Universal

Pulls 'Gay' Movie Trailer

10/8/2010 2:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bowing to growing outrage from the likes of Anderson Cooper, Universal Pictures has decided to pull the trailer for the movie "The Dilemma" -- and replace it with a new one some time today ... Universal tells TMZ.

1008_dilema_EXD_01

The trailer in question begins with Vince Vaughn telling a room full of people, "Ladies and gentlemen, electric cars ... are gay." Sources at Universal Pictures told Deadline Hollywood's Nikki Finke they showed the trailer to gay rights groups beforehand, including GLAAD, and didn't get any negative feedback.

But after Anderson complained on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," we're told the studio folded like a cheap suit.

A rep for Universal Pictures tells TMZ, "The teaser trailer for 'The Dilemma' was not intended to cause anyone discomfort. In light of growing claims that the introduction to the trailer is insensitive, it is being replaced. A full trailer, which has been in the works for some time, will post online later today."

Now if only they can make the movie seem funny.

UPDATE: GLAAD tells TMZ they called on Universal to remove the clip from the trailer last month. A rep tells TMZ, "The use of the word ‘gay’ in this trailer as a slur is unnecessary and does nothing more than send a message of intolerance about our community to viewers."

N. Moore

Why have we taken a nice word like gay and messed it up so much.
It used to be used like having a gay old time or we wer feeling happy and gay. Stop ruining the word.

Rayna

Anderson Cooper is an ultra liberal tool. I will watch this movie but never watch him. Anderson Copper is so GAY GAY GAY.

njk

someone had to die for ppl to take gays' feelings seriously? every one needs to grow up and just focus on their own lives

Liz

So, besides CAVING to Islam, now we're CAVING to the gays? Seriously, doesn't anybody find this pathetic?

jim

Thats Gay.

Taylor

its a movie. wa wa wa. people should be ablle to say whatever they want. don't be so sensitive.

Eisaak

The word "Seriously" really really offends me so I need everyone to stop using it please. I also need it removed from all books and any movie ever made, so if someone can get on that right now I would really appreciate it. Please email me when everything has been edited to my taste level. thanks.

Eisaak

Ben Dover

I am white. Please stop referring to those little crispy things you put in your soup as crackers. I am offended.

Seriously, we need to lighten up.

kimk

this is such a joke!!!!!!! he did nothing wrong millions of men all over the world talk like this! its nothing to do with gay people!

jack e. jett

Harvey Levin is gay and he won't even cop to it. Anderson Cooper, I predict will come out soon. Right now he is under the guise of CNN which is controlled by AIPAC.

MikeR

Seriously, we need to lighten up.

Posted at 12:40 PM on Oct 8, 2010 by Ben Dover
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Thanks for the laugh Ben, great stuff. LOL.

SantaFeJack

"Electric cars are so lame."
"Anderson Cooper is so gay."
Finally, the English lanuage properly used.

breze

If calling a car "gay" is offensive?.....Then your "gay", "stupid" and need find something better to do "dumbasses"
just saying.