Stamos:

Extortion Case Was 'Celebrity Bashing Circus'

10/8/2010 3:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

John Stamos fired off a scathing letter to the judge who sentenced a couple for extorting him -- saying "lying and inventing stories" was their only strategy in court.

John Stamos extortion case.
TMZ obtained a copy of the letter -- which was read aloud today during the sentencing of Allison Coss and Scott Sippola -- Stamos asked the judge to make an example of the couple ... "This is an opportunity to send a public message that extortion and perjury will not be tolerated."

Stamos added, "They were caught turning the courtroom into a celebrity bashing circus. I was forced to watch the defendant slander me at trial with impunity."

John asked the court for $15,000 for attorney's fees, but the judge shot him down.

Coss and Sippola were sentenced today to four years in prison.

SantaFeJack

I agree with John. It brings to mind this broad who is claiming Demi and Ashton are into three-ways. I'm no fan of Demi/Ashton, but it seems to me to be a pretty farfetched allegation, but it doesn't matter because this woman seems to be able to say whatever she wants about them with impunity. I once had a columnist write an absolute and terrible lie about me, and when I was fired from my job because of it, my boss told me, "You can blame this on (that columnist)." Once the column was printed the damage was done...I've never had occasion to be in the papers since, but would certainly avoid it like the plague if the chance ever presented itself. (This was not the only time I suffered at the hands of the press, but it was certainly the worst outcome.) Go John Stamos!!

Superman

What a bunch of BS! There's obviously truth to the cocaine story otherwise there wouldn't be anything to extort!!

Mike

John Stamos....I love you man (in a non-***g*t way.)
See you in Aspen (wink) lol

SantaFeJack

ST94

Nobody deserves to be extorted, but Stamos, you're in your 40s (closer to 50) you have no business trying to get in the pants of a teenager. It's gross dude. You were on Full House. Get over yourself, stop using drugs (if you did), and continue on with your guest spots here and there.

SayWhat

Your turn Oksana!

anni

shouldn't that be 'has-been celebrity bashing circus'? Wake up dude

brook

I hope they sentence Oksana to 4 years in prison too, or more!

carol

The Judge turned down his request for attorney fees but Judges award the tramp Oksana attorney fees paid for by Mel left and right. That's disgraceful that a tramp can get attorney fees but a man who has been extorted can't. What the heck has happened to the judicial system when bimbos can get money but this man couldn't. John, appeal the Judges decision. . You should have been awarded attorneys fees.

Fidel's niece

Enough of the slimeballs
trying to extort money
from celebrities.

Ok$ana should be next,
the poster girl for
extortion!

Sheila

I agree with comment # 10!

JO

I agree...send everyone of them extortionist to prison and have their picture post everywhere to make an example.

Superman

4. Number 3. You prove my case...and you are wrong! There does NOT have to be any truth to the story...the idea is to intimidate the celebrity into paying up to avoid potentially damaging publicity. Truth or the lack of it does not matter...publicity does!

Posted at 12:21 PM on Oct 8, 2010 by SantaFeJack
---------------

You can't intimidate with lies!!! DUH!! I suppose you never heard of a lawsuit for slander or libel.

gotz

"Celebrity bashing?!?!?!?!" C'mon John, just saying that alone makes you sound like such a tool it's almost painful. PLEASE EVERYBODY, there's so much intolerance and hate in this world; racism, sexism, anti-semitism, and yes, CELEBRITY BASHING!!! If we all work together we can make a difference and rid the world of these injustices. (BTW, I really hope my sarcasm is as evident as I'm trying to make it).