Miley Cyrus --

Guilt-Tripped Over Sexy New Video

10/9/2010 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The backlash over Miley Cyrus' new body-grinding, panty-sporting, sexed up music video has already begun -- with a powerful parents organization ripping Miley for turning her back on young fans.

1008_miley_cyrus_ptc_EX
The video in question is "Who Owns My Heart" -- in which a blindfolded Miley (who's still 17 years old BTW) can be seen writhing around on a bed in her underwear ... before entering some other sexually charged situations.

Now, Tim Winter -- President of the Parents Television Council -- tells TMZ, "It is unfortunate that she would participate in such a sexualized video like this one."

Winter continues, "It sends messages to her fan base that are diametrically opposed to everything she has done up to this point.  Miley built her fame and fortune entirely on the backs of young girls, and it saddens us that she seems so eager to distance herself from that fan base so rapidly."

Mary Martin

We need to support Miley and pray that she knows right from wrong. Keep up the good work.

Dan

She wasn't blindfolded, she's wearing a sleeping mask. And she's showing no more in her "panties" than she would wearing a bikini to the beach.

In case no one has noticed, Miley is built. She has legs that go on forever. Seventeen is the new 24.

I didn't find the video too sexy by any stretch of the imagination.

Hannah Montana is dead. Long live Miley Cyrus.

Rhonda

Serious we need to talk about other things then Miley doing a video. The problem is that everyone is acting crazy because she started off this young girl. Well guess what America she is a young adult now. She is growing up that is a part of life she could not always stay that little girl that we remember when we first saw her. I say leave the damn girl alone and let her grow if her parents don't have a problem with it then why in the world should we.

Yawn -it's been done before.

Yes, shedding your wholesome image for a sexed up look is such a great idea. Just look how well it worked for Britney Spears!! Hope Billy Ray is ready to step up as her conservator in a few years, just as Papa Spears had to do for Britney!

Boo

Yeah, uhh, I totally saw this coming.

Big Mamma Cornbread

HOLLYWOOD IF HOLLY COULD..REALITY IS THE UNDERLYING MOTIVES TO YOUR YOUNG SUCCESS IN SHOW BIZ...STRIP WHEN YOU GET TO A LEGAL AGE DID YOU THINK THESE PEOPLE HAVE MORALS THE WORLD IS A LIVING HELL ...NOW YOU PAY THE PIED PIPER...HERE SNIFF THIS SMOKE THIS POP THIS PILL TAKE A DRINK ..ASK DREW BARRYMORE AND BROOKE ..WHAT'S REALLY GOING ON...IT'S NAKED TIME.

Rikwes

@123 it is precisely this kind of attitude ( the "holier than thou" attitude ) which causes so many problems in modern day societies. You should be far more concerned it's perfectly legal to buy a gun at a mail-order store or to have physicians prescribe addicting drugs to these kids ( or the fact those physicians deem it necessary to do so, ever wonder about WHY these youths need those drugs ? ) than with an ARTIST making a video .

Big Mamma Cornbread

LINDSY LOHAN......SAME THING ....LOST AND TURNED OUT....YOUNG IN AN OLD USED UP BODY...SODOM AND GOMORRAH...LOOK WHAT YOU PEOPLE HAVE ALLOWED TO HAPPEN...A LIVING HELL...THESE POOR GIRLS HAVE NO ONE BUT THESE EXECUTIVE PIMPS WITH MOTIVES...A USED TISSUE ..HAVE YOU IN A PRETTY PINK AND PURPLE BOX...WHEN IT'S TIME TO PAY THE PIPER...YOU GET SLIMMED ...THEY WIPE THEIR NEED FOR GREED WITH YOU THE TISSUE PAPER...THEN THROW YOUR SILLY BUTT IN THE TRASH CAN ...YOU ARE NO LONGER ANY GOOD...COLD WORLD..CAN'T EVEN ENJOY THE MONEY BECAUSE NOW YOU ARE A SUBSTANCE ABUSER TO COVER THE SHAME AND,HUMILIATION YOU SUFFER....WHILE TRYING TO UNDERSTAND THIS EXISTENCE AND HUMANITY..THERE IS NO HUMANITY HERE SO STOP LOOKING AND KEEP ON YOUR UNDERWEAR...TRY AND STAY MEAN LIKE A PITT BULL ON ATTACK MODE...STAY SOBER, THEY GET YOU WHEN YOUR HIGH..WHEN THEY GET YOU ...NEVER THE SAME AGAIN..

DTM

Instead of telling people how to raise their children and what is decent and indecent, how about you get you own little ****ty brats under control. It's funny because people that think their kids are the best are usually the ones with the brattiest little bastards.

chocobo

"let her grow up in peace" i've seen that ALOT on here. Shes only 17, and shes made MANY public photos/videos that have a very sexual nature. Yeah im sure these days that may be normal for girls to do in their private life but shes advertising it to the world. That is just trashy. If she wants to rebel, if she wants to go through a "slutty" looking phase then whatever, but she doesnt need to do it to that extreme. I'm not even hating on Miley, im just saying shes using poor judegment with this. If she wants to slut it up, do it in her personal life, but as for her career shes still 17, she doesnt need to be doing this. I get it, sex sells blah blah blah, but she was doing just fine before all this so thats not an excuse anymore.

Felicity

Does no one else notice that most of the people she is grinding up against in the video are girls? I think I spotted one token make in the whole video. Who has her heart? Hmmm... I wonder. She's been doing age-inappropriate for a long while now. I mean, how many parents let their 16 year old date a 20 year old? Then they have the nerve to turn on Annie Leibovitz for an artful photo and make it seem like they were taken advantage of, all-the-while, Miley walks around in less fabric than that on a daily basis. Give her a year, you'll see her in Playboy. That's the kind of rep she's building for herself. I know she didn't dump my kiddos as part of her fan base. They dumped her.

Kung Fu Jesus

The Parents Television Council is a bunch of self-righteous fascist pigs who are anathema to everything our country stands for and who will hopeful all die a slow painful death from rectal cancer. I don't even care about Miley but if they are against her I'll support her just on general principles.

lanie

I agree with other posters -- it is extremely awkward. She seems like such a lost child to me. Trying to be something that she's not. The video just doesn't "fit" with her. And the song --like all of her music-- is absolutely terrible. She has a TERRIBLE, annoying singing voice..but her music/lyrics also sucks.

Some starlets are able to "sell" bad music w/a bad voice..but Miley isn't one of them..it's just awkward. That's the best word for it -- awkward as hell.

Cindy

I have to say, her voice sounds great. And there was bound to be changes as she matures.

Social Sandy

I thought it was going to be worse than it is because of the big deal the Parents Television Council is making. I forced myself to watch to see what the fuss was about and I saw nothing. I thought she was going to be in bed with a guy or something. She's in heavy makeup, big hair & in tank top/boy shorts. Okaaaay.....the only thing that weirds me out is how akward she looks. Trying to steal little bits of style from Gaga & Beyonce makes her look like she's trying to hard. Her dancing makes me turn my head...yikes.