Oksana Names Key Witness in Domestic Violence Case

10/10/2010 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Oksana Grigorieva told Sheriff's deputies there was another person present the night Mel Gibson allegedly assaulted her -- and if true -- he could be the key witness in a possible domestic violence case.

1007_oksana_EX_TMZ-01
Sources close to Oksana tell TMZ she told cops a man named Tony was in the house the night of the alleged assault.  She claims Tony is a security guard and driver for Mel.

But here's the rub.  We can't find anyone named Tony who worked for Mel at the time.

Nonetheless ... Oksana told investigators she's positive Tony was at Mel's Malibu home that night and she believes he saw at least part of the altercation -- though she's unsure how much he actually witnessed.

Obviously, any witness to the alleged incident would be huge if domestic violence charges are filed  against Mel ... but as of now that's a big "if."

Previous 15 Comments | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85

eek

all of us are 'in fighting' to some degree.

Posted at 7:24 PM on Oct 11, 2010 by Sam

Divide and conquer...

Let's put this to rest, shall we? Everyone agrees that making threats towards an innocent baby is WRONG and should be reported to TMZ.

Let it die now, please?. We are all here trying to seek the truth. Let's get back to it...

Diane

I think Shirley is a great gal and there is a misunderstanding. I certainly have never seen any of Frieda's comments sink to the level of uber violations of the terms of service on TMZ and norms of decency that deserve the backlash she has received.

People have defended sweet and said it was excusable that she rants well....if anyone looked at all the posts recently it was sweet attacking Frieda every time she disagreed with someone. Frieda and the gang! Isn't Frieda entitled to the same level of understanding when she has always supported Mel AND what Mel demonstrates to the world is important to him?

It is pretty clear to most that she is rabidly jealous of Lucia and that really has no place in the support of Mel. I perceive that as the enemy of Mel of the worst kind.

I will not say anymore except that I do question the position of anyone who would support someone who does this.

Curious

Like I said, I'm done.

Sam, hun, if you want to discuss further, we can pick it up tomorrow. Bedtime for me.

Hopefully tomorrow will bring us some good news.

Good night all, be well and stay frosty.

Tohidu.

eek

Posted at 7:36 PM on Oct 11, 2010 by Diane

In agreement.

I think that this had been fueled though, between frieda and holmes by others. That's why I say it's a "divide and conquer" tactic. We should put it to rest. I haven't read Sweats post for the most part so I don't know first hand what she/he said/wrote. I am only basing this off the recent posts that I managed to get through of you guys.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Sam -

I don't believe I implied anyone else made death threats. Well, if you don't count some of the stuff "education" spewed at Tell.

I may not have made myself clear, what leads you to believe I said other people made death threats?

Posted at 7:27 PM on Oct 11, 2010 by Curious

You said that yes Sweets cusses etc and we all cuss etc(paraphrasing)

I am trying to point out: Yes we all are potty mouths, no one else has made viscious death threats like Sweets has. Even Education was while disgusting and awful not as bad as sweets. Tell is not a baby.

I understand you like her and that's fine, even good for her, I guess, at some level . It is certainly your right and I am not attacking you on it or anything like that. I want to understand WHY. IMO, you and others 'accepting' her crap is bad for her AND the rest of us because when she gets acceptatance for her unacceptable out of line behaviors (death threats) it encourages her and that in affect shortchanges her. She THINKS it IS acceptable.

Anyway, that's my 10 cents worth. I've over deposited. Sorry.

V

Remember, in the defamation suit, all they have to show is that "a reasonable person" could have believed in the truth of the story, based on the information they had at the time.

ROL would just state that there was an ongoing legal dispute for custody that included a restraining order based on Oxys fear for the child's well being. That makes it newsworthy.

Posted at 10:19 AM on Oct 11, 2010 by TMZgossip
-------------

I don't believe in taking things out of order. Chronology is KEY to this case and ROL's first hurdle is being named as a complicit or co-spirator, isn't it? If Oksana made those tapes to extract a settlement (which most sane people conclude) then ROL was at the very least complicit, weren't they?

The second hurdle for ROL, if they fend off the first, is publishing ANYTHING AFTER the material is SEALED by a JUDGE. Freedom of the Press is not boundless. OUr courts have to be able to do what we need them to do. And NO media should be allowed to interfere with a court order. They can't plead the tapes were newsworthy without keeping up on the particular of the case and that would include the JUDGE SEALING the tapes. SO... they purposefully elected to INTERFERE. I continue to NOT understand why the DA hasn't filed charges against them, yet. Maybe it is become the COMPLICIT and CO-COSPIRATOR charges are coming?

Next there are the PRIVACY violations - it is one thing to air tapes about adults but they didn't edit out the material aobut children, did they? Surely there has to be LAW, maybe even a whole set of them, to prevent sealed material in a PRIVATE FAMILY case (this wasn't a public funded case by any stretch and this isn't about PUBLIC FIGURES - TMZgossip, I think you are confusing CELEBRITY with PUBLIC FIGURE and in CA they are NOT the same!)

Here is a good link.

Add to this, the matter on these tapes was ALSO under investigation by the police. ONE MORE WAY ROL interfered!

The final piece of this puzzle is the defamation part. And considering the cozy reparte between Oksana and ROL, it wasn't just the tapes, there were photos and multiple quotes and even on camera interviews. NOPE, they are arm in arm with Oksana Grigorieva. And if the DA charges her, the charges should include EXTORTION and DEFAMATION and ROL was the VEHICLE she used.

I still wonder if they could be prosecuted as an ENFORCER and NOT just as being COMPLICIT.

NOPE, ROL can't imo plead ignorance or hide behind the First Amendment, the chronology just won't support it. IF they had begun to air the tapes before the Judge sealed them maybe there would be wiggle room

I don't see how this is a simple possible CIVIL case of defamation for Mel Gibson to tackle or not.

This whole distasteful fiasco has been an affront to the way our society is geared to operate. ROL disregarded TOO much. WHY is a great question but this needs to be REDRESSED in the COURT and it is NOT a CIVIL matter in my opinion, it is a CRIMINAL MATTER.

Diane

@V

You always have the most interesting and thought provoking posts.

Diane

Anyway, that's my 10 cents worth. I've over deposited. Sorry.

Posted at 7:54 PM on Oct 11, 2010 by Sam

You are right on, Sam and I won't say anything more because I have over deposited as well.

RNicolekeenan

I read the article in People, I think its Crazy how Mel was with her I hope that everything is mutual between them now and I hope he got help for the sake of his daughter and for himself.She's A beautiful woman and She has a very adorable little girl to raise and I hope she's getting all the child support she deserves because she Trueful deserves it. And Comments people were saying before like she's a good digger and Stuff She's far from it,She was in love with Mel,She was happy and things exploded and there just not meant to be but,they have a beautiful little grl Lucia together and thats all that matter!! And I wish Okasana nothing but the best:)

sugart*ts

This article on Ox's former & current PR reps just posted:

Love Jaffe's quote at end:
“It’s like the Titanic,” he said. “This is a ship that’s taking on water.”

V

LOVE the "funeral attire" !!!!

HAHAHAHAH! Thanks whoever thought of it!

Natasja

@ Frieda

That's why I said what I said. I'm just giving my point of view and get cursed and screamed at not once but twice.
And then to go off on an infant ...is a no no.
Maybe it's because I'm a mother of 2 and pregnant at the moment that I felt I had to say anything. Hormones and stuff ;)
I believe that an infant is the most precious and innocent creature in the world. And the is just no reason to attack it like that.

But I said what I felt and it's done.
I hope she gets the frustration and anger out of her system because it can't be healthy.

benny

Mel Gibson has some serious behavior and self control problems. It's odd that you get the sense he's not a bad person, even though his behavior is really rather horrifying. There is no way you can condone some of his behavior (even if you dispute what she is saying, some of his behavior has been recorded and is clearly not acceptable) and it leaves me wondering if maybe he is dealing with some major depression problems or bipolar disorder (or whatever, I'm not a doctor) that isn't being treated or at least not being treated effectively. Let's face it, when the brain decides to malfunction, it can lead to some pretty bizarre and out of character behavior. The guy is clearly not doing well.

colleen

This women is sick Enough is enough
Her child should be taken from her, she is mentally unstable and she should be put away She keep digging a hole deeper and deeper. She is a gold digger and a B....H

Previous 15 Comments | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | 84 | 85