Greg Giraldo 911 Call -- 'He's Not Breathing'

10/11/2010 1:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained the 911 call made the day Greg Giraldo overdosed.

Greg Giraldo 911 call.
During the call, a hotel employee at the Hyatt Regency in New Brunswick, NJ tells the 911 operator that Giraldo was in his room and was not breathing.

The employee also tells the dispatcher Giraldo's girlfriend had been trying to reach him all day -- and at the time of the call, she was in the room trying to administer CPR.

Giraldo passed away on September 29, five days after he was hospitalized for an overdose.

Cartman

I never even heard of this guy until he died.

Freddy digs UFC

Jesus Christ. Why don't you OBTAIN some RESPECT for his FAMILY.

jussayin'

girlfriend?? I thought I read somewhere that he was married with kids. Am I wrong?

koko

It is all very sad and how cold and uncaring that hospital employee sounds and the dispatcher as well!! None of us should die this alone at the mercy of uncaring strangers to care for us. I have been watching all of Giraldo and it is sad that TV subjects us to soo much worthless, brain zapping crap yet neither Comedy Central, HBO nor other network found space for this hilarious, brilliant, spot-on comedian. His comedy is biting with social commentary and honest observations about our world, it is such a shame no one gave him a better plattaform than silly celebrity Roasts. The guys was so brilliant. RIP, God is having fun and we have to live with Larry the Cable Guy! I can hear Greg Giraldo doing a bit on the way he died in heaven!

Bucky

Why TMZ? Why. I'm not even going to listen to this just out of respect which is what you guys have ZERO of. Losers.

Missy

I thought the same thing immediately as the other comment. Girlfriend? I hope that was a mistake and they meant wife. Even more humiliating for his wife & 4 kids than a middle aged guy getting high in a hotel with pals like he's 19 is that he had a girlfriend, too. Christ, pathetic. The whole thing.

Craig

WHY is this necessary??? Show some discretion and common sense please TMZ.

brad_p

"How does she know he's not breathing?"

"Uhhhh...cuz' he isn't breathing dipsh*t"

Lulu

Just to clarify Greg was divorced and had a girlfriend. Kind of disappointed in you TMZ. There's a huge difference between unveiling a scoop and playing an audio tape of a man that is dying or already dead that his 3 boys will someday find and listen to for themselves.

Tina

I think some of you heartless bastards have never lost anyone in your life to put on here that you never heard of him. BFD...he had fans JUST NOT YOU. He was talented in his own talents, he had his own family, and he died. RIP Greg. Ignore the idiots that have nothing better to say than cruel crap.

kimmi

Who cares if another barely hear of comedian/musician OD'ed??? He left a family behind that will never be the same all because he had to chase that high and numb the awful life that HE made for himself. Bury him next to DJ AM and Kurt Cobain, i.e. The Loser Section.

nancy jo

May He Rest in Peace! He's Probably Joking With Johnny Carson!!!!

Molotov

All my favorite comedians die young (Sam Kinison, Richard Jeni, and now Greg). I'm still bummed when I hear that Greg died. That guy had serious comedic chops.

Darlene

Rest in peace!

anastasia

posting a 911 call is crossing a line that you don't need to cross. making the last and worst moment of a person's life public is hurtful beyond words to his family and the people who love him. it doesn't matter if your 'job' is to report gossip, we all have a responsibility to show compassion to our fellow human beings. i used to read your site for fun. i don't think you're fun anymore.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments