Katherine & Joe Jackson Do 'Oprah'

10/11/2010 9:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Katherine and Joe Jackson sat down with Oprah Winfrey this weekend to tape a segment for O's show ... and TMZ has the first photos.

0910_media_removed_Mel_Gibson
As we first reported, production trucks for Oprah's show were parked outside the Jackson compound in Encino for the better part of Saturday. In the photos, Oprah can be seen meeting with several family members and getting the tour of the house.

We're told the interview focused heavily on Michael Jackson (duh) -- talking about his life, his kids and the book Katherine put together about his life.

No word yet on when the episode will air.

here-we-go-again

No its not.
Everyone can write stuff on wikipedia.

kim

Katherine may have good intentions with this interview but in my personal opinion Oprah does not. Let's not forget how many times Oprah has stepped on Michael. Do not tell me she has a turn of heart in her final season. Just don't believe it. Oprah has a way of twisting and turning things and I really hope Katherine doesn't fall for that. The world is watching and the fans have had enough of Michael being trashed in the media.
I like Katherine and I hope she sets the record straight.

AS for the LMP interview, that one was originally scheduled for october 6th, and 2 days before it was supposed to be aired they cancelled it and something else showed up on the schedule. has this one been rescheduled for november?

I just get a bad feeling about any of the Jacksons being on the Oprah show because of what Oprah has done in the past.

rip mj

LauraBreganze

O I love Operah Winfrey.

iFart

You know what? At this point I don't care what everyone's intentions are, whether it be for money or publicity or love, as long as they stand up for Michael and tell the world the truth about what an amazing human being he was. Pretty much everyone in MJ's life has backstabbed or used him in one way or another. If they all feel guilty now, good!! Maybe they can all atone for their guilt by being honest about what that poor man had to live through, and how they all contributed to his demise. He couldn't trust anyone! With the exception of his children of course, and I'm so glad he had them in his life.

I really hope LMP sets the record straight and admits she bashed him because she was hurt at the time, and still obviously in love with him. I believe she has deep regrets now. I have a feeling Oprah has had a change of heart too, mostly because she saw her ratings dwindle last year because of Michael's huge, pissed-off fan base...we let her know she screwed up, loudly. I just hope her show isn't going to be about drug interventions and how hard they tried to save him...that will just make me angrier at everyone involved. They all need to take a hard look at themselves and accept some responsibility for the pressures he felt. If Oprah really wants to do Michael justice, she should have Tom Mesereau on her show...that would redeem her in my eyes. I guess we'll see how it all plays out soon enough.

Luv you and miss you forever MJ!

Katherine

Katherine's probably giving Oprah the interview to thank Oprah for constantly promoting "This is It" on her show until it became #1 in the U.S. box office and calling it "oscar worthy" and doing that show with the director and showing exclusive footage of the movie on her show. A lot of soccer moms took their kids and husbands to see "This is It".

lola

I DONT LIKE LISA MARIE PRESLEY BEING ON DUMMY OPRAH SHOW BECAUSE SHE IS ONLY GOING TO PLEASE MICHAEL JACKSON CRITICS. LIKE DIANE DIMOND. BY THE WAY D.D. IS BEHIND MJ'S DEATH, SO IS LISA, MARTIN BASHERE, TOM SNEDDON. OPRAH ONLY WANTS MONEY. PEOPLE NEED TO STOP MILKING MICHAEL JACKSON FOR MONEY LIKE SONY IS DOING. STOP THE MADNESS!!!!

MK

Any chance Joe gets to put his ugly mug in a photo and there he is! He probably heard there was a chance to plug his blu-ray cd record label again. why can't they just keep themselves OUT of the press!!

Tom Sneddon finally admits the truth:

javera

If Oprah wants to promote justice and boost her ratings even higher than they already are, she should let Diane Dimond come on her to promote her book "Be Careful who you love" which argues a very convincing case that Michael was guilty. Oprah was the only talk show that never had Dimond on to promote her book, and since so many people think Michael is guilty, having Dimond on would be a huge ratings boost.

susie

i hope katherine would just drop dead and none of the jacksons get a penny from mj's estate.

Mary Maude Henry

Great post TSIG.
Lisa Presley has only TWO claims to fame, her father and one of her ex's. She is a silly vapid woman who pretends to be very deep and hip- at the same time she ridiculed him-the gist was- I married him because I was nuts. I don't know about nuts, but this woman is boring! Michael never renounced their marriage publicly, so who had the class in that relationship???? The interview with Oprah in 2006(7)?-where her mother chimed in about Michael's agenda with Elvis-to gag people, just to gag! And LM all giggly and embarrassed because she had married him in the first place when everyone knew that he had stopped sleeping with her and THAT was the reason for the break-up. Still another awful CD? Who needs it? A book about Michael? She must be broke...again! MMH

MiMi

My guess is that the interview/interviews will all be scheduled around the time they release Michael's new DVD box set.

Doesn't really matter anyone thinks of LMP or Katherine.

You know ya'll will be watchin no matter what.

MJisking

TMZ,

Can you tell us when Katherine & Joseph Jackson will invite Tom Sneddon for tea & scones at Hayvenhurst?

Maybe after Sneddon, they could have a pool party with Diane Sawyer, Diane Dimond & Martin Bashir? One can never promote a book filled with errors enough...And we all know, MJ's fans are clueless, and won't think twice about supporting two money-hungry grieving parents.

Michael Jackson's kids are paying dearly for their father's decision letting Murderer-Murray into his home.

sofi

Oprah considers herself a savior of famous and infamous people.
When she remembered the interview she had with Michael she said she could have been his friend but at that time all that mattered to her was to get the interview.
She forgot to mention about all the awards Michael got for his professional and humanitarian work. She probably had no idea that MICHAEL WAS A HUMANITARIAN WHO DID GOOD WITHOUT CAMERAS SHOWING US WHERE HE WENT AND HOW MUCH HE GAVE.
I'ii bet she had no idea that while America was dragging poor Michael to court Europe was handing him awards for his humanitarian work and whenever he was awarded he was also given a standing ovation.
She has such a high opinion of herself and how dare she compare herself to Michael.She is such a showoff.
Michael though a very rich entertainer remained humble.Success didn't get to his head,he loved people,he wanted to be around them,he wanted people to see him as their neighbor not like a weird as many called him superstar.Michael had a magical way of touching our souls whether it was through his songs,his speeches
afterall we are all human,he always said that and i strongly believe that this why he will be remembered.I am not trying to underestimate his talent,he was a unique multi-talent that ever lived on this wicked earth.

Joanna

Katherine I can't believe you did that. Oprah was an enemy to Michael, she was one of the bad guys. You're betraying him now. I hope it's not for book sales.