not registered to him.

Herzog was charged with multiple crimes and pled no contest in October, 2009 to two counts of impersonating an officer -- both felonies. He was sentenced to one year in jail but was given credit for time served -- he was in jail for 255 days after his second arrest in May.  He is on three years probation and prohibited from possessing a firearm.

But recently, two people accused Herzog of making death threats against them for not testifying against Mel Gibson in the ongoing war.

Herzog, who has an explosive temper and uses it frequently with the players in the current case, including Oksana's lawyers, has been convicted of two other crimes.

It's ironic -- since their mediation, Oksana has claimed Mel Gibson is a danger to his children, yet she is allowing a man with a history of firearms abuse and a nuclear temper to essentially live at her home, where he is constantly around the baby.

Sources tell us ... Mel's people have asked Oksana to keep Herzog away from the baby, but she refuses.

No comment from Oksana's camp.

walter3ca

Sounds like Oskana and Herzog deserve each other.

fuddyduddy

Now the connection between Herzog the hog and Garbus is a little more clear...

dee

I think it is so funny that ROL has stopped reporting on this.
Now that she has a new attorney I guess they moved on to TMZ.

Ray

Heidi
I feel TMZ is gaining credibility. They have not taken sides. Instead, they present us with information about both sides. I am suprised that I am gaining respect for a gossip site.

fuddyduddy

I really hope the children are removed and SOON! They should have been taken out of this mess like yesterday!

The whore and the boar and do what they want, but those children need to be out of that environment.

JLS

This sounds like something that is being force fed to TMZ for having Oksana's lawyer on TMZ Live the other day. I mean it's complete with all kinds of speculation and fear and even injects the theory that if you think Mel is violent - look at this man... I'm sure the convictions are real. I am unsure if this man is currently possessing a firearm or is as dangerous as described herein. In any case, if he has these convictions he should not be around either child in her care. I'm just sick of this mult million dollar smear campaign Mel has in motion.

Ray

I am in shock that someone stated that Lucia is safer with a body guard with a temper yet they berate Mr. Gibson for his temper. You can't say it is wrong for one person then in the same say it is ok for another. That is asinine.

twilightmom

Got your cranky pants on Dee Dee?
Posted at 1 :15 AM on Oct 4 , 2010 by fuddyduddy

That or one helluva wedge!! Maybe her cranky thong? I

JLS

One last thing. If Mel had threatened me like I heard him do on these tapes, I would definitely get the most threatening body guard I could find throughout all of this. He did threaten to kill Oksana. We all heard him do so. I wouldn't ignore that.

fuddyduddy

Got your cranky pants on Dee Dee?
Posted at 1 :15 AM on Oct 4 , 2010 by fuddyduddy

That or one helluva wedge!! Maybe her cranky thong? I

Posted at 1:43 AM on Oct 4, 2010 by twilightmom
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

OMG, Twilightmom!! It's too late/early to be laughing so hard! Oh, that was good!

JLS

@Dee-Poster #46:
ROL is owned by American Media. They also own Star Mag and the National Enquirer and more. Get it? You cannnot believe a single word that is posted on that website. They print stuff, retract it and are frequently all out caught with printing lies.

fuddyduddy

It's too late to research, but isn't there a law on the books about convicted felons being around children? Lucia is not his child, so it's not like this is her dad. It just seems that there is a law about convictd felons having to stay away from children. I'll post this here and maybe someone will know.

igotfleasfromtmz

Childcare
•Federal laws requires that persons caring for children undergo criminal background checks. However, felonies will not necessarily automatically disqualify an employee. However, if the person was convicted of a crime against children or a sex crime, she will likely be barred from the position.

Read more: Felon Employment Laws | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_6559669_felon-employment-laws.html#ixzz11NW1em32

twilightmom

Fuddyduddy-
Sorry....I'm actually hurting myself as well!!
Now I am *really* going to bed!!
Harvey must have been reading our comments again, when did u guys find this....like, less than a week ago?
Good job, Team Mel/Team Truth!
Catch u guys on the flip side! G'night!!
Tmom. {o:

fuddyduddy

Good night, Twilightmom...sleep well.