CNN Star Injured by Horse ... Of Course, Of Course

10/6/2010 7:18 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Soledad O'Brien is getting ready to undergo a pretty gnarly surgery on her knee -- after she was thrown from a horse in New York on Sunday.

1006_soledad_obrien_horse_BN

O'Brien tells BV Buzz she was horseback riding with her 2 daughters when her horse "got spooked by another horse and ditched me."

Soledad explained, "I tore absolutely everything in my knee. I am on crutches now and doing physical therapy. I'll have surgery in two weeks when the swelling goes down."

Abe

Soledad is so damned pretty. If she ever rode me, I wouldn't throw her off.

x

Sarafina

Get well soon, Soledad!

Lynn M

Not fun but glad she did not injure herself worse. Hope it heals without any setbacks.

Fan

Celebrities, athletes, politicians, models.... Each year we hear about people with serious injuries from falling off a horse. Is it time to put a "no horseplay" clause into every contract?

Wait, then South Park couldn't show Christopher Reeve thriving on baby juice.

Seriously, though, if you made your living through your looks or your limbs, would you not avoid the dangers of horse riding?

Zorro

But was the horse racist? And if so, will it be featured in "Black in America 3"?

phil

This is another good reason every rider should
wear riding boots, a helmet and quick release
sturrups and gloves. Horse Sense is defined
as mistaking a branch for a snake and then
running away

whocares

WHO GIVE'S A RAT'S A... ALL SHE DOES ON CNN IS RUN AND RERUN "BLACK IN AMERICA" AND "LATINO AMERICA". HOW ABOUT "OUR AMERICAN INDIAN'S/ AND "WHITE IN AMERICA"? RACIST BITCH.
I HAVE THE VIDEO'S TO PROVE IT..F..K HER AND THE HORSE THAT THEW HER A..OFF !! YEAH !!!

bring back recent posts

ouch....well...at least she and the horse are alive, she'll get batter, lousey with kids to be messed up like that though..yikers..

Melb

She is very lucky all she got was a knee injury.
I hope she heals quickly.
Phil got the horse sense comment right on target

wisdom

Smart lady.I hope she stays true to herself and not think she is one of the old boys

Truth

YAAAWN!!! AND THIS IS NEWS HARVEY? SHOULDNT THIS BE REPORTED ON CNN AND NOT ON SOME GOSSIP SITE?? STORY IS A TOTAL SNOOZE FEST. NO ONE CARES IF SOME BORING REPORTER GOT THEIR ASS THROWN OFF A HORSE. NOW IF SHE CROAKED AND DIED THAT MIGHT DESERVE AN OBLIGATORY 6 LINES. NEXT.

JungleTails com

Now she can do another CNN special about being a Horse In American.

Can't wait!

KPCATZ

At first glance I thought that was another picture of Rachel Unitalhorseface next to Soledad. But it was too pretty.

Mee

was it BAD KARMA because she was mean to the dog in New York ???

Mee

THE HORSE IS ONLY DOING JUSTICE FOR THE ANIMALS:

O'Brien, in a 20-page affidavit, complained about the pooch's "size, slobbering, shedding, drooling, gassiness and odors."

HASN'T MS OBRIEN HAD GAS BEFORE ????

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments