Ben Harper Blindsides Laura Dern with Divorce

10/10/2010 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ben Harper stunned Laura Dern by filing for divorce late Friday afternoon … TMZ has learned.

Laura Dern divorce.
Harper, a two-time Grammy winner, filed legal docs citing irreconcilable differences and is asking the judge to deny Dern spousal support.

And here's what's interesting … according to the papers, Harper claims he and Dern separated back in January. But people connected with the couple, who married back in 2005, tell TMZ they have been living and traveling together throughout the year and were even intimate as recently as last week.

Harper is asking for joint legal and physical custody of the couple's two kids: Ellery, 9, and Jaya, 5.

cptnspoon19

Laura Dern's soon to be available? Anyone know where I can get her number? I'll be her rebound anytime.

billy

LOL...LOL.......LOL.... MY GOD I HAVEN'T SEEN ANYONE THGIS UGLY

T

She is better off without this turd.I hope the courts turn him down on everything.

teri

I agree, no beauty queen

tom terrific

This is not at all surprising. This is exactly what BH did to his first wife, with whom he has 2 children, when he became involved with LD.

Vangogh

@marshastafford

Mr Harper does not do black country which is rare; he does folk, gospel etc. He produces albums for " the blind boys of alabama"; black gospel at its best; no wonder you do not know about his music. Whatever you may think about his behaviour he is a talented musican. By the way you are not the arbiter of cultural taste.

b626

No spousal support, huh?
Ben you loser.

anna

anyone who cheats is a piece of s***. No one deserves to get their heart broken, but if the relationship started with cheating, it will end with cheating. Cheaters don't change

TTT

I'm not surprised. I always thought he was way too handsome and edgy for her her anyway. I think he needs someone more a bit more hip. Couldn't see what he saw in her flower girl, ditzy-ness. But I guess I'm not a man.

SGT Friday

....she is one ugly looking tramp, she needs a bath, work out, and comb her hair....bet she smells too!
Just the facts.

TTT

She looks like his momma in this picture. He probably got tired of someone asking if he was her son.

Queen of the smash and grab

She was "happily" engaged to Billy Bob Thornton when he up and married Angelina Jolie. I remember reading interviews she gave, and she claimed that as far as she knew, they were "still happily engaged" and that she was "blindsided" by it. Twice? Really? I find that a little hard to believe. She is either stupid, or the most naive woman on earth.

R.Zimmerman

Anothe slag.

Fredo

So....who exactly is Ben Harper?

truth

ben harper is a dumb A$$ laura dern is fine so all you haters can kiss her rich A$$
laura baby if you read this I LOVE YOU..