Sheriff's Dept. Interviews Oksana's Mediation Lawyer

10/6/2010 8:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned ... L.A. County Sheriff's investigators have just interviewed the lawyer who mediated Oksana Grigorieva's case with Mel Gibson, in connection with the extortion investigation.

1006_eric_oksana_EX_Getty_TMZ-01
Law enforcement sources tell TMZ ... two investigators went to the law offices of Eric George, a well-known L.A. attorney.  As TMZ has reported, the Sheriff's investigators are looking into whether Oksana tried to extort $15 million from Mel Gibson, in return for the infamous audio tapes.  TMZ has already posted the signed agreement that Oksana later disavowed.

Our law enforcement sources say ... among the topics investigators covered:

-- How involved Oksana was in the mediation
-- How involved she was in the money discussions
-- Why she ultimately rejected the agreement she signed

In addition to meeting with George, investigators met with his law partner, Sonia Lee, who was also involved in the mediation.

Our law enforcement sources say the extortion file should go to the L.A. County District Attorney shortly.  The D.A. will make simultaneous decisions on whether to prosecute Mel for domestic violence and Oksana for extortion.

Shell

BUT, on the flip, the trolls seem to hate being totally ignored if we can all just stick to that and watch them implod on themselves. That's fun too :P

Posted at 4:41 PM on Oct 6, 2010 by Sam
============================================================

that is enjoyable watching them get all frustrated. I have to restrain myself going forward. If you see me slipping just give me a good slap on the head. :)

Majestik

Oh please Mel was her trick her john a damn fool to have bareback sex with that woman.

If Mel had had bareback sex none of this would be going on because you can't get pregnant having bareback sex. I think you mean unprotected, no? Bareback is in the "OTHER" hole.

kali

If he is no longer her lawyer can he still claim attorney client privledge? Or is he eligible to talk?

KoalaBabe

Lol good one Fan:)

Sam don't ever changed :P, your good as you are.

Shell

I am apologizing right now for my typos. Forgive me...

BReasonable

Has Martin Garbus quit yet? If not, I'd guess it will be any day now.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Posted at 4:45 PM on Oct 6, 2010 by Shell

ditto :P

Babushka

I think he has to be careful not to violate the atty/client privilege, but he should be able to give just enough information to expose more of her lies and set the stage for her extortion trial. If she keeps trashing the mediation and the job done by George/Lee, they can sue her for defamation.

Posted at 4:42 PM on Oct 6, 2010 by BReasonable
__________________________________________________

I agree. I may be pathetically naive, but in my heart, I still believe in our justice system, and believe it or not, in the basic goodness of *most* attorneys. I sincerely hope that within the limitations imposed by the client/attorney privilege, Mr. George will still be able to tell the truth, nothing but the truth, so help him God.

I always felt bad for Eric George, when Oxycontin kicked him to the curb. He was doing his best, as most of her attorneys have done, to do what they consider the right thing: give her their best representation possible. I don't think most of these lawyers are necessarily "evil people" who are trying to cash in.
I think they are literally earning every penny with blood, sweat and probably lots of tears.

Hahaha

I don’t know about the law, but morally (IMO) abuse and bigotry is worse than gold digging and lying.

Posted at 4:24 PM on Oct 6, 2010 by goldenopal

Well, thank God we don't have you on tape cursing every race and every religion that's not yours. otherwise you wouldn't be able to share that hollier than thou view of yours on bigotry.

ketjo

Access Hollywood and now extra just showed a piece about Oshanna interview with People magazine . Stating she turned down the 15 million because she was afraid to leave the baby with Mel for have the time !!!!!! Repeating the abuse story but adding that poor Mel was foaming at the mouth. but she still LOVES him and would take him back if he would only be a man.

People says they got in just under the wire before the gag order came down to get the FIRST interview she has given.

Are they for real ???? She been under a gag order for months now and talking to anyone that will listen . What about the interview on Today ?

Go back to Russia lady WE DON"T BELIEVE YOU !!!! oH forgot Russia don't want you back.

Fidel's niece

I just want my Steinway piano
to play my muuuusic,
I am an ARTEEEEST,
and money for food
and books by Tolstoy
to read to my babies...
I don't want his money...
I am a christian woman...
but there was nothing for me!

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Sam don't ever changed :P, your good as you are.

Posted at 4:45 PM on Oct 6, 2010 by KoalaBabe

Well thank you KB! Warm fuzzies to you!

Shell

ROFL @ Majestik!! That's "rear" love.....

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

This bitch is like B.P. oil.
F**KING eveywhere !

Posted at 4:47 PM on Oct 6, 2010 by Richard

LOL! And stinking, and toxic!

Tammy

Posted at 4:45 PM on Oct 6, 2010 by Majestik

Bareback means unprotected in slang talk. I think it started in the black community, but has since been utilised by others.