Oprah and Oksana -- Ebony and Ivory

10/4/2010 3:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Imagine this ... Oprah Winfrey the most powerful person in the history of television -- and now the tool of one Oksana Grigorieva ... who is using the talk show queen to jump start her music career.

1004_oprah_oksana_EX_TMZ_01A
Sources tell TMZ ... a camera crew from the "Oprah" show rolled over to Oksana's home in Sherman Oaks on Friday to shoot some footage for Oksana's upcoming appearance ... but there was a secret agenda.

As we previously reported, Oksana agreed to do an exclusive sit-down with Oprah and spill her guts about Mel -- but in return, Oksana wanted to showcase her musical "talents" on TV ... and Oprah caved.

As for the sit-down part of the interview -- we're told "Oprah" producers are trying to push it to happen ASAP ... but so far no firm date has been set.

No comment from Team Oprah.

0929_oprah_time_warp_footer

azlee

gimmeabreak, you are here all the time too, so I wouldn't be pointing a finger at us, because there are 3 more fingers pointing back at you.

For the others, let's not borrow trouble before it is at the doorstep.

shirleyholmes

Oprah, you were always showing us women, that we have a choice,
to be responsible human beings and that we could achieve and
become whatever we wanted as long as we put our minds to it.
I always thought you meant getting an education and a job.

IS THIS THE MESSAGE FROM OPRAH IN 2010 TO ALL THE YOUNG WOMAN OUT THERE?

GET PREGNANT, PREFERABLY BY A RICH MAN, SHOUT ABUSE, SIT DOWN AND YOU WILL NEVER HAVE TO WORK AGAIN

Disgusting

Rose

How can Oinky go on the Oprah show to "spill her guts" when there's an ongoing investigation and a gag order in place? TMZ live should be very interesting with the many questions regarding the "felon", her visit to court and the Oprie show just to name a few. I wonder how many interruptions Harvey will get from phone calls today? Is it time for another vacation Harvey? I can't imagine what Mel and his lawyers must be thinking about all of this......

Genna

Yes, much better to get your "news" from gossip rags like TMZ. Go TEAM MEL! *rolls eyes*

Posted at 11:44 AM on Oct 4, 2010 by gimmeabreak
=====================================================

Well, let's see, there is CNN, Time Magazine, The Boston Globe, and the Wall Street Journal. That's a sampling of the other sources I go to for news. What do you do...hang out on ROL? I'm so weary of the jealousy you people have over the literate posters here, on TMZ.

sharonlynnmc1

I must say that I have watched oprah for many many years. If she does this with Ox I will lose every bit of respect that I have for her. Not that (ONE) viewer matters to her and her millions but this will be one person who will have nothing and I mean nothing to do with anything she has her name on or money on. Oprah, please wakeup and realize this is a big mistake.... If you care.....

Joseph

Lost alot of respect with Oprha on this. Everything is pointing to her lieing, and extorting money from Mel. Mel did run his mouth in his idiotic racist way, but everything points to she has set Mel up. Who says the Body guard who is a felon didn't "help" her look like she was roughed up by Mel? And there are only two people who could have leak the tape, her or her sister. I understand Oprah s thinking ratings on a show in her finial season, but tastless. She never put Micheal Richards on after his comedy show with the racist words to say he was sorry. How about Mel in any time he messed up? No....

jb

Singing career!?! I'm not sure how old this woman is, but I am going to go out on a limb and say she has missed the Pop Star train by a few decades.

mlcselli

Oprah certainly doesn't need bug eyes to help with her ratings. Why in Gods name would she ever let money hungry on her show. I hope the lawyers are watching, cause Oprah will get her tripped up in another lie

Catherine Russell

I never liked Oprah, now I like her even less. Like someone posted it's all about ratings & publicity!!!! So Oskana gets money appearing on the bitches show!! I agree both are tools!!!! I think Oprah should read & listen to what people think about all this. I say boycott O's show, especially when the other bitch is on!!!

panchang810

For one thing, THERE'S NOTHING NEW that this goldigger is going to offer to Oprah, except for any new lies she's intending to spew to gain more publicity partcularly to push her non-existing music career.

If I were those who are hooked to Oprah show (never watch it, I WORK) and those people have some sense left in their head, they should BOYCOTT at least that episode of Oprah Show. By watching that episode those viewers are also supporting this golddigger.

I'm just sick and tired of this woman and of her dramas.

ohreally

Oprah disgusts me. She must certainly know Ox's sordid background, yet she gives her a platform to look respectable. Utterly revolting!
If she does indeed use a clip of OX singing, everybody better lock their pets up. They are gonna howl!
And buy yourself some ear plugs....

Fidel's niece

Judge Judy beats Oprah in ratings!

Oprah, Oprah, girl you lost your grip,
to be so desperate for ratings to have
an extortionist on your show! Tsk, tsk...

Tellthetruth59

Hi Tell! I wrote an e-mail to the Oprah Show, but asked that I not be contacted for any kind of video or Q & A live contact since I would not watch this show. (They ask these questions on her website when you send in an e-mail.) I did say that they could use my name and city/state location if they wanted to refer to/read the e-mail on the show. I may be faceless, but I won't be nameless if that's the kind of game Horowitz wants to play.

But I knew from day one that this PR stunt was to showcase OG's "music"...very little to do with Mel.

Posted at 11:46 AM on Oct 4, 2010 by Genna
-----------------------------------------------

That was wise of you - however if it was just about showcasing Ox's talent (which has nothing to do with a piano but a flute of sorts) then why did Oprah "cave" to her requests and let her play. Oprah will look like a bigger loser than Ox for showcasing this talentless liar.

C

TMZ keeps playing that clip of her singing and it makes my stomach turn. That has got to be the WORST sounding NOISE I have ever heard. It is so horrible it makes my ears bleed. Please- somebody make her stop.

STFUP

How the hell could someone as powerful as Oprah cave to this money-grubbing, no talent, lying skank!?!?!?