So I'll Be Your Friend ...

10/7/2010 1:45 PM PDT BY Johnny Lopez

The 63-year-old resurfaced at some event in Hollywood on Tuesday, looking poignant.

1007_memba_reveal

Gloria also co-composed the theme songs to "Diff'rent Strokes" and "Facts of Life" (which she also sang) with ex-husband Alan Thicke.

Loring is singer Robin Thicke's birth mother.

Mike

Poignant?
adjective
1. keenly distressing to the feelings: poignant regret.
2. keen or strong in mental appeal: a subject of poignant interest.
3. affecting or moving the emotions: a poignant scene.
4. pungent to the smell: poignant cooking odors.
Which one do you mean, cuz none of them make sense to me? I sometimes wonder if the TMZ methodology involves smoking a blunt before writing these descriptions!

ylg

When did she turn asian?

Truth

GROSSSS!!!! PLASTIC SURGERY GONE EFFING BAD!!!!!!!!! NO WONDER SHE'S RARELY SEEN ANYMORE. *SHOCK*

annie2

I saw her when I was working as a banquet server at the Convention Center in my hometown. She was the entertainment at the event I was working. She really does have a good voice...and seemed very personable...signing autographs off-stage for a while after the performance. She looks pretty good, though, yes her eyes look too squinty now.

ginny

bet me she looks better then you *******s??

truth, you are really a piece of trailer trash work...

LTBK

I think she looks fantastic!

Mike Powell

"looking poignant"??? I hate those douchey descriptions. They always suck!

Debi

Excuse me, she is 63! What do you expect her to look like? 20 something? 30 something? Come on! She looks very good. Leave us "older generation" alone! We do age! OMG! I hope I'm still around when all the younger generations finally start to get a wrinkle!

Khylah

Carl Anderson was my father's brother. He passed some time ago. Amazingly, one of paintings will be featured in the Kinsey Collection at the Smithosonian's Museum of African American History and Culture, Washington, DC Oct 15, 2010- May 2011. Thank you to the Kinsey's for loving him.

We miss you and love you Carton.

Lake

"birth mother"? Huh? She's his mother. Remember when she was dating the hottie boy toy Don Diamont? She's a good singer. Robyn got it from her I expect.

Days Fan

Why is she referred to here as Robin's "birth mother"?

kerrybabyxx

I can tell she has had a face lift or eye lift.The eyes usually get asian looking,much smaller than before.Her natural beauty is gone.

JC C

Birth mom? Hmmm. How about: "She is singer Robin Thicke's mom. Did an intern write this, jeeez.

Slutty Whores Rock

Wow, old ugly and downright weird looking. Where'd she get her plastic surgery, Haiti? Cripes, gotta be some lawsuits in there for that butchery.
Alan Thicke dumped her 20 years ago when she started going downhill fast.
Don't ya hate when onetime hotties get wrinkled and pathetic?

Woody McBrreairty

I had my picture with Gloria Loring at this event Tuesday in Hollywood. She is drop-dead gorgeous- tall, perfect figure, stunning outfit and charming friendly personality and a singing talent that made the rafters ring.... she sang a song during the program that was the highlight of the night called "Rise" which she wrote and will be available on CD soon, beautiful words- could be the theme song of encouragement to any of life's challenges. The evening was a smashing success although very emotional and had it's depressing moments as it was in honor of those in danger of losing their homes at the Motion Picture Country Retirement Home in Woodland Hills, which we are trying hard to stop.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments