'CHiPs' Larry Wilcox Charged With Securities Fraud

10/7/2010 5:44 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Larry Wilcox of "CHiPs" fame has just been charged with securities fraud.

Larry Wilcox scam.
The Securities and Exchange Commission just charged Wilcox and more than a dozen others with allegedly manipulating the volume and price of penny stocks to illegally generate stock sales.  Translation: Wilcox and the others allegedly set up a phony company to generate bogus stock sales.

This is not a criminal charge.  The SEC is asking for an injunction against Wilcox and some of the others, as well as financial penalties.

CRASH

I met Erik Estrada a couple years ago at a sponsorship event he was doing(after having been a huge fan of his for the last 30 yrs) and he's very down to earth...great wit and personality.. said he and Larry didn't get along because Larry was supposed to be the star of the show, and it didn't turn out that way and was very bitter about it.. but do what ya gotta do when you're an old TV star, except don't rip people off..

ashley

OMG i earned 121$ per day FREE with this http://bit.ly/iearned As i
am housewife it really boasted my income it really helped me clear my
bills and now iam free

Celticlass8

This does not surprise me at all; he "bought" a company I worked for with worthless stocks and we were out of business in less than a year...everything he does is crooked.

J.E.B.

I'll bet he has a "chip" on his shoulder NOW!

Sean

Five kids, two ex wives and a tv career in the garbage, yeah, he needs the cash.

Semper Fi

There has no criminal complaint because no crime was committed.
I think this goes to show that if your company goes public and doesn't thrive, you are under scrutiny.

Shame on the bashers and haters.

Larry Wilcox is an honorable man and deserves to be treated with diginity and respect. He has always given his best to do right by his fellow man

momarlon

Nevermind Wilcox, whatever happened to Randi Oakes??? I'd let her cuff me anyday!

Jersey

I guess it is back to the Rawlins trailer park for the Wilcox family, or can they even afford that now? If you do a google seach this has been going on for years.He started his life in crime as the money was running out to the ex.

You have to admit a guy that played an up standing , milk drinking C.H.P. officer. I met this guy once , and was totally fake. He has such a snobby way of talking to people.

His car would break down on the freeway from time to time, and demand that the real CHP officers get him help fast because he was a star.

He uses "charities" to promote his useless scams.

Larry I think it is time for you to be honest ,and do the time that you owe the California prison system, and all money that he does get for movies, t.v shows, and other ways he generated money to the people that you stole from.

You may have groupies that get on here and swear that you are so innocent, but you know deep in your heart you are not.

I wonder if larry sits in his office at home and watches reruns of chips for some comfort of what he used to be, and not what he is now.

Sue

None of you know Larry so you've no right to spew such hateful garbage. No, I'm not a groupie, so don't even go there. Larry is a very dear friend of mine and has never been anything short of kind, compassionate and generous to my husband and I.

To correct some of the garbage I've read:

No, he never watches CHiPs and he has no desire to be a celebrity. Yes he has 5 kids. Three are grown and on their own. The other two are growing up into fine young men. His kids and wife adore him and the feeling is mutual. They are a very loving and close family..

No, he's not snobby or rude to anyone. He gladly signs autographs and poses for photos. As long as people are polite and respectful, he's fine.

I've personally witnessed him making a dying fan's dream come true by calling her personally. I've watched him treat people he's just met like old friends. He is a good man who got caught up in a bad situation. He's not a criminal and would never hurt anyone. Period.

And Mike, I don't know who you worked with "on set" but I doubt it was Larry. In fact I doubt you even worked on CHiPs because if you did you'd know it's ROBERT Pine, not John Pine. Nice try though.

susan

How much money did he make from the bogus stocks?

Linda Pearman

Latest Info on Larry Wilcox:

Jase

Who care, he is still a hunk of a man and I would settle down with him in a heartbeat

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3