Michael Lohan: Dina

Screwed Lindsay Up, Too

10/11/2010 1:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Lohan is lashing out at claims he's the root of Lindsay Lohan's problems -- what with the violence, prison stints and general bad behavior.

1011_lohans_EX_TMZ_01
Michael tells TMZ ... Dina was violent as Lindsay was growing up, and it left an impression.  Michael claims when Lindsay was 4 years old, Dina was arguing with his mom and Dina allegedly smashed a phone across grandma's face, requiring six stitches.

And Michael says, on another occasion -- when Lindsay was a teenager -- Dina went nuts on Michael, flew over two beds to get to him and accidentally knocked herself out.

Michael adds it was Dina's idea to leave Lindsay in Hollywood at a very young age, even though LiLo had a stalker.

As we reported, some members of Lindsay's family tell us ... Lindsay believes her current predicament is the result of Michael's craziness.

UPDATE: A source close to Dina tells us, "This is absolutely not true. She will not respond to anything Michael Lohan says."

Joseph

Both parents are stupid and both got her screwed up. Witht that said, there comes a point when a person becomes a adult that you have to take responsibility for you won choices. So her blaming daddy is wrong. She decided to do drugs, go parting, blow off high paying acting jobs others would love to have, ect...

Sassy

Both parents are somewhat to blame and Lindsay shares the blame, too, but she is more to blame than anyone. She isn't 10 years old. Michael is more vocal (and really needs to shut up sometimes though I understand he had to defend himself today over the recent announcement that in counseling Lindsay only blames him) so people automatically assume Dina is an angel. She is not! I wonder what path Ali will take in life. Pray for her and the brother that they don't play the excuse games Lindsay plays along with her mom. She blames everyone but herself. Dina hung out in nightcubs with her young daughter. I'm sure that was excellent parenting.

Lori

Neither one of those so called adults should be allowed to parent! If only we could go back in time and render them both sterile! Better yet, if only we could have rendered their parents sterile!

sam

They are both messed up and need help

cali

Hum... I suspect two posers are here slinging sh*t at each other on the comment board

panthergirl89

Yeah, Dina won't say anything, but Nicole, Delmar and Susan sure will. What a joke Dina is.

averagewhitegirl

Lindsay needs a good long look in the mirror and stop blaming her parents for her addictions. Gee, I wish I had such a horrid upbringing, it must of been so tough being a movie star when the rest of us were just nobodies My high point was winning a blue ribbon in a 4H rabbit show! As far as blaming the tabloids, she should not of been running around with no underwear on in a short skirt in public,duh,"Do I still need alot of attention or what???" Straighten up or die, that is the bottom line!!!

Harvey2

I'm sure the real truth lays somewhere in between the 2 parents stories. If LiLo wants to get right in the head, she needs to cut both of them out of her life and end their influence of her completely. But wait... that would mean Dina would have to actually get a job. LMAO yeah right....

If sense were common everyone would have it.

Jeez. That's the little kid equivalent of saying "She's just as much of a dooshbag as I am, too!"

Rosemary

If I was Dina, I would shut up about Michael and be embarrassed that my daughter was supporting me!

Kat

So, I have an alcholic father, and my family life was messed up, it doesn't give you an excuse to be a complete **** up. Own up to who you are, mabye your parents contrubuited but if anything...seeing how your fathers life turned out...it should be a warning on what NOT to do. This girl chose every minute of her life, now let her lay in the bed she made.

You can't blame everything on your parents....

Bren

Oh come on, you can tell by his behavior with the media that he is a nutso. Always seeks attention and revenge through the public eye. He is a true narcissist.

Dina on the other hand, seems to be just as bad with all of her denial. Both she and Lindsay seem to exhibit signs of codependency...probably from having a parent/spouse who was an alcoholic/drug addict.

Maybe if Michael were to finally accept the truth and the blame, he might actually be able to have a relationship with his daughter.

DANA

michael needs to crawl back under the rock from where he came for it leave it a rest for some time

lou

Dina screwed up too-oo, Diiina screwed up too-oooooo! Nyah nyah!

Leelou

For the first time I am actually agreeing with Michael Lohan. He is NOT the only one responsible for Lindsay's problems. Her mother hold a ton of blame, if not more, then him. Dont get me wrong Lindsay is responsible for her life and all but I do believe they both had a big hand in how she turned out. They are both the lowest form of parents in hollywood and should be tossed in jail for just being douche bags.